User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,183
New Dirt Riding Areas all over America!

Having long been frustrated by shrinking riding areas for dirt bikes, this caught my eye and gave me hope (It was also good to hear the thieves got caught):

"The investigation began when a man posted a Kawasaki dirt bike for sale on Craigslist and set up a meeting with a potential buyer, according to Officer Eddie Soto. On Tuesday, the two met at Flat Shoals Park in Riverdale so the “interested” buyer, a 16-year-old, could drive the bike, Soto said.

Article: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/alleged...the-act/nfJNL/

Flat Shoals Park? Is this a new riding area in metro Atlanta - I thought?

Did a little research and found that Flat Shoals park is a public Athletic park. Wow, how great is this!? They are turning athletic parks into dirt bike riding areas - what a great idea! :)

So, I did a little more research and found that this is happening all over the country. Another park not too far from me in Atlanta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6sdd5aBiw

So, dirt bikers, we can all quit worrying about our lack of riding areas! We have plenty of places to ride. :)
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 365
Finally a place to enjoy a 40 and some good clean moto fun !!!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Wow! The video is a real eye opener. I have to work around Riverdale Rd and stay overnight sometimes. I'll have to start trailering a bike in so I can play with the locals in the evening. I'm sure the bike will be fine in the hotel parking lot overnight.
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
scooterspirit
rolling nutball

Oddometer: 667
Capital forest, Olympia, WA- the NEw 'rule,' riding your dirt bike on the roads is not allowed. The king's men will tax you, at their discretion. Not a group like this, no, only tax paying, white guys.

scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
Solarbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Sometimes I forget why I live in Idaho. Thanks for reminding me.
Solarbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Interesting Article: http://www.vice.com/read/the-wheelyi...z-lofty-nathan
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
scooterspirit
rolling nutball

Part of me admires these people. Does it make you mad? I get mad about stolen bikes, but at least they have a response to their oppression. When I see a kid doing a wheelie up the street on a bicycle, I think those are solid skills.

I went by the forest today, of course I had all my papers in order, and they had the gate to the parking lot locked. Four or five trailers were by the side of the road, the place was deserted. There isn't anyone there because they chased everyone out We pay these little turds to take away what's ours. It's absurd.

I saw a whole group of the Gubnor's libtards out there one day. They were so disgusted that a few of the commoners wanted to shoot guns. They decided right then and there to shut down the forest for any uses but their own.

So part of me is like, yeah you go dirt bike boy, at least you got some spirit and ain't tucking your tail between your legs and scurrying back home.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
but at least they have a response to their oppression.
Oh Jeez. You're one of those people...
Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
So part of me is like, yeah you go dirt bike boy, at least you got some spirit and ain't tucking your tail between your legs and scurrying back home.
I have some of that feeling also. In doing some studying about these groups, it's keeping a lot kids out of gangs. There may be some good coming out of this kind of thing - at least they are out doing something (that we can all relate to!) To be clear, I'm not fully endorsing it. But, there are some positives.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
blackvans1234
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
...As long as they wave back...
Old 03-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidxr View Post
Finally a place to enjoy a 40 and some good clean moto fun !!!
Any body got a rock?
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #12
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9 View Post
I have some of that feeling also. In doing some studying about these groups, it's keeping a lot kids out of gangs. There may be some good coming out of this kind of thing - at least they are out doing something (that we can all relate to!) To be clear, I'm not fully endorsing it. But, there are some positives.
I'm not endorsing it either, but I can see where you're coming from and agree that there are some positives. As long as their rides aren't stolen, I think the youth SHOULD have places to enjoy themselves without resorting to a life of vandalism, gang-banging, theft, and other truly criminal activities. Harmlessly riding a dirtbike or a quad in a PUBLIC field should not be a crime.

As dirt riders, we get PUBLIC lands closed to us, and the eviro-nazis get smug smiles on their faces. Meanwhile, some of these same enviro-whack people and others are popping out 5 kids or more, and therefore encouraging developers to clear HUGE amounts of land for more housing, more shopping centers, more golf courses, more landfills, more utility facilities, more warehouses, more water-treatment facilities, etc., as the population continues to swell.

Who is the real threat to the general public well-being? Baby factories and developers...or some kids just riding dirtbikes and quads on public land?

Freedom, man. These kids are tasting some.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
scooterspirit
rolling nutball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhog View Post
Oh Jeez. You're one of those people...
Well, at least you said something, good for you. How about if your city passes an ordinance that you can't ride your motorcycle through town? Most people just don't like bikes, it's a public safety issue.

Whenever your constitutional rights are infringed, I call that oppression, that's as far as it goes. I think all this get dirt bikes off the land is a complete scam, privatize the profits, make the public pay the debt.

We paid for the roads, we made them, it's our land. It's pretty hard to teach somebody on these trails, they are pretty gnarly in places. I'd like to roll around a bit on the roads to teach my daughter to ride, is that so wrong?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
I think it is cool as hell, it'd be eleventy times cooler if they burned in a turn track and started doing laps.

If I ever have a bike stolen that is the life I would want it to have, but I'd like to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #15
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 790
What a fantastic representation of the moto lifestyle.

Maybe the creators of this youtube vid can license it to the AMA for promotion of our sport?

Only a matter of time before someone starts the ATL Bike Life thread in the Southeast region forum...