ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #631
luv2race OP
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
She never retunred my call............................
Bitch
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #632
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race View Post
You guys are studs to post last night I rolled into the garage just before 11 pm, headed straight for the shower, then to the couch with mama watching TV. I was out in less then 5. Wow that was alot of miles.

First off, thanks to Jim for bringing my beer and fuel, it saved my a$$ and to everybody who showed up. Also, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Dunerat and Val, holy shit that food was KILLER! DR's East LA carne is second to none. Rice, beans, mac salad, pico and salsa, 1224R's special blend and Cathy's brownies were all perfect after that many miles. You guys know how to feed an army in style

Thanks again to Dunerat for bringing the stripper pole and to the strippers for supplying the entertainment. You chicks were HOT

Thanks RobG for stepping up with all that firewood to keep us warm

On the ride out, we met a beautiful coyote that hung out with us for a while at the south end of West Side Rd. There will be a couple of pics.

Great weather and riding partners that made the weekend problem free. Looking forward to the March n00b ride, til then, Cheers!
John, I never formally wished you a happy birthday, so I'm not going to now.... but congrats for still being alive!

But to me, I like to think you're still in your 40's
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #633
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
I'm Ersin's Bitch. Thanks for the ride.

Thanks to Jim and Jim for the extraction assistance.

Thanks to Cathy for that special surprise.

Jim, your truck is confused. It's supposed to be motorcycles jumping over trucks, not trucks jumping over motorcycles.

Much fun was had by all. Hot springs half-way through ride was nice. Good times seeing old and meeting new friends.

Thanks to organizers.

One of these days I'm going to get a taste of this Carne Asada I keep hearing rumors about....
WallyWhirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #634
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWhirled View Post
I'm Ersin's Bitch. Thanks for the ride.

Thanks to Jim and Jim for the extraction assistance.

Thanks to Cathy for that special surprise.

Jim, your truck is confused. It's supposed to be motorcycles jumping over trucks, not trucks jumping over motorcycles.

Much fun was had by all. Hot springs half-way through ride was nice. Good times seeing old and meeting new friends.

Thanks to organizers.

One of these days I'm going to get a taste of this Carne Asada I keep hearing rumors about....
Hey Wally,

If you loose couple lbs, I may give you an other ride in Death Valley.

"FYYFF's Death Valley Sight Seeing Tours"... "We ride, you enjoy..."

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #635
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,896
A video from my back camera. Luv2Race is chasing me over South Pass to Saline Valley Road. Camera is very shaky. I need to fix that.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #636
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,539
Wow that was a great trip! And what a great group of people!
Big shout out to Noel and Val you guys took great care of all us FF
Sat Dinner was a perfect way to end a great day of riding. Val rocked as our personal Bartender! I think between Mike & I we owe Noel a bottle of rum?
It was a long walk back to my room.

Big thanks to all the folks that help me figure out my electrical on the 530. Turns out the new Head light shorted the shit out of my electrical system???

But with all the good advice I was still able to get the bike sorted out enough so I could still ride Sat & Sun.

This ride was a big challenge for me, 500+ miles in 3 day on the small bike! We almost made the Nowwhat loop on Sat. A few flats and other issue slowed us down but we came close. Traded Chloride Cliffs instead of Echo to make up for some lost time.

Big thanks to Noel & Joel for hauling my shit around. Made the trip a whole lot better! Nice to have clean socks undies every morning!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #637
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race View Post
the one we saw looked like he ate much better then that little guy
+1
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #638
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Yeah, who is Carol, what does "meat" mean and what is Ersin's hand "single."

The kids these days...
sorry I cant spell.

when we were riding Ersin would make hand sings and i did not get them all. but man, the little Dakar has the motor to run 80mph, even hit 93 GPS in the pass but i need new tires to run that speed home.

and dont worry Eric. I wont quite you.
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #639
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_downey View Post
.... but man, the little Dakar has the motor to run 80mph, even hit 93 GPS in the pass but i need new tires to run that speed home.

and dont worry Eric. I wont quite you.
You need to turn your throttle a little harder. Mine has routinely hit 100mph on Wingate and West Side Rds on my GPS. I've had it at 108 on the highway.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #640
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,999
coming from baker, one fine example of the vastness of california's "public lands"

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13 View Post
We were out there this weekend also. And stayed in Beatty. Mostly RT's but some of the GS's also, at least one of which is never to go off road. One GS did brave the Titus Canyon road.
I wanted to ride up the 2 way portion of Titus Canyon and hike into the canyon on Saturday, but we were too busy looking at other things, and that gravel looked quite slippery for an RT.
Those are some excellent videos. It looks like we had no where near as much fun as you out there.
dc

spotted these riders in shoshone. could be your group? driveshafts rule...

entrance to the park was free (thanks to all the veterans) last weekend

badwater from dante's view

aircooled and driveshafts - love them!

zabrieski point

one of the attractions of death valley
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #641
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

dunerat just finished grilling the east l.a. meat

tony, sharon and jimmy (thanks for the awesome dip and sauce)

night time surgery......, hey sito - since when you got the mohawk?...

good eats!

all hungry riders

the rated R camp fire, and by 9 pm, all these studly PPs were in bed.....

the PG camp fire

someone found this iowa plate in saline valley, and no photshopped.....
Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #642
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post

I just hope that Death Valley rapist didn't get to any of these guys.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #643
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,593
Browneye's RR

Had a super time and really enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone. Great food and conversation. Thank you to all that pitched in to make it a memorable ADV event.

