Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #76
Mike92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
You guys have way too much fun! Would love to hook up with you guys sometime when you come back North. You can give me cooking tips! Your road food tops most everything here.
Mike92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #77
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
Ever since I became a motorcyclist I have dream of going up north, to the land of tall trees, glaciers and Mountains, you know Alaska, but every time I read a ride report of somebody having A LOT OF FUN AND NOT BEING KILL in MEXICO makes me wonder why not HERE! I am a local after all, and 10,000 miles for a round trip will NOT get me all the way round Mexico....

Arte, Andres and the rest MUCHAS GRACIAS POR EL REPORTE TAN FREGON (thank you so much for a fu**** ride) I am looking forward to one day ride along the tracks you have have made!!!

Damasovi
Gracias Damasovi, any time you wanna come down here, let us know. We can plan a very good ride.

Arte

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #78
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike92 View Post
You guys have way too much fun! Would love to hook up with you guys sometime when you come back North. You can give me cooking tips! Your road food tops most everything here.

you should try my argentine barbecue steak - slow cook grilled. I was taught by a patagonian chef.... you will be licking your fingers...

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #79
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,370
Another great one Arte!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #80
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist

Oddometer: 499
Haa haaaaaaa. Greenland

I have to go to Greenland

Viva Mexico great PR.

I did enjoy made me want to go to Greenland/Mexico.

My CASA / Your CASA.

McFury / ISLAND/ Iceland, next to Greenland.
Attached Images

Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #81
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Another great one Arte!
Thanks Bob,

Where is your Mazatlan RR?

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #82
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,123
To get to Greenland you first must follow the crooked sign on the crooked road.
If you see this you are either coming or going. Either way you'll be feeling pretty good because someone got motivated and found the keys to the grader and made a few passes over the road and the road to Leona Victoria, too!
Arte and Andres and crew know that this is something to seriously celebrate. Some interesting names for the villages: the parrot, the cowgirl, the oranges, the orphan, the shadow, etc...
Attached Images

MikeMike screwed with this post 11-21-2011 at 06:14 AM
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #83
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Let's see what the intrepid gang of 11 are contemplating for next year. Just a teaser, just follow the yellow line.
It is a lot easier said than done!
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #84
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

All of this and more can be found less than 2 days ride from the border. Like on the other map above, just follow the yellow line for more fun than you can legally have with your clothes on...or off if you are so inclined.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #85
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

If you see this you are not too far from the "Stairway to Heaven".
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #86
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

If you are really lucky you will see one of these along the way. This is not my picture, I had to borrow it because I have never been able to: 1. Stop my bike quick enough 2. Get my gloves off fast enough 3. Find my camera fast enough 4. Remember my Dr. Doolittle routine fast enough 5. And convince the critter to stop and pose for awhile!
If you can give me the two different names for this animal, I will buy you breakfast and lunch. I owe the original photographer a drink.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #87
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist

Oddometer: 499
Super Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
If you are really lucky you will see one of these along the way. This is not my picture, I had to borrow it because I have never been able to: 1. Stop my bike quick enough 2. Get my gloves off fast enough 3. Find my camera fast enough 4. Remember my Dr. Doolittle routine fast enough 5. And convince the critter to stop and pose for awhile!
If you can give me the two different names for this animal, I will buy you breakfast and lunch. I owe the original photographer a drink.
Ive been on the twisted crukked step down waywards trail im shure i will find this Greenland road someday.

Never seen this type of CAT before whats its name and how large is it.

My best McFury.
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #88
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuryMcNugget View Post
Ive been on the twisted crukked step down waywards trail im shure i will find this Greenland road someday.

Never seen this type of CAT before whats its name and how large is it.

My best McFury.
The name of the cat is ONZA REAL or JAGUARUNDI:

today is a endangered specie, my Grandfather Don Pablo Gomez talk me about this cat when i was a child, amazing and

beautiful!!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #89
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
I have Free breakfast and lunch!!! hehehe, but i want the breakfast and the lunch together in MANDINGA or EL CONCHAL, shrimps, oysters and beer, next time Amigo!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #90
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Hecho, Andres! Ganador!
There are still some of those cats around your pueblo. I saw one near Laguna de Farfan. I had followed the Pepsi truck into the town early one morning and then turned and was heading back out towards the La Esperanza/Plan del Flor/Juicheque road. I came around a curve and there was a little one to my right that was going after something, it was right near the fence in the photo below and maybe the hawk in the photo (look real carefully) was going for the same thing. So I threw out the anchor and was trying to get my helmet up, my gloves off, and my cel phone (for use as a camera) out all at once while I am trying my best Jedi mind trick to get the little guy to strike up a nice pose for me, and...ya se fue! So I ended up with a picture of the fence, ching...! However, I looked over into the field behind the fence and just out of the frame of the picture was a large four legged animal that I recognized immediately which gave me the moral of the story...which is...there is more than one buey to skin a cat ja,ja!
Bad jokes and missed pictures aside, did your abuelito ever tell you the story of the time it "rained money" in Chiconquiaco? If not, PM me and I will send you the PDF, it's an interesting piece of history.
Attached Images