Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #151
LeeMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGinAZ View Post
I sent a paypal to you on 11/3 and look forward to receiving these. I do have a http://throttlerocker.com/ that I use on my bike for street use and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the compatibility of both products?

I think your throttlerocker would work - it just might be a little snug when installing over the beemer buddies. I tried my Go Cruise with the beemer buddies and while it did work, it was just not as smooth as without them. I will not remove the Go Cruise so I'll have to cut the throttle side beemer buddy down in length so it works properly when I put the beemer buddies on for the summer.
LeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #152
DFWBo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Got mine installed...happy so far!

Received my OBBs quickly, installed them quickly and happy so far. I like the texture much better than grip puppies and they don't slip at all. Also, I have my Kurkyan (sp) throttle rocker installed with the OBBs, no issue whatsoever.

Seller is a stand up guy, I've bought other gear from him in the past, great communications!
DFWBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #153
gunderwood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I'm in for one set. Paypal sent.
gunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #154
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
gunderwood-

Your grips going out tomorrow (Sunday). Thanks for the order!

DFWBo-

Glad you liked the overall properties of the OBB's in comparison to the Grxx Pxxxxx's. BTW, thought you were real good to deal with on the GS-911. Hope everything worked out well with the firmware upgrade we talked about. Good to know that the Throttle Rocker from Kuryakin didn't militate against my OBB's. Also thanks for the nice compliment. . . . . . . . . . . . . .back at you!

LeeMan-

As to the Go Cruise compatibility issue- well, we've already talked about my position on recommendations. I would be interested in your posting some pics of the GC installation experiment you made with the OBB's. How much do you think you'll have to cut them back? Let me know your thoughts.

Best to all-

Rep

adkjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #155
LeeMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
LeeMan-

As to the Go Cruise compatibility issue- well, we've already talked about my position on recommendations. I would be interested in your posting some pics of the GC installation experiment you made with the OBB's. How much do you think you'll have to cut them back? Let me know your thoughts.

Best to all-

Rep[/QUOTE]

Not sure I can help as I will not be installing the OBB's till spring. With temps in the 20's I'm wearing my Olympia winter gloves for my commute - which are extremely warm with thick padding. I tried the OBB's with the Olympia gloves but together they made the grips too large and uncomfortable. Also, while I could still feel the grip heat with the OBB's - I want all the warmth I can get during the winter. The Go Cruise requires about a 1/2 inch so I guess I'll be trimming the throttle side OBB by that amount. I think they will work great for the warmer months when I wear my summer gloves.
LeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #156
Casey851
Bluegrass Wanderer

Oddometer: 50
Question ship date?

I placed my order last Monday (7 Nov 11, paid via PP), and I was wondering when the ship date would be? I'm anxious to install the OBB's on my RT.

C

Thank a teacher that you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
Casey851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #157
rob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Wicked

I received my pair in a timely manner. I installed them this weekend (a 30 second job per side) and went for a ride today. After a couple of hundred miles, I like them. The heat may have taked a couple of seconds longer but still kept my hands warm. While I have medium sized hands, the increased size helped my comfort level.

One of the best $20.00 I've spent on the GS. Highly recommended.
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #158
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Email sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey851 View Post
I placed my order last Monday (7 Nov 11, paid via PP), and I was wondering when the ship date would be? I'm anxious to install the OBB's on my RT.

C

Daryl-

I sent you an email with tracking information. After you read it, if you still have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by PM, email info@originalbeemerbuddies.com,
or by phone.

Best,

Dave Reppert
518-461-3003

Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #159
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I received my pair in a timely manner. I installed them this weekend (a 30 second job per side) and went for a ride today. After a couple of hundred miles, I like them. The heat may have taked a couple of seconds longer but still kept my hands warm. While I have medium sized hands, the increased size helped my comfort level.

One of the best $20.00 I've spent on the GS. Highly recommended.
rob-

I too have experienced the part where the OBB's take a few seconds longer to heat up, but then seem to hang on to the heat for longer. Interesting phenomenon! Glad they went on quick and helped with your long distance comfort. Thanks for the endorsement, and the comment about good value.

Dave R.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #160
Travism
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Paypal order sent.

thanks for providing this product!
Travis
Travism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #161
Casey851
Bluegrass Wanderer

Oddometer: 50
Installed!

I received the OBB's Monday, like we figured. Packaged well with easy to follow instructions. (Thanks for the Dum Dum!).
I removed the Grip Puppies from my RT. Side by side, the OBB's are a little thicker than the Grip Puppies. Installation was easy. The instructions give some good tips on placement of the OBB seam. I repositioned the OBB's a couple of times and the adhesive maintained it's stickiness. I haven't had the opportunity to test ride the OBB's, but they feel better than the Grip Puppies.

Consider me a happy customer!

C

Thank a teacher that you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
Casey851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #162
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Disregard my PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey851 View Post
I received the OBB's Monday, like we figured. Packaged well with easy to follow instructions. (Thanks for the Dum Dum!).
I removed the Grip Puppies from my RT. Side by side, the OBB's are a little thicker than the Grip Puppies. Installation was easy. The instructions give some good tips on placement of the OBB seam. I repositioned the OBB's a couple of times and the adhesive maintained it's stickiness. I haven't had the opportunity to test ride the OBB's, but they feel better than the Grip Puppies.

Consider me a happy customer!

C
Casey851-

Please disregard my PM, and give me a call at 518-461-3003 when you have a minute. I am very pleased that you got the OBB's in the mail Monday. I also appreciate that you were kind enough to post your updated information here on this thread. Your observations are both valued and appreciated. I put a lot of time into writing directions that would be both helpful and easy to follow, so it is very gratifying when someone like yourself finds them to be an asset. I further selected the industrial grade velcro hook that would have highly sticky properties just so people would have the option of being able to re-position the OBB's, if need be. I'm glad you like my product, and thanks again for your business! I will look forward with anticipation to your ride report after using them a couple hundred miles or so.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #163
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Update

I have had my BBs for a couple of weeks now but this past weekend finally had a chance to try them out in cooler weather and longer distance.

As reported by many the installation is a snap and they do not interfere with the Kaoko throttle lock on my 1200 GS. The heated grips worked just fine (air temps were in high 30s) albeit it took a few minutes for the heat to come through but once it did, the grips were the usual temperature. I can't say I noticed any loss of heat.

All in all, very nice product and the textured surface makes gripping the throttle much easier.

Thanks for a very useful farkle, Dave.

BeachMoto
1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #164
flemsmith
lurk

Oddometer: 446
I'd like to order a set....

Dunno if your group buy offer is over or not, so if you'll just let me know how much you want, I'll paypal it...

to..... info@originalbeemerbuddies

Thanks!

roy
flemsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #165
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ordering/payment info.

Best to go to Post #29 of this thread. Info@originalbeemerbuddies.com is not for paypal, just regular communications.

Thanks,

Dave R.