Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post
as I have driven a bus in a modern city

I check the mirror constantly

I wonder if this driver was

or he/she only looked once

still a horrible situation for all involved

cheers
oh I forgot I have been to a few mva's between buses and pushies as a firefighter

roundabouts is one of the real danger zones for this

it was not pleasant

one I knew quite well

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #2237
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShark View Post
So anytime you might just perhaps exceed the posted speed limit, it would be fine & acceptable for someone in a car to impose thier version of The Rules on You ?

What happened to you in life that you have become so twisted that you get pleasure out of spoiling somebody elses day out on the road ?

Now this part that you keep repeating like that will make it true:

How, exactly, is riding a 15 pound bicycle DANGEROUS for "everyone around" ? Is it going to explode or go on a killing spree if I don't keep a close eye on it ?

Do you NOT recognize that the disdain you heap on others could EASILY be some car or truck driver saying "Goddam murdercyclist is going too slow (or too fast, or too loud, or having too much fun) and side-swiping you off into the atmosphere ?

Your delusions of importance are a reflection of a seriously frustrated individual. Get help.

You know, the people I know that have real power aren't the least caught up in dicating the lives of those around them, it generally is the weak that use rudeness as a imitation of power.

All your bluster cries out for attention.

" And in the Town it was well know when they got home at night thier fat, psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of thier lives..."
Pink Floyd - regarding the abusive schoolmasters, from The Wall
I didn't come here for a psychoanalysis. A frustrated individual? My bluster cries out for attention? Alright Mr. Freud.

I just wonder what the hell he was exactly thinking, tailgating a car on a bicycle at 40 miles an hour with less than an inch or two of condom thin rubber on the asphalt? Isn't that kind of asking for it?

It seems fine and acceptable to you cyclists to dictate speed limits in traffic when there's not a bike lane and I can't get around you. I just figured he ought to have a taste of his own medicine is all. What goes around comes around. It's like balancing out the universe man.. If I didn't, everything would crumble. I promise.

This is all getting pretty serious for the internets...
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #2238
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,970
@Geolander: you mean starting from here:
Quote:
I'm just going to point out that if you don't live Colorado's front range you don't know cyclist traffic.. .

I got 4 words for you.. Deer Creek Canyon Road

Fuck cyclists.

I got no respect...

to
Quote:
Fuckng yap yap.. that's exactly the kinda shit I hate. I used to use that road to commute. I'm not trying to die on my way home so some faggot can get his fix for the day. Might as well be some...

to your basic attitude. ALL scream 'I've got problems and I'm going to take them out on someone else.'Gotta hint for ya there: the world doesn't revolve around you, your car, or your wants. There's MANY more people out there that aren't doing what you're doing, like the things you like, and don't behave the way you do.

Part of being an adult is learning to deal with that.

So... if I come across you off-roading, I'm allowed to ride your ass? I'm allowed to yell and cuss at you as I drive by? I'm allowed to pass you so closely that you can feel the wind from my mirrors?

All the same shit that you've hinted that you've done (if not said it explicitly I didn't look *that* hard) to cyclists.

How would you like to be treated like that?

M
Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #2239
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,970
Cyclist killed by drunk driver

Be careful out there!

M
Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #2240
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 66,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
I didn't come here for a psychoanalysis. A frustrated individual? My bluster cries out for attention? Alright Mr. Freud.

I just wonder what the hell he was exactly thinking, tailgating a car on a bicycle at 40 miles an hour with less than an inch or two of condom thin rubber on the asphalt? Isn't that kind of asking for it?

It seems fine and acceptable to you cyclists to dictate speed limits in traffic when there's not a bike lane and I can't get around you. I just figured he ought to have a taste of his own medicine is all. What goes around comes around. It's like balancing out the universe man.. If I didn't, everything would crumble. I promise.

You're douchebaggery cries out for something, that's for sure. Lemme guess, you don't think lane splitting should be legal, either.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #2241
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,923
I would rather Geolander come on the forum and vent than have it stay inside until it can't be contained and snaps.

That said, it is very immature to try and "teach that guy a lesson" out on the roadway. Either way (by tailgating or yelling single file) you are only seeing part of the story.

Also, lots of pedal guys out here carry because a) they can and b) they like to shoot. You never know who you are messing with.
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #2242
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:

1. You might not have come seeking emotional help, but it's clear you could use some.

2. Perhaps the cyclist was expecting a RATIONAL driver to be in the car ahead of him and to either get moving or get out of the way if they can't keep up. Here is a hint for you: when you operate a vehicle with an engine, you typically have an advantage and with that superior power you have to obligation not to drive like a big twat.

3. I'd be willing to bet "Teach him a lesson" or "Give him some of his own medicine" are statements that the police hear when investigating road rage incidents.

If you want to teach people how to drive, get a job as a driving instructor or a cop, otherwise how about you leave the hall-monitor bit to the Authora-tays ?

I'd like to know what, exactly you are headed to down the road that is so important that you'd risk another person's life to get to. Are you a surgeon ? Emergency worker ? Envoy ? or as you just in a big fuckin' hurry and damn everyone that's 'in the way'.

