User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
buffalobob666 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Laugh 2011 Biketoberfest in Daytona

Just spent the last 4 days riding the old Harley around the Daytona Beach area enjoying the sights and sounds of Biketoberfest throughout the county. This year the expectation was about 125,000 bikers, but from experiencing many biketoberfests thru the years I believe the real number was probably over 200,000. what a great turnout. My wife and I covered about 350 miles without leaving the county. It is a great feeling to be surrounded by thousands of people who share a love of Motorcycles and riding. The sights; custom bikes, beautiful girls, the riders, the beach, the hundreds of vendors. Bands and concerts provide constant entertainment. There are many scenic rides from alongside the ocean on A1A to the inland rides on open roads thru Ocala Nat. Forest. Hey, it's all flat, but the roads are good and the weather is great. We got to see some really strange people, outfits and bikes. Daytona welcomes all riders, all makes, models, colors, and nationalities. There is something for any type or age of rider. I forgot to mention all the great food from the numerous food vendors as well as all the really good local restaurants. After all that everyday life is easier to deal with.
buffalobob666 is offline   Reply With Quote