Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #226
Eastbay Dirtbag
singletrack seeker

Oddometer: 200
We found Fletch in Puno

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
DAY-184/185
So I walked to their hotel and met Roger and 5 other riders. There was a couple, Roger, a rad adventure rider who has done an RTW from Seattle, and another rider from North Carolina.
Hi Fletch
It was great having dinner and chatting with you in Puno.
Our trip was amazing - the 3 weeks flew by. Our "bus-challenged" rider rejoined us in the truck after surgery and is on the mend.
Take care and keep posting,
Julie
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #227
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Thanks for the updates dude!

I had Nick e-mail me yesterday about tire questions. Turns out choice is limited and Pirreli is popular (made in Brazil). I had the MT21 on my rear since Tikal - Guatemala.

Camera takes nice pictures! I think you'll find Wolfman saddles to have less volume! Might want to start thinking about that now.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #228
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Whats up shibby

Wolfman softies def have less volume but I have dropped alot of gear and crap since we rode together, haha. I also got soft rollies for the front, going to set up the animal tomorrow what ever doesn't fit is going into the donation box.. will post pics.
My Pirrelli have been holding up awesome super pumped on them.
Hows spring going and the knee recovery?
Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
Thanks for the updates dude!

I had Nick e-mail me yesterday about tire questions. Turns out choice is limited and Pirreli is popular (made in Brazil). I had the MT21 on my rear since Tikal - Guatemala.

Camera takes nice pictures! I think you'll find Wolfman saddles to have less volume! Might want to start thinking about that now.
crestedbutte-rtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #229
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
Wolfman softies def have less volume but I have dropped alot of gear and crap since we rode together, haha. I also got soft rollies for the front, going to set up the animal tomorrow what ever doesn't fit is going into the donation box.. will post pics.
My Pirrelli have been holding up awesome super pumped on them.
Hows spring going and the knee recovery?
Fletch
Nice, yea those new Wolfman Rollies are nice for customizing your load!

Spring is going well. Haven't done too much, but got out camping once. Nice to be back in my house too! Knee is coming a long, no more pain but just lack of strength in certain movements.

Still jealous of you guys!
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #230
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
Amazing landscapes !!

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #231
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Mikey gets to Bolivia and we ride Death Road

DAY-190
5/10/2012
Woke up ready to go find oil and a new back tire, after looking around and asking around I realized it was going to be more of a mission then I have encountered in other major cities. Although after a little more research I found a shop outside of town and decided I will take care of the bike after Mikey leaves. I decided this because he is bringing me a bunch of new stuff for the bike so I will have to work on it after he leaves anyways. I met a nice girl from Australia and walked around La Paz with her getting my bearings set for the city. I took a pretty easy afternoon and then had a little too much fun of a night and passed out excited for Mikey to get here.

DAY-191
5/11/2012
I woke up around 6am to go to the bathroom, when I heard someone on the computer down the hall. I peaked around the corner and there he was Mr. Mikey Benedict in Bolivia!!!! I was so pumped to have one of my best friends to travel with for two weeks. I quickly threw some clothes on and off we went, what the hell were we thinking nothing is open, not even breakfast joints till 7am here. We ran around for a bit ate some breakfast and drank some coffee. Mikey is a big Mountain biker so he really wanted to ride ďDeath RoadĒ so we found a good company and signed up for tomorrow morning. We walked around visited the Witch Market, Alpaca Market, and the Coca Museum. I found out that Coca Cola still uses Coca in their product, just the leaves for taste. (Barely any, but still in there) We had some local Bolivian set Menu for Lunch and just walked around. Mikey was in a little shock I think, but you have to remember this is his first time traveling, he went to Belize once but it was to a friendís house with his ex and they never traveled just sat on the beach (doesnít count). We didnít go to crazy had a few beers, played pool, and just relaxed. Passed out early so we were ready for the next day of biking. After a lot of talk and research we decided to change our original plan. We had been planning on doing a 10 day paragliding course in Cochabamba. Due to road blocks and the fact Mike has never had a chance to travel and see another country we decided not to spend his whole time in Bolivia in one place doing a course. So we decided we would take buses around Bolivia our first stoop would be Uyuni for the Salt Flats.

