User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 AM   #31
tompee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Great RR!
That cement you slept on looks pretty comfortable... sleep well? Hehe. But at least it's under cover
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #32
gnuse
Ride to Fly

Oddometer: 271
Thanks for sharing so many pictures, personal moments, and the text. I am taking a class in Spanish and your writing lets me learn words that aren't in my text books.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #33
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Oddometer: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompee View Post
Great RR!
That cement you slept on looks pretty comfortable... sleep well? Hehe. But at least it's under cover
with the sleeping bag for mattress and my jacket for pillow I was all set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuse View Post
Thanks for sharing so many pictures, personal moments, and the text. I am taking a class in Spanish and your writing lets me learn words that aren't in my text books.
glad is helpful not only for the ones that not speak english and still visit the page to see the RR.

my translations are not allways literally but they mean pretty much the same by utilizing some spanish slang.

saludos!

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
balloonman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Thumb Thanks Arte

Great RR friends family and a peek into parts of Mexico I will have to enjoy getting lost finding that Efrain area. Good photos and thanks again for sharing. Captain Tom
balloonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #35
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,942
Arte, that late afternoon ride from Alta Lucero to La Esperanza, did they grade the road yet?
The last time I was on it a month or so ago it was pretty bad with a few rockslides and it was washed out in sections.
I am thinking about doing the Veracruz-Vega De Alatorre-Colipa-Naolinco-Alto Lucero-Plan de las Hayas-Veracruz butt buster again this Sunday. That Friday you rode up to Chiconquiaco was sure nice and sunny. It's been nice here lately, but a norte is coming through tomorrow but it should be clear again on Saturday and Sunday.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #36
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Arte, that late afternoon ride from Alta Lucero to La Esperanza, did they grade the road yet?
The last time I was on it a month or so ago it was pretty bad with a few rockslides and it was washed out in sections.
I am thinking about doing the Veracruz-Vega De Alatorre-Colipa-Naolinco-Alto Lucero-Plan de las Hayas-Veracruz butt buster again this Sunday. That Friday you rode up to Chiconquiaco was sure nice and sunny. It's been nice here lately, but a norte is coming through tomorrow but it should be clear again on Saturday and Sunday.
Hi Mike,
there was still couple areas with some rocks and slides but very passable, there was also one part of the road washed, that made Andres suddendly dissapear from our sight view. The road went down so steep and up very abruptly that did feel like roller coaster!!

Aun habia un par de areas con piedras y deslaves pero pasables, tambien habia una parte del camino deslavada que hizo que Andres desapareciara de nuestra vista de repente. El camino bajaba muy inclinado y subia muy abruptamente que nos hizo sentir comos si estuvieramos en la montaña rusa !

it will be fine for the ride this weekend, the front cold #8 coming will not be too cold, some 55F min
(estara bien para rodar este fin de semana, el frente frio #8 no va estar tan frio, solo unos 12 o 14 grados C como minimo)

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #37
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
it will be fine for the ride this weekend, the front cold #8 coming will not be too cold, some 55F min
(estara bien para rodar este fin de semana, el frente frio #8 no va estar tan frio, solo unos 12 o 14 grados C como minimo)[/QUOTE]

Ok Vamonos!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #38
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Poblado EL HUERFANO (The ORPHAN Town)
Chatting with Mr. Colorado, he tell us that there is a social movement against the high electricity bills on the town and they are in strike not paying the bill, and still getting power.
Platicando con Sr. Colorado, nos dice que en el pueblo hay un movimiento social en contra de las altas cuotas de electricidad y se han puesto de acuerdo para no pagar y seguir aun teniendo el suministro de energia.

after that he tell us that there is a panoramic view balcony that is worth to visit so we headed there for a while
despues nos dice don Colorado que hay un mirador panoramico que vale la pena visitar y decidimos parar alli un rato

This is the view we got there to enjoy. It really took us our breath, it was hipnotizing.
Esta es la vista que pudimos disfrutar. Realmente nos dejo sin aliento y estabamos hipnotizados.

more

A tirolesa really really long long
una tirolesa realmente largisima

gopro camera pictures (Efrain)

ready for CARNITAS

HEY! leave him alone, you already have a mule parked down there!
Orale! dejalo en paz, ya tienes tu mula estacionada alla abajo!

yo si me trepo, ingue su, ya me canse de caminar cerro arriba
I will get him, wtf, I'm tired to walk uphill!

Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 10-26-2011 at 09:33 PM
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,129
I'm detecting a theme in this ride report. Live to ride and ride to eat. You're riding through some beautiful countryside and the food looks just as good. More please.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #40
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,107
This is a fantastic ride report! Beauty everywhere.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #41
Wolverine1305
The english is hard

Oddometer: 169
Well done / Bien hecho

As ever, Arte took a good ride and nice shots as usual.
In september from 15 to 17 I went to that zone with some friends (tourages, http://motoviajero.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2509 ) I visited Zongolica, Verecruz State, Orizaba is near from there.

Como siempre, Arte tuviste un buen paseo en la moto y bonitas fotos como de costumbre.
En septiembre del 15 al 17 fui a esa zona con algunos amigos, visite Zongolica, Estado de Veracruz, Orizaba esta cerca.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #42
Wolverine1305
The english is hard

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Veo los chuchos. A veces tenemos que dormir con los chuchos. Por ejemplo cuando se enojen las esposas
You are right

Tienes razon.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #43
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1305 View Post
In september from 15 to 17 I went to that zone with some friends (tourages, http://motoviajero.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2509 ) I visited Zongolica, Verecruz State, Orizaba is near from there.

Como siempre, Arte tuviste un buen paseo en la moto y bonitas fotos como de costumbre.
En septiembre del 15 al 17 fui a esa zona con algunos amigos, visite Zongolica, Estado de Veracruz, Orizaba esta cerca.
Nosotros estabamos mas cerca de Xalapa, como a 1.5 hrs de distancia, estos lugares son fascinantes no te cansas de rodar y cada vez descubres paisajes nuevos.

Saludos Wolverine.

Andres A.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #44
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1305 View Post

se ve que se aventaron buena rodada en la selva, muy buenas fotos!

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #45
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

more dirt and more stunning views
mas polvo y mas vistas espectaculares

this part of the road e was kinda rough and steep, so one the Efrain's panniers goot loose and fell.
esta parte del camino era algo brincona y muy inclinada, y una de las maletas de Efrain se aflojo y se cayo.

see the Orphan on the background
al fondo se ve el Huerfano

this thing is really heavy after few yards
se pone pesada despues de unos metros

OK, listos para seguir
ready to go!

Chiapas Ride 2013