ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

Oddometer: 295
7/6 Greenwater to I90 attempt

Hi guys we have tried for the 2nd time on Friday to get from Greenwater to I90 on big bikes via dirt - FAILED

FS 7036 is still blocked by snow - lots of it, we thought we found a way around it only to run into more snow.

This report suggested it is doable via FS7037 but we couldn't find it anywhere on a map or GPS - anybody would be able to provide some directions please so we have an alternative the next time?

The GPS sent us on 7035 - full report with pictures below but maps show there is a connection missing (washed out bridge) down in the valley - anyone knows for sure if FS7035 is rideable all the way to 5400?

Full GPS map

Report with pictures

We have tried last week of June only to get stopped very early by snow. I needed to do a test run after doing valve adjustment on my BMW R1200 GS so we set with Michal for a 2nd try. On google maps it looked liked there are multiple ways around the snow roadblock – we were wrong.

We made it 0.5 miles further on FS 7036 only to find 5 feet of snow visible for couple miles. We tried the first way around. Only to run into a corps of something big – probably deer that reminded us we need to be careful – one mistake and we would join it in its afterlife…. All of the other ways we looked at were dead ends. So back to FS 7030 and trying via the other valley. The GPS shows we can connect on FS 7035 and while I am skeptical since this is very close to Tacoma watershed we are going to try it.

The road very quickly becomes overgrown and almost a single track. The first issue comes when we get to a washout. We push standing next to the big bikes in a gear and after 30 minutes are over. The next issue are fallen rocks – again 30 or so minutes later we have path..

The next block was above our ability with big bikes – basically washout with 3 places where we would have to get the bikes over and not enough time/energy to do it in the highly probable case of returning the same way. A group of rides with a shovel or on lighter bikes would have no issues. So we go back and negotiate the washouts once more
tomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
idc22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
open yet?

Has anyone been back up here yet? Looking to see if the route from i90 to 410 is passable yet...
idc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
I'm trying this weekend...

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
enumclaw
I just....don't know

Oddometer: 354
A bud tried it Saturday on a DR350. Got stopped by snow about a half mile from the top.
enumclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
Clarkracin722
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
We are trying it from Greenwater to I90 tomorrow afternoon. I will post when I get home whether or not we made it. Tried last night but a few wrong turns where the problem not snow.
Clarkracin722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Clarkracin722
Adventurer

Just got home, the route is all clear from Greenwater to I90.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Nice thanks for the info I'm going to run it this weekend

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
Clarkracin722
Adventurer

You prob won't need your gps, should be easy to follow our tracks as it was a pretty quick ride. The stampede side coming down from the top is the nicest smoothest dirt road I have ever seen. Have fun this weekend