Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #1561
charlie59
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
can head any time after wednesday the 19th, was thinking up to townsville on the thursday early enough to get a new back tyre then where ever. but not carved in stone. are you headin out for the22nd barra?.
charlie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #1562
barra
trying to get there

Oddometer: 1,317
Looking at the calender, I should be fairly flexible around the 20th onward into the weekend. I reckon you should book in for the tyre change. You can always rip the wheel off at my joint and drop it for a change and balance. You'll probably have a better mud map in a week or so.
barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #1563
charlie59
Studly Adventurer

wheres a decent place to get a 606 in townsville, barra.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #1564
gkNQ
Northern Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Dennis is heading north from Townsville on the Saturday. We could show him the way to Mt Fox via Paluma or Star River/Moss and camp at the Mt Fox reserve. I think Kenno and a few of the Cairns mob are keen to come down to Mt Fox and show Dennis the dirt way to Mt Garnet on Sunday. I will ride a bit of the way on Sunday however have to get back to Townsville on Sunday arvo, a few things on that Monday at work that I cannot get out of. I get my tyres/606's from Rising Sun Honda or Future Sport, both are good to deal with.
gkNQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #1565
charlie59
Studly Adventurer

thanks gk.if i can get the time off i will give rising sun a call. i'll tag along with what ever you blokes come up with,have to be back home by monday night.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #1566
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,098
We are counting down the days!! Fog & frost is overrated Working on the theroy if we carry your beer we wont end up lost & abandoned! Only wish I had the bike!See ya in a week & a bit

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #1567
Kenno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Mt Fox Mt Garnett

I thought the target was Mt Garnett wasn't it
Then split off for home from there via slab.

I don't know how to get to Mt Garnett from Mt Fox, never been in those parts and was going to follow you fellas, guess I need to read a map real soon or we are going to hear banjo music at dead end tracks

EDIT: Had a quick look and found what I think is the basic route but any input would be really welcomed, check the link here which should load up the proposed track, looks like a nice run.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?m...86212,2.113495

"Parts left out cost nothing and cause no service problems" (Kettering)

Kenno screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 07:33 AM
Kenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #1568
barra
trying to get there

I get my tyres done at lockes. $140 for a 606 and no charge for fitting if you take the wheel to him. $15 for fitting if you take the bike. Be interesting to see what the other bike shops charge.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #1569
barra
trying to get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenno View Post
I thought the target was Mt Garnett wasn't it
Then split off for home from there via slab.

I don't know how to get to Mt Garnett from Mt Fox, never been in those parts and was going to follow you fellas, guess I need to read a map real soon or we are going to hear banjo music at dead end tracks

EDIT: Had a quick look and found what I think is the basic route but any input would be really welcomed, check the link here which should load up the proposed track, looks like a nice run.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?m...86212,2.113495
Not to sure what is the plan, but I reckon it'll fall into place .

It's 6am sunday morning and I was just about to head off for a days ride. Walked outside and it's raining. Bugger.

But i have fallen in love,

barra screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 12:54 PM
Old 06-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #1570
barra
trying to get there

Kenno, that track you put up . The pic here is the back section heading into Ingham. I lost my rear brake coming down that hill.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #1571
gkNQ
Northern Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Hi Kenno, that is the track, a good scenic ride and easy to navigate. The road in from Ingham goes past the turn off into Wallaman Falls, worth a look if you have time. Dennis and crew will not be able to leave Townsville until after lunch on Saturday as one of their party is flying in, Mt Fox or a bush camp a bit further north is about as far as we would get on Saturday arvo.
gkNQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #1572
jollyrodger2005
DIRTY OLD MAN

Oddometer: 725
606's are $ 123 here in Gladdy Barra....if you take the wheel in,not sure how much if you don't, most I paid was $165 in Longreach in 2011.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #1573
Kenno
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkNQ View Post
Hi Kenno, that is the track, a good scenic ride and easy to navigate. The road in from Ingham goes past the turn off into Wallaman Falls, worth a look if you have time. Dennis and crew will not be able to leave Townsville until after lunch on Saturday as one of their party is flying in, Mt Fox or a bush camp a bit further north is about as far as we would get on Saturday arvo.
Thanks GK, been looking forward to seeing it for quite a while, too bad work has you by the short and curlys, would have been fun.

Will you turn down the blue range road then back via Herveys Range rd?
Might try that route myself next time I come down your way for a ride further south but Abhi Beckert (inmate) said there was a river that is sometimes flooded somewhere down that way.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #1574
Kenno
Studly Adventurer

Been raining here for a month Barra, Charlie might have been right on the money

Where do the knobs go on that bike?

Yeah the ride will fall into place, shit it looks like a good run, Soul Adventurer(Bern) has been trying to get me down that way for ages but is always out of town on assignment elsewhere.

Did you boil your brakes on that descent behind Ingham or was it mechanical failure, I suffered a burst brake hose on a terrible downhill track up this way and had my tall gearing on at the time, it was horrendous and momentus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra View Post
Not to sure what is the plan, but I reckon it'll fall into place .

It's 6am sunday morning and I was just about to head off for a days ride. Walked outside and it's raining. Bugger.

But i have fallen in love,

Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #1575
barra
trying to get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrodger2005 View Post
606's are $ 123 here in Gladdy Barra....if you take the wheel in,not sure how much if you don't, most I paid was $165 in Longreach in 2011.
I think old locky's price is A bit cheaper than $140, but I just rounded it off. I think I paid $270 for front and rear just before the Birdsville trip.

It was a brake boil Kenno. Th disc was blue and the calipre steamed when I spat on it. I must have caught it on my boot for a few minutes. I got brakes back at the bottom of the hill and changed the fluid when I got home. Probably after putting on the steel pegs I need a bit more ajustment .