User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #2026
pescarr
Banned

Oddometer: 10
Bicycle

In Florida there is a 3 foot rule, you must give the bicycle rider 3', but is rarely done or that the law is know or enforced.

I am a 35 year serious bicycle rider and a 7 month moto rider, I now know exactly how vunerable we on bicycles are, like shooting ducks in a barrel!

I think on a road or trail, if you are in a tight spot and can't give them a good 3' give them a little friendly toot toot, let them know you are there, they will appreciate it!

Our group here does double pace lines and we block traffic, we all know it is wrong, obnoxious and it is a matter of time before something happens, like it did w Gummels group. Our group bunches up at a single lane red light and makes the cars miss the light, 5000 lbs car vs 20 lbs bike ain't good odds! You can't teach the stupid, seems they must learn by seeing Blood!
pescarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #2027
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescarr View Post
In Florida there is a 3 foot rule, you must give the bicycle rider 3', but is rarely done or that the law is know or enforced.

I am a 35 year serious bicycle rider and a 7 month moto rider, I now know exactly how vunerable we on bicycles are, like shooting ducks in a barrel!

I think on a road or trail, if you are in a tight spot and can't give them a good 3' give them a little friendly toot toot, let them know you are there, they will appreciate it!

Our group here does double pace lines and we block traffic, we all know it is wrong, obnoxious and it is a matter of time before something happens, like it did w Gummels group. Our group bunches up at a single lane red light and makes the cars miss the light, 5000 lbs car vs 20 lbs bike ain't good odds! You can't teach the stupid, seems they must learn by seeing Blood!
Wasn't my group. I was just posting from another forum.

I've had something similar happen. Luckily, there was a break in the pack (100+ riders!) when the guy in the SUV came around half of us into a blind corner at the crest of a hill and 'hey whaddya know?! There's a car there!' If there hadn't been a break in the pack, there woulda been carnage. Sure as shootin he would've driven into the pack instead of hit the car coming at him head on.

M
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #2028
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Spot the differences between EUR and the US:

That line of cars? In the US they would have all been extremely pissed off and honking. The 3rd guy back would have already passed into a blind corner and the truck would be inching up the back of the pack's ass revving his engine trying to spew diesel smoke at em.

EUR? Hey look! Its a pro team out training! Kewl.

M
they are very selfish.

they could still do it on the side

let the traffic past

the road is not their playground, ie training ( aust cycle team taken out in Germany a few years ago doing this)

same as everywhere fools doing foolish things

who cares they are pro, wank wank

had a pushbike hit my elbow today

I was stopped at the lights

he had a bike lane didn't use

blew the red light at about 50kmh

did not stop

couldn't be bothered following

or threatening him

just another fool

these two types of cyclists ruin it for the rest of us

when are these packs going to start wearing colours, lol

whoopee they already are.

cheers

2c
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #2029
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post
they are very selfish.

let the traffic past

the road is not their playground, ie training ( aust cycle team taken out in Germany a few years ago doing this)

same as everywhere fools doing foolish things

who cares they are pro, wank wank

had a pushbike hit my elbow today

I was stopped at the lights

he had a bike lane didn't use

blew the red light at about 50kmh

did not stop

couldn't be bothered following

or threatening him

just another fool

these two types of cyclists ruin it for the rest of us

when are these packs going to start wearing colours, lol

whoopee they already are.

cheers

2c
Dude. You REALLY need to learn to type in complete sentences. This Aussie haiku shit isn't working.

M
Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #2030
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Dude! WTF?!

M
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2031
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,847
Puke Totaly wrong

Quote:
they are very selfish.

let the traffic past

That driver had LOST CONTROL and was oncoming not following ie the vehicle crossed to the WRONG side of the road.... would have hit anything in the way of the out of control car. Nothing the girls could have done.