Here is a hint moron: You aren't stuck in traffic. You ARE traffic.
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #2243
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
You're douchebaggery cries out for something, that's for sure. Lemme guess, you don't think lane splitting should be legal, either.
Lane splitting is fine by me.. As I just finally plated a bike I've actually done that to avoid aggressive drivers already. I didn't mind motorcyclists doing it in the first place. I know on I-70 here in Colorado in traffic Harley riders do it because they're air cooled. I can't hate on someone trying to look after their investment; even if it is a Harley rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
I would rather Geolander come on the forum and vent than have it stay inside until it can't be contained and snaps.

That said, it is very immature to try and "teach that guy a lesson" out on the roadway. Either way (by tailgating or yelling single file) you are only seeing part of the story.

Also, lots of pedal guys out here carry because a) they can and b) they like to shoot. You never know who you are messing with.
I don't ever see anyone "carrying" here. No where to hide it on an eight pound bike and spandex. That being said, I'd welcome the notion. Once a gun is pulled I have no problem running someone over and calling the proper authorities afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShark View Post
1. You might not have come seeking emotional help, but it's clear you could use some.

2. Perhaps the cyclist was expecting a RATIONAL driver to be in the car ahead of him and to either get moving or get out of the way if they can't keep up. Here is a hint for you: when you operate a vehicle with an engine, you typically have an advantage and with that superior power you have to obligation not to drive like a big twat.

3. I'd be willing to bet "Teach him a lesson" or "Give him some of his own medicine" are statements that the police hear when investigating road rage incidents.

If you want to teach people how to drive, get a job as a driving instructor or a cop, otherwise how about you leave the hall-monitor bit to the Authora-tays ?

I'd like to know what, exactly you are headed to down the road that is so important that you'd risk another person's life to get to. Are you a surgeon ? Emergency worker ? Envoy ? or as you just in a big fuckin' hurry and damn everyone that's 'in the way'.

Here is a hint moron: You aren't stuck in traffic. You ARE traffic.
Dude, all you are doing is repeating my argument on the opposite side.

Shut the fuck up.

.....and as stated before; stay the fuck in Hawaii... lmk
Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #2244
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm also just going to point out every other hobby, sport, pastime, whatever you want to call it does not involve fucking with people trying to get from A to B in a vehicle.

When I go dirt bike, I do so to get away from traffic and assholes. I go to a destination far from people and town. It's that way because after years and years of putting up with hobbyist's bullshit these places are now far away from where people live.

Maybe once you self important wannabe athletes figure that out you'll have respect for everyone else, too.

Just shut the fuck up. Your argument is moot.

No matter how you slice it; you piss people off, you're in the way, you're a danger to people around you, and it's all for you.

You people couldn't give two shits about the people around you when you're getting all fucked up on your endorphins.

So your argument about how I'm a shitty, impatient, violent, irrational, frustrated person with anger issues doesn't hold a lot of water when you look in the mirror, assholes.

...........lmk.

Geolander screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 03:05 PM
Old 06-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #2245
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,479
Geolander, You really have anger issues. You should get some help. It's not that big an inconvenience to have to wait for 20 seconds to get around someone riding a bicycle Legally on the roads. If you have a problem with bicyclists, then try to have the laws changed, instead of threatening to "Do something about it" Get a life.

rbrsddn screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 03:25 PM Reason: Language adjustment
rbrsddn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #2246
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,157
This is fast heading to Jo momma! Might be a good idea to tone it back a bit!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #2247
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
This is fast heading to Jo momma!
Nawww...a pack of cyclists got in the way and held it up. Now it will take forever to get there.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #2248
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Nawww...a pack of cyclists got in the way and held it up. Now it will take forever to get there.
It's clear - you can pass now.

Too much good info in this thread - don't let one asshole with short-man's-disease get this kicked to JM. If he keeps it up, a short vacation might be in order.
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #2249
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 66,969
Quote:
I'm also just going to point out every other hobby, sport, pastime, whatever you want to call it does not involve fucking with people trying to get from A to B in a vehicle.
You think bicyclists are intentionally "fucking with people" through their meer presence on the road?

Interesting take. I figured I was just out riding my bike taking in the scenery and trying to not get hit by a car. Little did I know I was being aggressive.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #2250
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:

Dude, all you are doing is repeating my argument on the opposite side.

Shut the fuck up.

.....and as stated before; stay the fuck in Hawaii... lmk

That is just TOO FUNNY, - I'm turning YOUR arguement around and I should just shut up and fuck off - you don't even see the irony, do you ?

As for that "stay in Hawaii" bit you keep saying, where the heck do YOU think you get any influence over others movement ? I'll go where I damn-well please - including to my bike-riding brother's place in Summit County !

You sound like some inbred backwoods bigot. Don't you have a cross to go burn somewhere ? Why should I be 'stuck' on this gorgeous tropical island with all these vacationing women and year-round riding ? Am I not worthy enough to be an antsy ball-sack of envy and seething lilke you ? Does it matter that I was born in Pennsylvannia or do you just get to pick & choose who goes where ?

RedShark screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 04:39 PM
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote