User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #196
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
BeemerChef-

Be sure to give us yours (and most importantly) Spirit's, ride report on the OBB's when you get a minute.

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #197
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,278
OK here it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,finally! I installed the OBB's today and it was a snap. I put on the throttle side first and had it a little too high and had to realign, no problem. Just pulled it back off and moved down a little lower (bottom) on the grip. After putting on the other side I noticed it fit with the seam almost undetectable. I realized I had pulled the OBB to tight and was overlapping the two seams. I repositioned the Velcro attachment, as stated in the well described directions, starting on the left and right edges working to the center and made a near perfect, smooth seam making it undetectable with gloves on.

Now for the ride. Went for a couple hour ride and really liked the extra feel of a little bigger grip in my hand. The small amount of vibration I had was now gone and the heat worked as though it always had.

All in all a great "American Made" product, reasonably priced, easy to install and preforms as promised.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a little extra grip!

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #198
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
BeemerChef-

Be sure to give us yours (and most importantly) Spirit's, ride report on the OBB's when you get a minute.

Best,

Dave R.
I really like it when I open such a package and feel the responsible sender's care. I know, it is just a pair of add on grips but I enjoyed the candy! I only know one other Manufacturer on the same path, they send a little bag of M&M's!!!

(so the candy is gone!)

It amazes me how such addition, I don't want to call it small as that is the wrong word, but it is not a new custom seat and exhaust or... can make such an incredible difference in the riding comfort!

The installation is straight forward. No brain surgery here... and I like the glue because I repositioned the throttle side where only my thumb will rest on the seam, a bit silly actually as with gloves you can barely feel the seam...

I don't have heated grips, never found the need or use for them with the Hippos and G3 Gerbing heated gloves... my own preference.

.. and now they will stay in hibernation till warmer times!

Great Show Dave!!! Keep it up...

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #199
Travism
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Dave, thank you again for the prompt service. I have the GBs installed and so far, so good. I'm still getting used to the thicker grip and have yet to go for a LONG ride, but I'm finding them very comfortable. I'm interested to see how they help with vibration after many highway hours. Once again, thank you!

Travis
Travism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #200
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
OK here it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,finally! I installed the OBB's today and it was a snap. I put on the throttle side first and had it a little too high and had to realign, no problem. Just pulled it back off and moved down a little lower (bottom) on the grip. After putting on the other side I noticed it fit with the seam almost undetectable. I realized I had pulled the OBB to tight and was overlapping the two seams. I repositioned the Velcro attachment, as stated in the well described directions, starting on the left and right edges working to the center and made a near perfect, smooth seam making it undetectable with gloves on.

Now for the ride. Went for a couple hour ride and really liked the extra feel of a little bigger grip in my hand. The small amount of vibration I had was now gone and the heat worked as though it always had.

All in all a great "American Made" product, reasonably priced, easy to install and preforms as promised.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a little extra grip!
Motoboss-

Glad you discovered that the OBB's were easy to re-position. That was one of my requirements as I was developing the product, for the same reason that they put erasers on pencils. You also found out how forgiving my embossed rubber neoprene can be, affording you the opportunity to re-stretch it to make a precise installation, with a barely detectable seam.

Your ride report touches on three main advantages of the OBB's installed:
1. Improved feeling of comfort and control, with you hands "filled" with a little bigger grip.
2. A marked reduction in the amount of vibration felt by the rider through his/her hands.
and,
3. The remarkable realization that, not only is the heat coming through the OBB's to your hands, but it seems to be more concentrated and to linger longer in the grips.

It's really cool to me that all of the things I was able to discover over time and incorporate into my OBB's is continually being re-discovered by the inmates here, who take advantage of the group buy on this site and order grips from me.

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my OBB's, Motoboss. I enjoyed your analysis and observations, and I very much appreciate your positive endorsement, and the mention of an attaboy for good value, and Handmade in the USA.

Thanks again!.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #201
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef View Post
I really like it when I open such a package and feel the responsible sender's care. I know, it is just a pair of add on grips but I enjoyed the candy! I only know one other Manufacturer on the same path, they send a little bag of M&M's!!!

(so the candy is gone!)

It amazes me how such addition, I don't want to call it small as that is the wrong word, but it is not a new custom seat and exhaust or... can make such an incredible difference in the riding comfort!

