Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #1306
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
If you'd actually think about what has been said over the last ten+ pages instead of being a head strong know it all you might learn something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
What happened to D. Get in front of car and force them to slow down...?
Case in point...

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #1307
D R
----

Oddometer: 478
Cyclist faces manslaughter charges after fatal collision in San Francisco

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/17/cyclist-faces-manslaughter-charges-after-fatal-collision-in-san-francisco/?test=latestnews#ixzz1y6OUaqe6

Quote:

....36-year-old bicyclist Chris Bucchere allegedly ran a red traffic light and plowed into 71-year-old Sutchi Hui in a crosswalk.

"I'm hoping this case serves to raise awareness that rules of the road apply to everyone,"
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon
Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #1308
Blueshark
Coastal Castaway

Oddometer: 170
As a cyclist, moto rider (2010 Kawi Versys) and cager, I thank you for your patience.
Blueshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #1309
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by D R View Post
I suppose the cyclist will claim he was on his ipod so somehow its the peds fault?
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #1310
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
I suppose the cyclist will claim he was on his ipod so somehow its the peds fault?
I was once run down by a truck from behind. I was running on the shoulder. The truck driver's defense was I caused the incident by 'failing to dodge'.

He lost.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1311
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
What happened to D. Get in front of car and force them to slow down...?
Part of B. I'm already there so its not like I'm jumping out suddenly.

Think of it like coming up on a tractor in the road. Its not like its a surprise. Unless you're riding/driving with yer head up yer rectum that is.

M
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #1312
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Tangent; Meet some horse riders on dirt roads in New Jersey. Signs say to slow to something like 15 or 25 MPH. I always did this and I would move as far over as was safe to the other side to give room, keep my speed constant, did not swerve, no revving of the engine, etc, etc. As far as I could tell I was being as good as I could be.

Most times everything went fine and would get to wave and be waved back at. However there were a few riders who seemed so freaked out that I was even moving that their anger at me being on "their road", seemed to me, to cause the horse to canter and get spooked. Never did the horse rear, or get too wild. But the anger at me for following all the rules was shocking.

Seems to me if the rider can't trust the horse enough to be confident with it, they sure in hell should not be on public roads where motor-vehicles are allowed, and not be getting mad at me. Seems like the same syndrome I meet when commuting on a bicycle. The worst people were in high end cars as they would crowd you and cut you off and gave that road rage feeling that me on my bike should be in the way of their $80,000+ car. Same feeling I got from those riders. That because they paid big bucks for the horse and stables they owned the road.

/rant off
Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #1313
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Our main MUP mixes bicycles, peds, runners, skaters, new mommies pushing strollers, motorcycles at or under 50cc's and horses.

Sum fun.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #1314
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
I was once run down by a truck from behind. I was running on the shoulder. The truck driver's defense was I caused the incident by 'failing to dodge'.

He lost.

If "failing to dodge" means you should have been driving one so you didn't get run over, he's right.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #1315
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoRider View Post
Tangent; Meet some horse riders on dirt roads in New Jersey. Signs say to slow to something like 15 or 25 MPH. I always did this and I would move as far over as was safe to the other side to give room, keep my speed constant, did not swerve, no revving of the engine, etc, etc. As far as I could tell I was being as good as I could be.

Most times everything went fine and would get to wave and be waved back at. However there were a few riders who seemed so freaked out that I was even moving that their anger at me being on "their road", seemed to me, to cause the horse to canter and get spooked. Never did the horse rear, or get too wild. But the anger at me for following all the rules was shocking.

Seems to me if the rider can't trust the horse enough to be confident with it, they sure in hell should not be on public roads where motor-vehicles are allowed, and not be getting mad at me. Seems like the same syndrome I meet when commuting on a bicycle. The worst people were in high end cars as they would crowd you and cut you off and gave that road rage feeling that me on my bike should be in the way of their $80,000+ car. Same feeling I got from those riders. That because they paid big bucks for the horse and stables they owned the road.

/rant off
I see a lot of anger from cyclists. They claim they have the right to ride two wide, but when two pedestrians walk two wide on a path then they get angry that they are slowed up on their $10K bike.

What is the difference, why get angry when you do the same?
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #1316
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,823
Quote:

/rant off
Yeah horses spook sometimes...even good ones.
Not getting on your case at all but I have lived in horse country all my life. I've been the one passing horses and being passed while on a horse. It was always a given to come to a stop and turn the engine off and let the horse(s) pass...or go by real slow, whether it be on a motorcycle, bicycle or cage. I've only passed horses once on my motorcycle. I stopped and turned the engine off. On the trail on my bicycle I'll stop and lay the bike off the trail. The riders are always very appreciative of that.
A sign with a passing speed past horses is kind of f'ed up.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #1317
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post

He lost.
If running/walking on the road it's always a good idea to face oncoming traffic.

Back to traffic - not good.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #1318
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Tangent; Meet some horse riders on dirt roads in New Jersey. ...

That's exactly why I don't ride anything (well, most anything) with a brain of it's own...
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #1319
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,973
1:20 on the road today. No idiots.

M
Old 06-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #1320
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
1:20 on the road today. No idiots.

M
ALMOST! (just kidding = couldn't resist!)
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote