Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #166
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
It's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMoto View Post
I have had my BBs for a couple of weeks now but this past weekend finally had a chance to try them out in cooler weather and longer distance.

As reported by many the installation is a snap and they do not interfere with the Kaoko throttle lock on my 1200 GS. The heated grips worked just fine (air temps were in high 30s) albeit it took a few minutes for the heat to come through but once it did, the grips were the usual temperature. I can't say I noticed any loss of heat.

All in all, very nice product and the textured surface makes gripping the throttle much easier.

Thanks for a very useful farkle, Dave.

BeachMoto
Beachmoto-

You are entirely welcome. Glad you find the heated grips to not be diminished by my OBB's, and I agree that the texture is a definite positive, both for grip and safety, and overall cool looks. Also, glad to know your experience with the compatibility of the Kaoko throttle lock with my OBB's.

Flemsmith-

Got your order and payment, and grips will go out right away.

and, Casey851-

Good to talk to you this morning. It's all good!

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #167
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,536
I love American Made farkles. Order in! Thank you

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #168
BISHOP
Roadracer goes Dual

Oddometer: 287
I got in on the first round of orders. Prompt shipping, easy install and perform as advertised.

Thanks
BISHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #169
peterb
Long Distance Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
BeemerBuddies

A note to advise all of Dave's honest word and good service. After a challenge with shipping and several phone calls and emails, Dave made very sure that all was properly taken care of.

This is what we all like about the AdvRider vendor system - we can communicate and be heard - and in the end the vendor makes things right the way we all expect.

Thanks Dave - now if I wasn't moving office I might get to try those new Buddies out... I will get there, tho.

2000 BMW 1150 GS with >165k miles and more to come...

2007 BMW R1200RT - new 4/08 with >145K smiles ...
peterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #170
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

"Handmade in the USA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
I love American Made farkles. Order in! Thank you

Thank you. This is something I am very proud of!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #171
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Thank you. This is something I am very proud of!

alyways try to help out "the little guy" in business........can't wait to try 'em out, standing by the mail box now

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #172
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
alyways try to help out "the little guy" in business........can't wait to try 'em out, standing by the mail box now
Motoboss-

Not only are they handmade in upstate New York, but I started this business completely from scratch with "sweat equity". My own personal "sweat equity". BTW, your grips went out Saturday. I was at Max BMW's customer appreciation day repping my grips, while my wife was shipping Original Beemer Buddies neoprene grips out to a bunch of you guys who had ordered them over the few days before Saturday.

Thanks for your business, and I will be most interested to get your feedback as to what you think of the OBB's, once you get a chance to really "take them for a spin". Would appreciate your leaving (hopefully positive feedback. . . . . .but only if you are truly happy with them) for me here on this thread. Naturally, this goes for any of the more than 65 of you out there on ADVrider who have participated in this group buy. And, to the many who have already weighed in on these grips, I would like to say a heartfelt THANKS!!!!!!!It is this robust response here, that led to my extending the group buy indefinitely, until all seem to be happy and satisfied that I have kept it open long enough.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #173
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

adkjack I to had worked for myself for over 25 years and know you have to supply quality products and services in order to make a go of it. There is never a "day off" as the only goal is to make customers happy and it comes at the cost of long hours and hard work. I have no doubt your product is "as stated" and look forward to using them for years to come. Thank you for the quick shipping and I will post a review once installed and road tested. I only hope the snow holds off here in the Midwest

Thanks again.................

