ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #1531
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hound View Post
I've learned to treat bicycle riders just like Deer. They are totally unpredictable and never signal their intentions.
Deer dont deliberately cause crashes to prove a point.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #1532
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Deer dont deliberately cause crashes to prove a point.
Name ONCE that a cyclist has deliberately caused a crash.

Once.



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #1533
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
You see pedestrians run into all the time. Trying to use their bulk and speed to bully people.

Its sad that they have to bully people just because they have small penis, get off and walk.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #1534
southy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
southy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Never assume a bicyclist will obey a stop sign.
Never assume anybody be it car, truck, bike or motorcycle will stop for a stop sign. Hence so many vehicle collisions at stop signs.

This thread is no better than car drivers who hate motorbikes.
__________________
Current rides - Husqvarna TE610IE and Suzuki RMX250.
southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #1535
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Never assume anybody be it car, truck, bike or motorcycle will stop for a stop sign. Hence so many vehicle collisions at stop signs.

This thread is no better than car drivers who hate motorbikes.
Motorbikes dont bowl over cars, cyclist bowl over peds.

Like this cyclist who plowed down and killed a ped when he had to "lay down" his bike.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1452946.html

Vertical C screwed with this post 07-22-2012 at 02:12 AM
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #1536
the Pheasant
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Old London Town
Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Motorbikes dont bowl over cars, cyclist bowl over peds.

Like this cyclist who plowed down and killed a ped when he had to "lay down" his bike.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1452946.html

It's precisely because such instances are so rare they they get so much attention and coverage. Not to say such behaviour should be condoned, but cyclists, even those who ride recklessly or dangerously, rarely hurt anybody else,

The same cannot be said of reckless or dangerous drivers of motor vehicles.
the Pheasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #1537
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Pheasant View Post
It's precisely because such instances are so rare they they get so much attention and coverage. Not to say such behaviour should be condoned, but cyclists, even those who ride recklessly or dangerously, rarely hurt anybody else,

The same cannot be said of reckless or dangerous drivers of motor vehicles.
What are you talking about, there are plenty of stories reported for cars killing peds? Are you saying these are rare as well because they are reported? What nonsense. The reporting of it doesnt mean that it is rare.

Anyway, just because cars kill peds doesnt make it right. Gummel wanted some instances of cyclists deliberately causing crashes, this guy deliberately runs into a heap of pedestrians and kills one.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #1538
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow
 
LuciferMutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New(er) Mexico
Oddometer: 11,100
Oh a related note, if you are a cyclist, LEARN HOW TO FUCKING LOOK OVER YOUR LEFT SHOULDER WITHOUT SWERVING WILDLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

It's not hard, I do it all the time but it takes a bit of practice! I very nearly mowed down a cyclist last week because he swerved entirely on the travel lane just because he felt the need to twist his neck for some reason.
__________________
You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerin plant!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka

LuciferMutt screwed with this post 07-22-2012 at 04:25 PM Reason: wtf did I type this morning?
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #1539
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Oh a related note, if you are a cyclist, LEARN HOW TO FUCKING LOOK OVER YOUR LEFT SHOULDR WITH SWERVELY WILDLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

It's not hard, I do it all the time but it takes a bit of practice! I very nearly mowed down a cyclist last week because he swerved entirely on the travel lane just because he felt the need to twist his neck for some reason.
I'll agree with that.

IOW hold yer effing line!

The question was 'deliberately caused an accident' not 'ran into peds.' Anyone can ride stupid. BTDT. The consequences of a cyclist 'deliberately causing an accident' meaning intentionally made a car crash are so catastrophic to make that statement asinine. ONLY one person in that equation without a few tons of steel around em...

In fact, I'm not sure exactly how to go about 'making a car crash' when you're on a bicycle. You hit em, and you lose. They hit you and you lose. I can see how to make another cyclist crash. I can see running a ped off the trail. I can see running into a ped. All masses of similar size. Car vs cyclist? Losing proposition for the cyclist all the way round.

Oh, and 3+ hrs on the road yesterday. No idiots.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #1540
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post

The question was 'deliberately caused an accident' not 'ran into peds.'

M
No, I said that cyclists deliberately cause accidents, a crash with a ped is still a collision, its not an accident because they do i deliberately and negligently.

THe context was we were comparing deer and cyclists, I would rather stand in front of a herd if running deer compared to a group of cyclists. The deer are smart enough to go around, one of the cyclists would end up deliberately hitting me so that the can get in an argument because they have a chip on their shoulder from getting pushed off by cars, its not my fault that happens, why do cyclists try to get retribution back on me. I dont own a car.

And you wonder why people hate you
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #1541
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
And you wonder why people hate you
You seem to be the only one who can't seem to post a point without an insult. Why is that? Did a cyclist do something to you that made this into a personal vendetta?
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #1542
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
No, I said that cyclists deliberately cause accidents, a crash with a ped is still a collision, its not an accident because they do i deliberately and negligently.

THe context was we were comparing deer and cyclists, I would rather stand in front of a herd if running deer compared to a group of cyclists. The deer are smart enough to go around, one of the cyclists would end up deliberately hitting me so that the can get in an argument because they have a chip on their shoulder from getting pushed off by cars, its not my fault that happens, why do cyclists try to get retribution back on me. I dont own a car.

And you wonder why people hate you
I don't get it man. Like K7 sez: why the hate?

Its like that Depeche Mode line: I haven't met you, what could I have done?

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1543
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer
 
Vertical C's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,337
I never said I hate you, i havent met you. I said people hate cyclists, and I gave you examples why they might.

I note that instead of acknowledging tha cyclists could be in the wrong that you go on the attack, you wont even acknowledge that cyclists do the wrong thing around peds bullying them and causing injuries.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #1544
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
I never said I hate you, i havent met you. I said people hate cyclists, and I gave you examples why they might.

I note that instead of acknowledging tha cyclists could be in the wrong that you go on the attack, you wont even acknowledge that cyclists do the wrong thing around peds bullying them and causing injuries.
Dood, yer preachin to the choir here. Not once have I said that there aren't asshats on bicycles as well as in cars. I run across em too.

The difference is I know that it don't take but maybe a minute out of your day to go around em* safely.

AFA 'people hating me' its a given. I'm on 'their road' in 'their way.' Not much I can do about it other than try to keep everyone moving along safely. My safety being paramount cause I have the most to lose in any confrontation between 2 cars.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #1545
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C
You see pedestrians run into all the time.
I'd say pedestrians get run over by cages a lot more then bicycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Motorbikes dont bowl over cars, cyclist bowl over peds.

Like this cyclist who plowed down and killed a ped when he had to "lay down" his bike.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1452946.html
Yeah, and cages bowl over motorcycles. What's your point.

Was this cyclist's point he/she was trying to prove?

The topic was cyclists and vehicles interacting. Now you changed your argument to bicyclists hitting pedestrians. Way to skew the topic, but read on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Pheasant View Post
It's precisely because such instances are so rare they they get so much attention and coverage. Not to say such behaviour should be condoned, but cyclists, even those who ride recklessly or dangerously, rarely hurt anybody else,

The same cannot be said of reckless or dangerous drivers of motor vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
What are you talking about, there are plenty of stories reported for cars killing peds?
Now you changed it back to cars hitting pedestrians after someone responds to your previous post about bicycles hitting pedestrians... What are YOU talking about?
It's hard to have a reasonable discussion when you keep changing the topic...
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014