Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #1291
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
If you end up in Face Plant crippled due to a truck left turning in front of you, I'll be sure to comment on how much an idiot you are for riding a motorcycle on a road clearly meant for and occupied by cages.
I'm trying to help you.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #1292
Rekd
Bitter Clinger

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
The people walking on the MUTs are the people driving the cars to get there. They drive like they walk: clueless.

Keep that in mind when passing em and everything'll be OK.

IOW treat em like someone in this thread suggested: like deer. You just don't know WTF they're about to do. After all, they're on a path. Its 'safe!' Since they don't have to deal with cars, they tend to turn off their brains.

M
zOMG the irony is strong with this one.
Rekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #1293
Road Hound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
If you end up in Face Plant crippled due to a truck left turning in front of you, I'll be sure to comment on how much an idiot you are for riding a motorcycle on a road clearly meant for and occupied by cages.
What if I use your exact words with the exception of motor vehicle for truck and cages, and bicycle for motorcycle.

If you end up in face plant crippled due to a motor vehicle running over you. I'll be sure to comment on how much of an idiot you are for riding a bicycle on a road clearly meant for and occupied by motor vehicles.
Road Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #1294
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
zOMG the irony is strong with this one.
It's all a great joke.

M
Old 06-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #1295
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,822
Quote:
...the irony is strong with this one.
This sentence has more implications and obscure references than it does words. Very well done, and thanks for the laugh.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #1296
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,423
Quote:
Gee, why didn't I think of that? I can get off, walk around, start up again and then 15 m later rinse, repeat. Sounds like great riding. I thank you for you clear analysis.
Why are you so in a rush that you don't like to be held up for a few seconds? Surely the pedestrians safety is more important than not arriving a couple minutes late.

Vertical C screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 05:49 PM
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #1297
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,423
Quote:
The people walking on the MUTs are the people driving the cars to get there. They drive like they walk: clueless.

Keep that in mind when passing em and everything'll be OK.

IOW treat em like someone in this thread suggested: like deer. You just don't know WTF they're about to do. After all, they're on a path. Its 'safe!' Since they don't have to deal with cars, they tend to turn off their brains.

M
No they are not, its the peds acting like bicycles when some bully comes up on a bike acts like cars do on the road and flies past with no room for error or the unexpected. If the ped has to step aside off their line to avoid an obstacle then a crash occurs (just like a bicycle swerving for a pothole gets clipped by a bully in a car).

Its always the overtaking persons responsibility to overtake in a safe manner, why dont bicycles do it for peds when they ask for the same for cars?

Vertical C screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 05:54 PM Reason: Spelling and clarification
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #1298
Rekd
Bitter Clinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Not they are not, its the peds acting like bicycles when some bully comes up on a bike acts like cars do on the road and flies past with no room for error or the unexpected. If the ped has to step aside off their line to avoid an obstacle then a crash occurs (just like a bicycle swerving for a pothole gets clipped by a bully in a car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Its always the overtaking persons responsibility to overtake in a safe manner, why dont bicycles do it for peds when they ask for the same for cars?
Because they're fucking bicyclists, dammit! And you will respect their authority. (Unless he's being a particular douche, then by all means run his dumb ass over.)

Just kidding Gummy. I hope your arrogance doesn't get you killed. You're as dumb as they come but I don't wish death on stupidity. Well, unless and until your repeated stupidity get's someone else hurt.Then all bets are off.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1299
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,106
Quote:

Because they're fucking bicyclists, dammit! And you will respect their authority. (Unless he's being a particular douche, then by all means run his dumb ass over.)

Just kidding Gummee!. I hope your arrogance doesn't get you killed. You're as dumb as they come but I don't wish death on stupidity. Well, unless and until your repeated stupidity get's someone else hurt.Then all bets are off.

If yer gonna insult me, at least spell my name right.

Is it arrogance to protect yourself? Say yer riding your moto down the road and see someone waiting to make a left turn. Do you A. do nothing and hope? B. do the 'drunk cyclist's weave' to get their attention or C. do B as well as start looking for 'outs?'

You're recommending I always do A. I prefer B and/or C.

I was thinkin about y'all on my ride Fri. I basically move over into the middle of the lane before a car even is in my earshot. By the time they get to me, I'm already in the lane. Its not like its a surprise. That's pretty much SOP regardless of whether I think a car's on the way (from either direction) or not.

As soon as I can see over the crest of the hill/apex of the turn, I move back over ASAP. All told, I may be 'in the way' for 100'. Maybe.

Like I've said before, its when I DON'T ride assertively that that the problems happen. To whit: the medicare sled from Friday. I stayed to the right and he went around me over the crest of a hill.

So, since it seems to keep my skin intact, I'm gonna keep on keepin on.

M
Old 06-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #1300
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,936
Quote:
You're as dumb as they come

Your about as ignorant as they come. Whats your point?

I'd prefer to take charge of any situation where I may get run off the road...before it happens, instead of hugging the line and hoping someone doesn't "accidentally" hit me.

You may not. Not everyone will or should think like you. If you'd actually think about what has been said over the last ten+ pages instead of being a head strong know it all you might learn something.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #1301
Rekd
Bitter Clinger

Quote:

Is it arrogance to protect yourself? Say yer riding your moto down the road and see someone waiting to make a left turn. Do you A. do nothing and hope? B. do the 'drunk cyclist's weave' to get their attention or C. do B as well as start looking for 'outs?'
What happened to D. Get in front of car and force them to slow down...?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #1302
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hound View Post
If you end up in face plant crippled due to a motor vehicle running over you. I'll be sure to comment on how much of an idiot you are for riding a bicycle on a road clearly meant for and occupied by motor vehicles.
I'm headed out on the bike - hope you are sleeping in.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #1303
Rekd
Bitter Clinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
I'm headed out on the bike - hope you are sleeping in.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #1304
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
I've been following the teams as an official for the Race Across America since the race started and it's gone pretty well. We have 118 teams and solo riders on the road and 300+ racers. Since Tuesday, we've only had one car/bike incident even though the bikes are on the road 24hr/day. A rider was making a right turn and was being followed patiently by a very gracious driver(vehicle A). The second car back (Vehicle b) couldn't handle waiting and went barreling around the outside of vehicle A then cut back in front of her and tagged the rider on the bicycle. Then he was stupid enough to try and argue with the officer that "cars" have the right of way. What a frickin moron.

In this case we have on racer doing exactly as he is supposed to, stopping for a traffic signal and making his turn when it was safe. On motorist in vehicle A doing exactly what she was supposed to do and a moron in vehicle B being an asshat. Instead of saving a few seconds it cost him almost two hours (with a cop) and a citation. The rider for his trouble suffered a separated shoulder, went to the hospital and is now back on his bike.
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #1305
bloodandmotoroil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
your supposed to KICK them as you pas by to remind them that THE ROAD IS OURS NOT THEIRS!

and it's fun to kick them..

so.. in a nutshell..

kick them.. and kick them often.. for the good of everyone.
bloodandmotoroil is offline   Reply With Quote