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #174
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Motoboss-

Thanks for the vote of confidence. And you're right. Between living next to my wife's veterinary practice and housing my small production facility in the back corner of my property, I don't get a lot of time off. It's nothing to be up in the middle of the night or early in the morning, either making product, returning emails, or doing the administration of both of these small businesses. There is no free lunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My daughter went off to college this Fall and left a void, and the good lord stepped in and decided that I was going into the manufacturing and distribution of motorcycle products. Who Knew? No one could have been more surprised than I was. This was definitely not planned. I am considering going to the Indy motorsports dealer show in February in Indianapolis, but will have to ramp up production to supply the anticipated demand for orders if I do. On the other hand, this is a good problem to have. Keeps life interesting. The thing I will never do is to manufacture offshore, or compromise on always having superior quality control and customer service. I will always maintain competitive pricing (and the resulting value to the customer), and will always observe the three commandments of business:

1. Take Care of the Customer
2. Take Care of the Customer
3. Take Care of the Customer

Best,

Dave R.

p.s. Hope the snow holds off for awhile so you can plug in and keep riding for awhile. Good luck!

adkjack screwed with this post 11-21-2011 at 03:03 PM Reason: additional information
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #175
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,758
Just an update. I got the bike out yesterday and took an hour quickie ride and never even thought about my hands. With old grips that never happened. I love these things and am glad I put these on. Great upgrade. Thank you sir!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #176
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,464
PP sent. Thanks.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #177
Roadie
2-Wheels Rule

Oddometer: 157
Order in. Looking forward to more hand comfort soon.

Thanks
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #178
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterb View Post
A note to advise all of Dave's honest word and good service. After a challenge with shipping and several phone calls and emails, Dave made very sure that all was properly taken care of.

This is what we all like about the AdvRider vendor system - we can communicate and be heard - and in the end the vendor makes things right the way we all expect.

Thanks Dave - now if I wasn't moving office I might get to try those new Buddies out... I will get there, tho.
Peterb-

You're very welcome !

In my mind there never was any question that we would get you to a happy place. You can't ever go wrong when you apply the three commandments of customer service.

Peace!

Dave R.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #179
Nesbocaj
Politicians suck

Oddometer: 879
Howdy Dave,

Got the BBs on and wanted to get at least 1000 miles on them to see if I liked them or not.

First off-well packaged, fast shipped, clear directions, super product, and affordable.

They work great, absorb some vibes, don't inhibit the heated grips, help me lessen the dreaded "Death Grip" too, and make the grip just that much fuller to be a lot more comfortable.

SHHS football used to regularly kick HGHS's buttocks, but Chappaqua had the best looking girls!

Nesbocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #180
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesbocaj View Post
Howdy Dave,

Got the BBs on and wanted to get at least 1000 miles on them to see if I liked them or not.

First off-well packaged, fast shipped, clear directions, super product, and affordable.

They work great, absorb some vibes, don't inhibit the heated grips, help me lessen the dreaded "Death Grip" too, and make the grip just that much fuller to be a lot more comfortable.

SHHS football used to regularly kick HGHS's buttocks, but Chappaqua had the best looking girls!
Dear, Dear Nesbocaj,

There is a reason why (during my time @ HGHS), we soundly kicked the butt of you "Uriah Heaps" over by the Hudson river. We didn't have our minds on pretty girls. . . . .we kept our eyes on the football. I personally made enough tackles in the Sleepy Hollow games to assure that you guys would never outscore us. There. . . . . . .now I feel better. All joking aside, I played 3 years of varsity football at Greeley, but was too old to play senior year, so played soccer. Was one of four captains, and we won the NWIL and Section one that year, beating Sleepy Hollow 3 to 1 for the championship title up in Reinbeck New York. Just looked this up in my yearbook to be sure, and found that it was, indeed, SHHS we beat for the Section One title. So many years ago. . . . . . .such great memories. Thanks for re-kindling that memory. And, BTW, I do remember some really good looking women from Sleepy Hollow, as well!

Thanks for the "attaboy" on the customer service end, and glad the OBB's are doing the trick for you. I get an awful lot of satisfaction knowing I'm helping my fellow "inmates" here on ADVrider. Again, many thanks for the kudos on the OBB's, and the high School memories, as well.

Here's something I like to look at and listen to whenever I'm having a tough day and I want to think about good times from high school, and football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI&ob=av3e

[best viewed in full screen mode by clicking on the vid, itself. If this doesn't take you back to good times on the gridiron, nothing will]

Best Regards,

Dave R.

adkjack screwed with this post 11-23-2011 at 07:26 PM