ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #4846
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
The horror is the quality of the spelling...

"Eminent" not "emanate"
"Impede" not "impeed"
Always the asshat.

Correct spelling, just autocorrect making a bad choice.
__________________
Bikes are like rocket science... except we try to avoid the coming back down part.
Rgconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #4847
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgconner View Post
Always the asshat.

Correct spelling, just autocorrect making a bad choice.
And your inability to recognise that.....

Yeah....that makes me the...
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #4848
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
And your inability to recognise that.....

Yeah....that makes me the...
It does.

Autocorrect corrects when you submit the form, at least it is doing so on the Safari browser, so I don't see the change it made.

Aside from that, spelling nazi's are always asshats. Especially when it is their only "contribution" to the conversation.
__________________
Bikes are like rocket science... except we try to avoid the coming back down part.
Rgconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #4849
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgconner View Post
It does.

Autocorrect corrects when you submit the form, at least it is doing so on the Safari browser, so I don't see the change it made.

Aside from that, spelling nazi's are always asshats. Especially when it is their only "contribution" to the conversation.
You say "spelling nazis" I say "man who knows how to spell"..


hey ho. Education. It's not for everyone....apparently.
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #4850
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
You say "spelling nazis" I say "man who knows how to spell"..


hey ho. Education. It's not for everyone....apparently.
Knowing how to spell does not make you a Spelling Nazi, attempting to act superior to others when you are really just an asshat makes you a Spelling Nazi.
__________________
Bikes are like rocket science... except we try to avoid the coming back down part.
Rgconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #4851
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgconner View Post
Knowing how to spell does not make you a Spelling Nazi, attempting to act superior to others when you are really just an asshat makes you a Spelling Nazi.
Actually, that just makes you an asshat.

Knowing how to spell, and correcting the mistakes of others, makes you a spelling nazi.

Being unable to know the difference between the two.....well, that's you.

Being unable to accept the fact that you fucked up...also you.
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #4852
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
Actually, that just makes you an asshat.

Knowing how to spell, and correcting the mistakes of others, makes you a spelling nazi.

Being unable to know the difference between the two.....well, that's you.
Lol, you really are a piece of work. I bet you can twist your thinking process until it has two sides.

Misspelling a word is not fucking up it is just misspelling a word. Thinking that is important on an internet forum shows how fucked up your head is.
__________________
Bikes are like rocket science... except we try to avoid the coming back down part.
Rgconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #4853
rbrsddn
3banger
 
rbrsddn's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Madison,CT
Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgconner View Post
Lol, you really are a piece of work. I bet you can twist your thinking process until it has two sides.

Misspelling a word is not fucking up it is just misspelling a word. Thinking that is important on an internet forum shows how fucked up your head is.
Apparently, U don't know who Klay is. It's very important in this forum!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #4854
Mike Vaughan
Jagermeister
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso View Post
Completely off topic, but do open container laws apply to bicyclists?

Also, we need pictures.
I'm pretty sure, though I'm not sure if the passenger can get a DUI but I wouldn't doubt it. I stay off roads and stick to bike paths that aren't patrolled by anyone. Drivers scare the shit out of me.

I might be able to dig up a pic. ;)
Mike Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #4855
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer
 
LittleRedToyota's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Vaughan View Post
I'm pretty sure, though I'm not sure if the passenger can get a DUI but I wouldn't doubt it.
they have these new bicycle powered mobile bars around here. they have a keg and taps on them, but apparently they are not allowed to actually use them due to open container laws.



http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsbur...nt?oid=1675152
__________________
2009 KTM 450 xc-w (plated)
2009 DRZ400s
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #4856
Mike Vaughan
Jagermeister
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Oddometer: 215
That will have to be my next purchase!
Mike Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #4857
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer
 
SilkMoneyLove's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 1,930
We have Pedal Pubs here too. Occasionally, they tip over
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #4858
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer
 
LittleRedToyota's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
We have Pedal Pubs here too. Occasionally, they tip over
i formed a mental image of that and laughed out loud...

i suppose that makes me a bad person.

i would hope no one gets hurt, but, i can't stop laughing when i picture it in my head...
__________________
2009 KTM 450 xc-w (plated)
2009 DRZ400s
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #4859
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
i formed a mental image of that and laughed out loud...

i suppose that makes me a bad person.

i would hope no one gets hurt, but, i can't stop laughing when i picture it in my head...
You're not the only one who laughed at that!
__________________
--------------------------- Steve----------------------------------------
'93 GL1500 frankenbike basketcase in progress
'96 DR350SE
SloMo228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #4860
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,932
Giggle

Good cop.



__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014