Old 10-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #136
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop20A View Post
i only read the title to this thread
but thought i would add this bit
new law coming 2012 in oregon.the only legal way to pass/overtake any bicyclist on any road whether they are in a bicycle lane or not,is to completely leave your lane and move over into the other lane.if it is an oncoming lane as in a 2 lane highway it must not be done crossing a double yellow
i dunno i think its a lil much
Well, maybe that will be the beginning of them actually designing roads with separation of traffic users as I pointed out in a earlier post. I doubt it, but it might.
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #137
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Yup. Where there's no bike lane or shoulder, I end up in the right tire tracks (or just to the right of em) more often than not.

Now mind you, I live and ride out in the sticks. I may see 3-4 cars on my rides. In fact, I'm going to go get dressed and 'be in the way' for about the next hour or so. I may see a car or two.

Now I'll ask you how I'M making a dangerous situation. All it takes is not trying to pass a cyclist into oncoming traffic, or over the crest of a hill, or around a blind corner... You know, let up on the go pedal (or throttle) long enough to make sure there's nothing coming **that could kill ALL of us** to go round in a safe, prudent manner.

What's so hard about that concept?

M
Screw that. Go fast, take chances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Because farming is a necessary and critical vocation,

cycling is recreation or transportation by choice.

Doesn't have to be...

Seriously though...roads were made for the general public to get from point "A" to point "B". Doesn't matter by who, or what means...

Like a few other have said...there are much more important things in the world to worry about besides getting stuck behind a bicyclist for little while.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #138
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop20A View Post
i only read the title to this thread
but thought i would add this bit
new law coming 2012 in oregon.the only legal way to pass/overtake any bicyclist on any road whether they are in a bicycle lane or not,is to completely leave your lane and move over into the other lane.if it is an oncoming lane as in a 2 lane highway it must not be done crossing a double yellow
i dunno i think its a lil much
holy crap. that's insane.

if people actually do that, in cities, you are going to have reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy long lines of cars everywhere. ever seen a passing zone on a 2 lane road in a city? i haven't.

around here, at least, if you followed that law, you could never pass a cyclist--even though they are only travelling half the speed limit. who the heck thought that was a good idea?
LittleRedToyota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #139
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
holy crap. that's insane.

if people actually do that, in cities, you are going to have reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy long lines of cars everywhere. ever seen a passing zone on a 2 lane road in a city? i haven't.

around here, at least, if you followed that law, you could never pass a cyclist--even though they are only travelling half the speed limit. who the heck thought that was a good idea?
indeed
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #140
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
Well, maybe that will be the beginning of them actually designing roads with separation of traffic users as I pointed out in a earlier post. I doubt it, but it might.
and.....pay for it how?

Oh yeah, fuel taxes and the sales tax that you paid one time on your bike.

Can you say parasitic load?
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #141
xtop20A
Banned

it is an insane law by criminally stupid lawmakers,it will cause more death and injury than designed to save..i just think if the fukin bicycle rider has a bike lane that should be enough,fukem if they fall over when a cage/truck or a motrcycle goes by,they need to pay attention and ride straight when being overtooked
Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #142
bumblebee1
All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
and.....pay for it how?

OOooo, that must smart.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #143
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
and.....pay for it how?

Oh yeah, fuel taxes and the sales tax that you paid one time on your bike.

The brilliance about your responses is that they don't go much further than your own self-righteous nose.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #144
xtop20A
Banned

Quote:
The brilliance about your responses is that they don't go much further than your own self-righteous nose.
well the bicycle riders all they need to do is stay the fuk outta the way,they are secondary users of the commerce on the hiway,the main bit of respect needs to go to the truckers,and when a bunch of dik likin bicycle riders are fukin grabbin' ass riding 3 wide ,well they need an ass kickin or run over whichever is easiest
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #145
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,080
Three feet is too close, if they wobble or swerve as I go by they may hit my handlebars. Five feet is too far, I can't reach them with my baseball bat.

This was only a joke, so spare me the crap about being an insensitive murderer or whatever.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #146
xtop20A
Banned

whenever i see the cocksuckers riding side by side i get as close as i can,speed up and then lay on the horn as i overtake,thats in my pickup truck
its great fun
Old 10-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #147
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:

No, the brilliance of my posts is revealing that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #148
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,575
"....... i get as close as i can,speed up and then lay on the horn as i overtake,thats in my pickup truck
its great fun """

Responses like this are typical of cowards in cages, they yell out of their car truck or whatever, giving themselves some cowardly satisfaction. Knowing there will be no response from the rider, kind of like having balls to call someone an idiot on the net knowing their will be no face to face confrontation. Brave man behind the computer or in the cage. Typical childish behavior. In all my years of cycling I have never been confronted at a light, but I have caught one of these brave yelling souls in the back of a pickup with a few friends, and no one admitted to yelling. Even the kids parents in the front remained quiet. It's comical how quiet these brave souls become.

Plenty of times when hugging the right side of the road and the way is clear I still get ass hats which pass within inches of my handle bars, for no reason or others passing with an oncoming car almost running it off the road. For what reason to save 15 seconds?? Live and let live, treat others like you'd like to be treated, not that hard to do to be considerate. Cyclist, scooters, motorcycles etc all have the right to be on the road.

Bikes can ride two abreast and be within their legal rights. There are all types of bicyclist and drivers good and bad, considerate and not so. Next time you feel the need to blast by a bicyclist, think that it could be a friends husband/wife/ child. You could kill that person, oh well at least you got to Walmart in time.

BTW-hit a bicycle, look up vehicular homicide.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 10-17-2011 at 07:31 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #149
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No, the brilliance of my posts is revealing that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about!
Really? What have you added to this thread other than showing off an unpleasant personality?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #150
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Really? What have you added to this thread other than showing off an unpleasant personality?

If nothing else, you now know where the money comes from to build roads.
.....and it's not from bicycle sales tax.