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...ay/default.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Gillett

"
The newly-qualified driver was fined 1440 and disqualified from driving for eight months." Not much for killing some one and seriously injuring a number of others. RIP Amy.
Warin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #2032
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,102
Quote:
Dude! WTF?!

M
HOLY SHIT. That is some scary crap right there -- and TERRIBLE fucking riding from the moran on the motorcycle -- target fixation to the max, man! Geez, he just straightened up and rode ride into the sumbitch! Hope everyone is OK -- the slow mo shows the cyclist reaching some pretty extreme body angles/contortions -- and there is no doubt to me that his helmet saved his life. But OW.

My wife and I rode some friends' tandem for the first time thsi weekend. Neither of us have ever ridden a tandem -- and we put 25 miles on it this weekend! However -- man...dealing with asshats in cages on a regular bike isn't so bad, since you can swerve and brake whenever/however you want. On a tandem, not so much, especially not for n00b riders on it! So we stayed on the path, but, damn, crossing intersections was bad enough -- people not stopping to wait for you to cross, etc. Just NO patience from anyone anymore.

My advice -- if you see a tandem, give them wide berth and be corteous -- the riders might have no idea what they are doing!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #2033
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,268
Quote:
Dude! WTF?!

M

There is just no excuse for that! That rider really needs to consider NEVER riding again. I hope he at least apologized to the bicyclists!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #2034
fallingoff
Banned

Quote:
Dude. You REALLY need to learn to type in complete sentences. This Aussie haiku shit isn't working.

M
sorry buddy

its the way I think

so I write the same way

not aussie just me being dilexic

born this way bit autistic/brain damage at birth

cheerss
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #2035
fallingoff
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warin View Post

That driver had LOST CONTROL and was oncoming not following ie the vehicle crossed to the WRONG side of the road.... would have hit anything in the way of the out of control car. Nothing the girls could have done.

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...ay/default.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Gillett

"The newly-qualified driver was fined 1440 and disqualified from driving for eight months." Not much for killing some one and seriously injuring a number of others. RIP Amy.
yeh but I bet if it was another truck coming he would have missed

cheers
Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #2036
fallingoff
Banned

Quote:
Dude! WTF?!

M
yep bad riding

but if I was living there

I certainly would not cycle on that road

its the same way I ride a cycle/motorcycle/car/truck/bus/emergency vehicle

I try to do it in a way and place that puts myself and others in the least amount of danger.

no way would I cycle or ride on that road after seeing the videos, I have driven it by the way.

cheers
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #2037
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
We have all seen rnickey's video crashes at that corner, many times they run off the road and into the hill, just a wrong place bad timing accident. The mc rider fixated and panicked. We all have to be careful out there
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #2038
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:
yeh but I bet if it was another truck coming he would have missed
I remeber the photos .. the car left the road after hitting a string of bicycles and people on its way across the road ... IF the bicycles were trucks then maybe the vehicle would have bounced off the first truck back on to its correct side of the road .. but I suspect not .. and maybe the driver would have been dead instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joef
We have all seen rnickey's video crashes at that corner, many times they run off the road and into the hill,
"well known black spot" ... some policing to raise revenue/awareness... if they cannot be had for speed then lower the limit

Or make it a dirt road so they fall off at a lower speed
Warin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #2039
bumbeen
Banned

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Dude! WTF?!

M
Well I am unbanned now as the mods don't see fit to permaban over the complaints of babies. How convenient as well as if I recall before my departure, I was saying something about how it isn't safe for bicycles to travel on highways with motorized vehicles? They are an obstruction to traffic and I wouldn't be surprised if the cyclists received a citation.
bumbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #2040
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbeen View Post
Well I am unbanned now as the mods don't see fit to permaban over the complaints of babies. How convenient as well as if I recall before my departure, I was saying something about how it isn't safe for bicycles to travel on highways with motorized vehicles? They are an obstruction to traffic and I wouldn't be surprised if the cyclists received a citation.
For real, did you watch the video? what planet are you from?
joef is offline   Reply With Quote