User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
SuttoFL OP
Fueled and ready

Oddometer: 67
Wicked First multi-day trip..Tampa-Atlanta-Orlando-Tampa

I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier. This is just a recap of my first trip away from home. I've only been riding for a few months so it isn't anything like what some of you guys are doing but it was a great trip and it really lit the fire to do some more trips soon!

Lots o' pics!

http://nocages.blogspot.com/2011/10/aaaaaannddd.html

SuttoFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Liberia
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Thanks for rekindling good memories

Nice ride report. When you were going up US19 you passed through a spot in the road called Old Town. Had you turned left at the light you would have arrived in Suwannee, Florida in 24 miles. Part of my family lives there and it's a great little fishing village.

So much of your trip was very familiar to me as I've ridden it from Suwannee up to Murfreesboro, TN. Never been to Plains however. Spent some time in Forsythe, GA as we had a hunting camp there for several years.

You made a nice long ride for having only been on a bike for a few months. I think your decision to avoid the interstates was a good one. Too much wind buffeting and the scenery is lacking.

I hope you'll continue to post reports as you have a nice way of hitting the high spots along the way.

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
SuttoFL OP
Fueled and ready

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberia View Post
You made a nice long ride for having only been on a bike for a few months. I think your decision to avoid the interstates was a good one. Too much wind buffeting and the scenery is lacking.

I hope you'll continue to post reports as you have a nice way of hitting the high spots along the way.
Thanks for the positive comments! This is the first thing I've ever really written (aside from school or work stuff) so I'm glad you enjoyed it. That's a beautiful part of the country and I was lucky to have perfect weather the entire time. I'm enjoying some of your ride reports now!
SuttoFL is offline   Reply With Quote