ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #1591
dazza67
Porky Adventurer
 
dazza67's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Collinsville,Qld,Australia
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt55 View Post
Thanks Outbackbiker. Pretty well got the route sorted was just looking for conditions between Nebo to eungulla and on to Collinsville and then on through to the Burdiken Dam. We are on GS12's so we are not looking for to much wild stuff. Next time maybe will bring the 630 up. 2 of our group have property at Westwood so they have the Westwood to Marlborough sorted. I've been up the St Lawrence range and in around Croydon before so that will be ok and I have done the pipeline to Eungulla Dam before but not beyond through to Collinsville
Cheers
JT
The road from Eungulla to collinsville is an easy & picturesque ride but does have a few rutted areas that sneak up on you.
The road from Collinsville to Burdiken is an easy ride as well.From Collinsville to Bowen river pub is super smooth as the grader has been through there before the Rodeo last weekend.
If ya's need a place to stay in Collinsville i can help out.
dazza67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #1592
charlie59
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: CQ.
Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza67 View Post
The road from Eungulla to collinsville is an easy & picturesque ride but does have a few rutted areas that sneak up on you.
The road from Collinsville to Burdiken is an easy ride as well.From Collinsville to Bowen river pub is super smooth as the grader has been through there before the Rodeo last weekend.
If ya's need a place to stay in Collinsville i can help out.
What about the causeway at burdekin dam. Might go through there next week.
charlie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #1593
dazza67
Porky Adventurer
 
dazza67's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Collinsville,Qld,Australia
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie59 View Post
What about the causeway at burdekin dam. Might go through there next week.
Not sure mate,havn't been out there recently but i'm sure if you rang Sun water customer service on 13 15 89 they should be able help.
cheers.
dazza67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #1594
jt55
Life's Short go Wide
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane,Au
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza67 View Post
The road from Eungulla to collinsville is an easy & picturesque ride but does have a few rutted areas that sneak up on you.
The road from Collinsville to Burdiken is an easy ride as well.From Collinsville to Bowen river pub is super smooth as the grader has been through there before the Rodeo last weekend.
If ya's need a place to stay in Collinsville i can help out.
Thanks Dazza,
That's a great help just need to check with the Caravan Park at the Dam just before we leave to see if the causeway is open.
jt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #1595
Andrew69
trail rider
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Townsville
Oddometer: 80
dam spillway

was at Mingela last weekend , saw a big sign from sunwater advertising that the spillway crossing was closed.
try the Burdekin dam ranger 47703177.

cheers
Andrew69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #1596
jt55
Life's Short go Wide
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane,Au
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie59 View Post
What about the causeway at burdekin dam. Might go through there next week.
Hey Charlie, got a hold of Sun Water today, the dam crossing is Open
jt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #1597
charlie59
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: CQ.
Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt55 View Post
Hey Charlie, got a hold of Sun Water today, the dam crossing is Open

thanks mate,might come down that way on monday if time allows.


cheers, charlie.
charlie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #1598
WR Pilot
n00b
 
WR Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Sarina
Oddometer: 9
Looks like a nice area for a ride out there. Whats the fuel situation like north of Collinsville, does the cvan park have fuel and food?
__________________
Of all the things I've lost, Its my mind I miss the most
WR Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #1599
outback jack OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Pilot View Post
Looks like a nice area for a ride out there. Whats the fuel situation like north of Collinsville, does the cvan park have fuel and food?
No fuel at MT Coolon or the Burdekin Dam, not sure about Ravenswood, There is fuel at The Belyando crossing on the Clermont/Towers road.
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #1600
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Pilot View Post
Looks like a nice area for a ride out there. Whats the fuel situation like north of Collinsville, does the cvan park have fuel and food?
Some other forum members may give better info but from memory,no fuel at dam,ravonswood had fuel witch is about 80km nth of dam,not sure of distance from c/ville to ravonswood,but would be getting low on go gas back to collinsville after going to dam?
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #1601
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
No fuel at MT Coolon or the Burdekin Dam, not sure about Ravenswood, There is fuel at The Belyando crossing on the Clermont/Towers road.
Maybe the old servo at mt coolon does fuel again,saw a notice at place last year,read along the lines of limited fuel available,maybe no dramas with 20lts or so for a bike?,worth a call
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #1602
dazza67
Porky Adventurer
 
dazza67's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Collinsville,Qld,Australia
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Pilot View Post
Looks like a nice area for a ride out there. Whats the fuel situation like north of Collinsville, does the cvan park have fuel and food?
What sort of range are you guys getting from your bikes?
From Collinsville to out of Ravenswood to the nearest servo on the Bruce hwy should be around maybe 250 ~300km i would think.
So you might be right!
dazza67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #1603
outback jack OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Maybe the old servo at mt coolon does fuel again,saw a notice at place last year,read along the lines of limited fuel available,maybe no dramas with 20lts or so for a bike?,worth a call
Charlie and I got some diesel of that bloke but he had no Petrol at that time. You wouldn't want to rely on him having anything , he looked like a partime operator.
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #1604
lentil
All round nice guy
 
lentil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Not Gunnedah
Oddometer: 7,400
Err I can tell you places not to go,

I got threatened to be buried by a D9 dozer just south of Mt coolon

Told me that my hilux and me could be buried and never Seen again - and I think he meant it
I had inadvertently turned right instead of left @an intersection and gone into the wrong property. And they weren't happy to see me.

No tea and scones that day
__________________
F5 is for wussies Command R is where the actions at!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1605
outback jack OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
Err I can tell you places not to go,

I got threatened to be buried by a D9 dozer just south of Mt coolon

Told me that my hilux and me could be buried and never Seen again - and I think he meant it
I had inadvertently turned right instead of left @an intersection and gone into the wrong property. And they weren't happy to see me.

No tea and scones that day
There’s Gold in Them Thar Hills
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014