I put my photos up with descriptions on my photobucket account here: www.photobucket.com/chrisbrown_dv_trip

Teaser pics and story here...

We arrived at PSR about 1pm Thursday, obviously early and ahead of of the crowd. Jimmy (1224R) and Rob G (RobG) and Jerry (BajaRider650) went on an afternoon ride over to Darwin and explored some canyons and attractions in town. Bustling metropolis that it is...

Friday was our big ride though and Jim (spafxer) helped us with route planning out to the hot springs in Saline and to do the loop over Hunter and back Lippencott. We got going about 9:30 and it was pretty cold with ominous clouds overhead. Here's the lookout point above Panamint just about to the summit at South Pass:

Our intention was to go around the loop through Teakettle Junction and when we got back out to Saline Valley Road we were going to decide if we were continuing out to the hot springs or return to PSR. Spafxer was going to be out there for an overnighter and said he would have gas for us if we needed it.

We headed up the road to Hunter Mountain thinking we'd check out the cabin up there. As we approached the top of the mountain we started getting snow flurries. We found the cabin and were able to take shelter from a virtual blizzard for about an hour. Elevation 6950'.

Jerry was disappointed that it wasn't all setup like the images we had seen of Osborne Cabin:

The snow was coming down pretty good. I had my jetboil along so we had a cup of coffee and a snack and decided to wait it out to see if it was going to really start covering the ground or quit.

Sure enough, after about a half hour it quit, so we loaded up and headed back down the mountain. Not knowing if it was going to pour rain or not we decided to stay at a lower elevation and head toward the Hot Springs in Saline Valley.

Saline Valley Road:

We got to about where the Lippencott road cuts off and with looming rain clouds and cool temps we decided a down pour and getting drenched would probably freeze us to death. Jerry didn't have rain pants and his jacket really wasn't waterproof either. So we turned around and headed back.

Sure enough the sun started poking thru and as we came up on the look out vista above PSR we were treated to some spectacular views.

On Saturday we tagged along with DannyG's group back to Darwin for some singletrack work out.

ADV salute...

Jimmy (1221R)

After following around their KTM trail bikes (450's and 525's) with my husky pig I decided to break away and head for Osborne. I wanted to see that place before the weekend was over and this was the last real day of riding for us.

I found my way out there and stopped for lunch at the old cabin.

I setup on the old table on the covered patio for a nice lunch. Made up a cup of hot chicken noodle soup to go with my ham sandwich.

It was so darn quiet up there and I was getting bored so I even took a picture of myself.

The sun was going down over the mountain and it was cooling off. Nice view from the front porch of Osborne.

So I was packing up and getting ready to head back, topped off my fuel tank, and close everything up, and low and behold I hear a bike coming up the valley. Darned if it wasn't DannyG and his whole entourage, and my buddy Jerry, coming out to check it out. I was so glad they made it. So we broke out a few beers and had a smoke and caught up on the day of riding.

Here's the mottly crew of us at Osborne.

Sunday morning Jerry and I took off for the Charcoal Kilns while everybody packed up and headed home. That was a quick 80 miles and some good scenery to cap off the trip.

Thanks again everyone. Happy birthday Luv2drink and thanks to Noel and crew for great eats, and RobG for bringing firewood. See y'all next time. Can't wait!!
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #644
David13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
H8Chains
Yes, those are some of our cohorts. Franz from North Fork and Carl from Pasadena I recognize in the photo. Mr. Duck from Lancaster and Joe from Coarsegold should also be there.
They went down to the date farm as a usual stop for them.
The two boxers on side stands are probably also but I don't recognize the helmet or anything.
dc
David13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #645
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

excelent rr chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13 View Post
H8Chains
Yes, those are some of our cohorts. Franz from North Fork and Carl from Pasadena I recognize in the photo. Mr. Duck from Lancaster and Joe from Coarsegold should also be there.
They went down to the date farm as a usual stop for them.
The two boxers on side stands are probably also but I don't recognize the helmet or anything.

dc
dc, i met the bmw rider from lancaster and we had a chat atop dante's view. invited him and riding buddy to join us at psr but could not make it since they have to go to beatty.

hope all of you had a great time, though maybe not as much beer.