The installation is straight forward. No brain surgery here... and I like the glue because I repositioned the throttle side where only my thumb will rest on the seam, a bit silly actually as with gloves you can barely feel the seam...

I don't have heated grips, never found the need or use for them with the Hippos and G3 Gerbing heated gloves... my own preference.

.. and now they will stay in hibernation till warmer times!

Great Show Dave!!! Keep it up...

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef & Spirit-

It isn't easy to compose a response to a post with such interesting pictures and thoughtful comments as those you posted above. I am humbled when I realize that an Item of my creating which is financially insignificant in the larger picture of motorcycle acquisition and farkling, ends up to be so incrementally helpful to someone like yourself in terms of comfort, safety, and overall improvement in your (3)-wheeled experience.

Exemplary job on the photos, Ara, and thank you for your insightful and complimentary comments. This adventure in American Manufacturing I have embarked on is made much more pleasant because of clients like yourself. I am warmed by the thought that my efforts have resulted in yours and Spirit's daily life experience being just that little bit better.

Again, great job on the photos, Ara. Best of luck to you and Spirit on your quest!

Best,

Dave R.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #202
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travism View Post
Dave, thank you again for the prompt service. I have the GBs installed and so far, so good. I'm still getting used to the thicker grip and have yet to go for a LONG ride, but I'm finding them very comfortable. I'm interested to see how they help with vibration after many highway hours. Once again, thank you!

Travis
Travism-

You are very welcome. It is I who should be thanking you for the opportunity to assist with your motorcycle ergonomic needs. I think you will find that the thicker grips definitely result in better control of your mount, and therefore helps you to be safer. As to the vibration issue, many (including myself) have felt that the OBB's do a good job of buffering you from excess vibration. Some have even reported that they no longer feel any distracting vibration at all after installing their OBB's. Please let us know what your experience is after you have had a reasonable opportunity to experience them over a longer period and many miles.

Thanks for your input, Travis, and we will look for your future ride report.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #203
gcooperlll
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Grips

What they said!
gcooperlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #204
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcooperlll View Post
What they said!
gcooperIII-

Would appreciate knowing which parts you agree with, and how you like your OBB's.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dave R.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #205
JV
What?

Oddometer: 580
Payment sent! Glad I found this thread.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #206
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
Payment sent! Glad I found this thread.

JV-

Glad you found it too! Your grips are going out in the morning.

gcooperIII-

Still waiting to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #207
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,243
I've been riding with mine with the heated grips on full heat and thick winter gloves. The heat comes thru very well and the the grips feel better with the added Beemer Buddies covers
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #208
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Dave;
I recieved mine some time ago, but was waiting to install my heated grips, before the install of the Beemer Buddies.
I also have one of these cruise control gizmo's on the bike..........

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

So my question is.............can I cut 1/2" off of the Beemer Buddy without any problems?
Will the thread that attaches the glue strip start to unravel??

Thanks for the sucker..................I think

Cheers
Old 12-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #209
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Dave;
I recieved mine some time ago, but was waiting to install my heated grips, before the install of the Beemer Buddies.
I also have one of these cruise control gizmo's on the bike..........

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

So my question is.............can I cut 1/2" off of the Beemer Buddy without any problems?
Will the thread that attaches the glue strip start to unravel??

Thanks for the sucker..................I think

Cheers

Droptarotter-

Thanks for your good question. We do not recommend using our grip product in combination with "cruise control gizmo's" due to liability issues beyond our control. Our product was developed to improve safety, control, and comfort to the motorcycle rider. We are not able to comment on the advisability of using our product in combination with the item you described. That said, if you would like to send back the particular side of the grip you want trimmed (and indicate how much you want trimmed off), we would be happy to take care of the alteration for you at no charge, such that you will not experience any abnormal, increased fraying of our grips.

Please advise how you would like to proceed.

Best regards,

Dave R.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #210
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,852
Got mine today with the included candy for my 2YO daughter! She says thank you

Took longer for the alcohol I used to clean the grime off the grips to dry than it took to install.

Don't judge the seams by the feel of bare hands. I tried really hard to make them go away.
Put on my gloves and felt nothing where the seams are.

Its after 11pm here and I'm not feeling like going out but sitting on the bike, they feel real nice. Much softer than I expected... I was thinking hard rubber and this is more like (well duh) neoprene.

They took my old beat-up and worn out grips and made them like new.

Thanks!
1975 R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote