Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #3376
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Somewhere back in this thread we started talking about Cages...the number one vehicle that might pose a serious problem. I mean really, are you implying we are talking about taking the lane in front of two wheeled vehicles?
I don't believe anyone else here has been using motorcycles or scooters as an example as they pose little threat because of their width. Besides if you can't zip by a bicycle or two on a motorcycle, in a safe place, you shouldn't be on the road.
Just because its a motorcycle forum doesn't mean we eat breath and excrete motorcycles. Following your guidelines as for what can and can't be posted on a "motorcycle" forum, the theads would be cut by 50%.
Is that the reason for all your angst? A bicycle thread in a motorcycle forum? Kinda like a scooter thread in a "motorcycle" forum, eh?
You might claim that there are car drivers on this forum, but considering his has gone on for 220 pages, it shows that it is just confusing for us motorcyclists who dont know why you are angry with us.

A scooter is a type of motorcycle. It has a motor and two wheels. That is the definition of motorcycle. They belong on this forum, cars dont.

You would reach a far greater audience to teach your issues on a cager forum. They are the problem for you, not us. I personally dont drive, i dont see why you wantto lecture me on car behaviour when I have never owned a car. Maybe they are bad but I didnt cause it.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #3377
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
You might claim ...
Seriously? How old are you? If you can't easily maneuver your scooter around a bicycle you need to start walking.
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #3378
Center-stand
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Yes I do. Your comprehension skills are seriously lacking...

You keep making it sound like we're darting out in front of a speeding vehicle. We're talking moving over into the lane WELL BEFORE the vehicle reaches you...when it still has plenty of time to SEE and REACT to the situation.
COMMON SENSE would dictate NOT to do this at the last minute...like you keep eluding to.

You would think a guy with your comprehension skills, riding knowledge, and common sense would know the difference between elude and allude, but obviously you don't. Get a grip on life, you're not near as smart as you would like us to believe.

I haven't eluded anything, nor have I alluded to anything. I have just stated my opinion on how I interpreted Gummee's bacon saving move he described in post #3234. I think he made it sound like he moved in front of a vehicle that he thought was going to overtake him in a short distance from what he described was a blind situation, and he determined all this by ear, from both directions simultaneously, while pedaling with the wind in his ears. A pretty amazing feat, as he himself told us.

It would seem yours is the only opinion you see value in, right or wrong.

Center-stand screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 01:09 AM Reason: edited to remove apostrophe in yours as noted by Dranrab Luap
Center-stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #3379
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center-stand View Post
You would think a guy with your comprehension skills, riding knowledge, and common sense would know the difference between elude and allude, but obviously you don't. Get a grip on life, you're not near as smart as you would like us to believe.

I haven't eluded anything, nor have I alluded to anything. I have just stated my opinion on how I interpreted Gummee's bacon saving move he described in post #3234. I think he made it sound like he moved in front of a vehicle that he thought was going to overtake him in a short distance from what he described was a blind situation, and he determined all this by ear, from both directions simultaneously, while pedaling with the wind in his ears. A pretty amazing feat, as he himself told us.

It would seem your's is the only opinion you see value in, right or wrong.

Nearly

Yours
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #3380
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,106
Read me

M
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #3381
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:

Its not really an amazing feat. Turn your head a little to the side and the wind noise disappears.

Try it if you doubt me.

Like I said: I listen pretty well constantly and more so coming up onto danger situations. I can hear pretty well for the 1/4 to 1/2mi around me. Its rare that I get surprised by cars. Yes, tires are that loud even with hybrids.

M
Old 09-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #3382
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,936
Quote:

You would think a guy with your comprehension skills, riding knowledge, and common sense would know the difference between elude and allude, but obviously you don't.

Doh! Long day. Excrement occurs.

In this instance, where my life may be put in danger from someone passing in an unsafe spot, yes, yes it is the only one I value.

I mean, would you take advice about a potentially dangerous situation from someone you've never met on the internet?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #3383
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,328
And now it's three feet of separation, in California.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #3384
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
And now it's three feet of separation, in California.
Not that it does any good, but

M
Old 09-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #3385
Center-stand
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
Nearly

Yours

Well, thank you. I think that near or nearly are interchangeable in this instance, semantics maybe, whatever suits the writer, and near suited me.

"Yours", on the other hand, is the one instance in the English language where an apostrophe s is not appropriate to show possession. I didn't know that. At last, I learn something meaningful from this thread.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...ies/yours.html

Old 09-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #3386
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey View Post
Seriously? How old are you? If you can't easily maneuver your scooter around a bicycle you need to start walking.
How do I know that they might not turn when I got to overtake them? I want to minimise the risk for both of us. You guys want people to respect you but when we want to ride considerate all we get is abuse.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #3387
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Was this a motorcyclist who did this? It looks like a hit and run, why are you putting this on a motorcycle forum if you don't know if it was a motorcyclist.

Condolences to the family.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #3388
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Doh! Long day. Excrement occurs.

In this instance, where my life may be put in danger from someone passing in an unsafe spot, yes, yes it is the only one I value.

I mean, would you take advice about a potentially dangerous situation from someone you've never met on the internet?
Were they on a motorcycle or car, if they were on a car how is this relevant on a motorcycle forum?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #3389
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Its not really an amazing feat. Turn your head a little to the side and the wind noise disappears.

Try it if you doubt me.

Like I said: I listen pretty well constantly and more so coming up onto danger situations. I can hear pretty well for the 1/4 to 1/2mi around me. Its rare that I get surprised by cars. Yes, tires are that loud even with hybrids.

M
Why are you talking about cars, this is a motorcycle forum. And scooters are quieter than hybrids.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #3390
Center-stand
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Gummee. This is another story that reminds us that anytime we are on two wheels we can't be careful enough to insure the ride ends back home. Bike, scooter, motorcycle, we are all susceptible to the inattentive driver of a truck or auto.

Someone asked earlier if I didn't slow for deer or other things in the road. I certainly do, for the ones I see. The little buck that totaled my Toyota van, I never saw. We can't assume just because we do everything "right" that others will see us. I ride like I am invisible, those that see me will act accordingly, hopefully I can dodge those that don't.