Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #616
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Special Promotion Coming soon

NOTE:

First, a special thanks to the folks from this forum who came to see us at the IMS Show in New York City in December. We will also be at the West Springfield Motorcycle Show in Massachusetts January 17th through 19th at the Big E, and at the Chicago IMS Show in Chicago in February (tentative).

COMING SOON:

As Promised, we will be running a mid-winter sale wherein we will be giving away FREE SETS OF OUR POPULAR REFLECTIVE HELMET SAFETY KITS with every set of grips ordered, a $10 Value.

Stay tuned for the announcement of the sale start date to be announced next month.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #617
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Motorcycle Consumer News Article

For those interested in reading the latest published information about our grips, here is the link to the MCN article that just appeared in the February edition of Motorcycle Consumer News:

http://www.motorcycleconsumernews-di...?folio=33#pg33

Dave R.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #618
DieselFxr
Rider

Oddometer: 26
Thumb I need another set

Love the product. I just ordered my 3rd set the originals on my bike a looking pretty tattered. If the Sharkskins hold up as well as the originals I will be pleased.
DieselFxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #619
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,649
I love mine, but after a couple years in the AZ heat, the glue no longer sticks and they slide around my grip a little bit. Any tips on getting them to stick better without permanently gluing?
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #620
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFxr View Post
Love the product. I just ordered my 3rd set the originals on my bike a looking pretty tattered. If the Sharkskins hold up as well as the originals I will be pleased.

DieselFxr-

I think you will find that the new Super Sharkskins are a definite "step-up" in durability from the originals. Glad you've gotten good performance out of your original set.

Will look for the order and get them right out to you.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #621
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I love mine, but after a couple years in the AZ heat, the glue no longer sticks and they slide around my grip a little bit. Any tips on getting them to stick better without permanently gluing?
Hikertrash-

For your application, I think we will consider using 3M adhesion promoter. While it will improve the "adhesive handshake" between my hook strip and your OEM rubber grips, it will not keep you from de-installing them sometime in the future if you are so moved. I reserve this recommendation (3M) only for folks like yourself who have a particularly extreme case of environmental stress like the Arizona sun. Probably be a good idea if you gave me a call when you order, so I will know to throw in a packet of the adhesion promoter.

I will look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Dave R.
518-461-3003

Old 05-30-2014, 03:31 AM   #622
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Hikertrash-

For your application, I think we will consider using 3M adhesion promoter. While it will improve the "adhesive handshake" between my hook strip and your OEM rubber grips, it will not keep you from de-installing them sometime in the future if you are so moved. I reserve this recommendation (3M) only for folks like yourself who have a particularly extreme case of environmental stress like the Arizona sun. Probably be a good idea if you gave me a call when you order, so I will know to throw in a packet of the adhesion promoter.

I will look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Dave R.
518-461-3003
Thank you, Dave but mine show now wear whatsoever so I don't need replacements. It's just that they rotate slowly during my riding. I'll see if using 3M glue spray will help prevent the rotation.
IBA #50489
Old 05-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #623
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thank you, Dave but mine show now wear whatsoever so I don't need replacements. It's just that they rotate slowly during my riding. I'll see if using 3M glue spray will help prevent the rotation.
Hikertrash-

I'd like to make a suggestion which I think will help you a lot with your issue. All you will need to do is to take the leading edge of the neoprene (parallel and opposite end of the neoprene that the hook is sewn to), and trim off about 1/4" of neoprene, the length of the neoprene. This will work to reduce the amount of my grip material going around the circumference of your original grips, which will tighten them up so they don't rotate.Do it by trial and error in 1/4" increments, till you are satisfied that they have tightened up enough.

you should be all set if you just follow this simple procedure. Let me know (and other interested parties here) how you make out by posting your comments here.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #624
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Dave, I just placed an order for another pair. I have my first pair pretty chewed up. Thanks for a great product.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #625
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Hikertrash-

I'd like to make a suggestion which I think will help you a lot with your issue. All you will need to do is to take the leading edge of the neoprene (parallel and opposite end of the neoprene that the hook is sewn to), and trim off about 1/4" of neoprene, the length of the neoprene. This will work to reduce the amount of my grip material going around the circumference of your original grips, which will tighten them up so they don't rotate.Do it by trial and error in 1/4" increments, till you are satisfied that they have tightened up enough.

you should be all set if you just follow this simple procedure. Let me know (and other interested parties here) how you make out by posting your comments here.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best,

Dave R.
Thanks. I gave it a try and it helped a bit, but they still turn around. I actually preferred them before I cut them because now there's a noticeable gap between the ends. They really helped when riding 15-18 hours a day for 12 days straight up and back from the Dempster. My fingers were still a bit numb, but I'm sure they'd be much worse than without them. I love the concept, but I think I need to find one that's a one piece slip on.
IBA #50489
Old 07-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #626
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I gave it a try and it helped a bit, but they still turn around. I actually preferred them before I cut them because now there's a noticeable gap between the ends. They really helped when riding 15-18 hours a day for 12 days straight up and back from the Dempster. My fingers were still a bit numb, but I'm sure they'd be much worse than without them. I love the concept, but I think I need to find one that's a one piece slip on.
Hikertrash-

There is absolutely no reason why your grips should rotate on you other than some kind of contamination of the adhesive surface somehow. I think we better start from scratch by:

1. Removing the old OGB's
2. Cleaning the adhesive site with copious quantities of alcohol using rubber gloves. (ok if some glue residue)
3. Apply a new set of grips which I will send you.

Please email me at info@originalgripbuddies.com so we can arrange for all this. Don't worry. We'll get it solved and it will be a distant memory soon.

Looking forward to your email.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #627
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Dave! Email sent.
IBA #50489
Old 07-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #628
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Dave! Email sent.

Kris-

We sent them out today. Call me when you get them, and we will go over the installation together.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:00 AM   #629
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 548
link broken1

IGNOR!! Tried to re-send and it worked fine.

Dave- just tried to order but your shopping cart link was broken (when i submitted, it sent me to yahoo home page).

flei screwed with this post 07-10-2014 at 03:07 AM Reason: Nevermind...
flei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #630
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Got mine, I swear the tracking said Friday and I got them Wednesday. Thanks!
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote