User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Yankee Dog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Barbers Vintage Motorcycle Festival

The missus and I went to Barbers Motorsports Park last Saturday for the Vintage Motorcycle Festival. A good time was had by all and I decide to share some of what we saw you all you nice folks and even those who are not so nice.

Barbers is a great place if you have not been there. They have a bunch of statues places around the grounds. Very cool in my opinion. This guy is about twelve feel tall or so. There are also spiders, ants and other assorted thingamabobs.

The first thing is that motorcycle can park just about anywhere that can fit. Barbers doesn’t do too much to control this and the resulting chaos is something to behold. Now don’t take this as a complaint, just a comment and possibly a warning that should you decide to that this fun even in sometime in the future and you figure you might want to leave early you should be very careful where you park or risk being blocked in. By the time the missus and I left (5:30) things were starting to clear out however so it was not much of a problem for us.

The first thing we did was head for the swap meet. The swap meet consisted of several acres of motorcycle parts and accessories. I really didn’t have a shopping list of any sort. But there were lots to see and gawk at in any case.

If you do decided you want a certain part for that certain old bike you have out in the garage I would suggest you know what the part looks like. I know I certainly did not have the slightest idea what I was looking at most of the time.

Of course besides junk I mean parts they also whole bike for sale. Some of them in pristine condition.

Of course some of them needed a little work.

OK OK , some of them need a whole lotta work.

We also saw the new MOTUS while we were there even go to sit on it. I posted another thread about it here somewhere.

And did you know they also race some of these old bikes.

Personally I would not, as some of them did not make it all the way around the track unassisted.

Of course the parking lot was a show all by itself.

We also found this “contraption” in the parking lot. Most interesting is all I can say.

Anyway, that about rounds it out. This was our first trip to this festival. I do believe we will try it again next year.

Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
BADDAD
" Bitter Clinger "

Oddometer: 324
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice pics and thanks for sharing. I was curious about your pics of the enduro bikes. Were they racing inside the park? I can't imagine old man Barber letting them ride on his manicured grounds with such reckless abandon.

If so.......damn sorry I missed it! We are regular visitors to Barbers and I absolutely love that place. It is a sight to behold and the museum is breathtaking.

PLAN B SUCKS

When you don't know what you are doing you might as well do it quickly
BADDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Reverend12
Well there it is..

Oddometer: 1,432
I think they have an offroad course behind the racetrack up on the hill.
Reverend12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
My buddy and I rolled back today,Decatur Ala to Toledo in 10 hrs,had a blast at Barber.Weather was supurb!
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
+1

Was there Friday to Sunday. Great event!! Will make it a 'must go' again next year.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDAD View Post
Nice pics and thanks for sharing. I was curious about your pics of the enduro bikes. Were they racing inside the park? I can't imagine old man Barber letting them ride on his manicured grounds with such reckless abandon.

If so.......damn sorry I missed it! We are regular visitors to Barbers and I absolutely love that place. It is a sight to behold and the museum is breathtaking.
Missed it this year, but I have raced there a few times in PV Cross Country and the vintage trials event. AHRMA sets up an observed trials loop, a cross country course (seems like it was about 4 or 5 miles long through the woods), and they also have a MX on Sunday, (a couple of years, set up in the pristine bermuda grass, then a dedicated MX area). All of this is going on while the road racing, museum, and swap meet are taking place, it truly is a vintage festival.
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
adv365
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Great pics! Looks like "Pawn Stars" meets "Hoarders" meets "American Pickers" meets advrider.com! I would have had a blast digging through all that stuff at the swap meet. Thanks for posting.
adv365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #8
Yankee Dog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend12 View Post
I think they have an offroad course behind the racetrack up on the hill.
You would be correct. It was in the back corner. Mostly in the woods. They also had some trials going on but we missed that.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
telejojo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Wish I knew it was going on................
telejojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
RIDEMYST
RIDEMYST

Oddometer: 3
We also attended and had a great time. -JEP-
Here is the link for the pics I took:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ridemys...7627863888344/
RIDEMYST is offline   Reply With Quote