DAY-192
5/12/2012
We head out of the hostel to get picked up at 7:30am, there are 11 of us in two vans and bikes are on top. The bikes are Konaís and we have an hour ride. We have a mixed group from all over the world and all ages; ranging from 13 to 40 years old.
We get to the top of the road and get out, we eat breakfast and they pull the bikes down. One guide doesnít talk at all the other guy is a pretty cocky not so friendly person. The bike we were shown was a lot nicer than the bikes that were laid out in front of us. We were told they were all brand new 2012 bikes, Iíd say more like í08 and well beaten up. We get our gear and they start matching us up with bikes, a few are pretty nice. I get my bike suspension clapped out but oh well I ride around my back brake doesnít work. I ask for a different bike, the guide tells me that the brake does work it is just locking up and sliding, I look at him and tell him this isnít my first time on a bike I know what it feels like to lock up the back and it is not doing that; it does not work. He doesnít believe me, so I hand him the bike and tell him to give it a ride. He does and I watch him try to lock it up right in front of me to prove his point but weird he just keeps rolling by haha. He comes back lays the bike down away from the other bikes and hands me another bike. This oneís back suspension is locked up and doesnít work but oh well I donít care just glad to have a bike that kind of works. We head off and the first portion is all pavement, we start off slow but the guide stays in front slowly going faster. I am dyeing laughing because good oldí Mikey is all over the guide and keeps getting yelled at every time he tries to pass him. Finally we get to go as fast as we dare, Mikey, I, and two others stay in the front chasing each other passing cars and trucks. It is fun to have a different experience once in awhile then sitting on my moto (although I miss it of course). We get to the start of the park which we have to pay a park fee and then load the bikes up for a quick transport.
The road looks awesome but not really that deadly looks like a lot of the roads in Peru that I have just ridden to get here. It gets its name because it used to be one of the main roads to get to La Paz so with buses and trucks trying to pass each other a lot of buses have rolled off thus averaging 23 people a year dyeing. Although since they have started bringing tourist down on bikes 16 have died. It a pretty bumpy dirt road with good drop off to the left, we only had one person in our group wreck and it was within the last 200 meters of the road, haha he was okay bruised and caught a rock to the neck so his whole left side was swollen on his neck. The ride took about three hrs on the bikes with lots of breaks; we finished at a hostel and a dip in the pool. The three hour ride back was on the new road which was smooth and fast.
We got back around 7pm and knew we were going to go out on the city. When we were walking back to the hostel I saw a DR650 near our hostel that I thought I recognized and stopped to talk. It was Patrick from BC who I had talked with on the HUB before I left the US and randomly met in Puerto Escondido. This place is crazy the clubs donít really open and get full until about 2am and people donít go home till the sunrises. We walked to the hostel bar which was packed at 10pm, met two awesome guys riding bicycles. One of the guys is Nicky who has been slowly piecing together the world on his bike on many different trips throughout his life. The other guy is Dr Steve who is on a 5-6 year ride around the world riding 6 Continent top to bottom. Please check him out at www.cyclingthe6.com. He has already been on the road for 2.5 years and had ridden from UK to Cape Town shipped over to Argentina and is making his way to Alaska. It is always nice for me to meet other guys who are traveling that are not doing the back packer thing they just gave a different mentality and is fun to hang out with and talk to. Patrick showed up at the bar and we talked and caught up playing pool, he has been traveling for 7 months as well. He unfortunately had just been in Potosi building a memorial for a fellow rider and friend of his Kevin who I met with Patrick in Mexico, Kevin was hit and killed by a Mining truck near Potosi Bolivia early April. The cops had told his parents he was passing a truck on a blind turn when he was struck by oncoming traffic, but when Patrick was building the memorial a family came out and told him what really had happened. A mining truck was passing another mining truck on a blind corner and Kevin had nowhere to go.

COCA MUSEUM

STILL ROAD BLOCKS AND POLICA BLOCKS WHEN MIKEY ARRIVED

AWESOME VIEWS GETTING TO THE DEATH ROAD

THE BIKES AND CHASE VAN

FLETCH AND MIKE IN BOLIVIA!!!

NICKY AND STEVE WWW.CYCLINGTHE6.COM

MIKEY ALREADY ON THE BAR...HAHAHA

HE WASN'T STOKED TO FIND ME ON HIS BIKE...HAHA
Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #232
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Uyuni salt flats

DAY-193-194
5/13-14/2012
We were both very slow moving to say the least, packing up all of our gear and I locked up my bike in the court yard stored all of my gear in their luggage storage. We had decided we would head to the Salt Flats which is a 12hr bus ride, we decided on the night bus. Our bus was at 7pm we walked around and got dinner and snacks. We got on the bus, I watched a few movies on the lap top and Mike was asleep within minutes. We arrived the next morning 2.5hrs earlier than expected, we got there around 4:30am. We didnít want to pay for a hostel so we found a nice park bench and wrapped up in our sleeping bags for a little shut eye. We were woken by a lady sweeping around our benches I heard Mike ask her for a cup of coffee she was not impressed I just laughed. We walked around getting attacked by tour companies, we decided on one and went and got some food and coffee. Our tour left at 9:30am, our land cruiser took us to pick up 4 others to join our group. There was us, a couple from Portland Oregon although she was from Holland originally and two girls from Germany.
Our first stop was a train graveyard which was awesome with amazing back drop of desert/ mountains crazy. We took some funny pictures, mike kept trying to pick up old train parts I just laughed and took pictures of him. They took us to a few small stops and towns on the way out to the flats. Once we finally hit the flats there was a lot of water at times to get through I was glad that my bike was not riding through these rivers and small lakes of salt water. We stopped for lunch and to have fun with pictures, because of the landscape you can take some hilarious pictures.
We continued on and at one point our guide was lost in the middle of a huge shallow lake of salt water with no reference points. He finally found his way out but as soon as we hit dry land we got out for pics and we all notice we had a flat tire. He went to change the tire and snapped the tire iron trying to loosen the lug nuts. We waited for another vehicle to help us out and were back on the road again. We made it to a small shack where we would stay the night with a nice mountain/ hill in the back so we all decided to hike up it and watch the sunset. We had amazing views of the salt flats from up top with the sun setting we hiked back down for food and sleep. Spent the night playing cards and getting to know each other. Oh yeah the shack was made up of all salt, the beds, chairs, tables, walls everything made from salt brick it was awesome.

HAHA COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN I SAW THIS!!
TRAIN GRAVEYARD

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL MIKEY HAHA

INTRODUCING MY BEST FRIEND MIKEY!!! HAHA

CANNOT BELIEVE HE CAME ALL THE WAY TO BOLIVIA TO HANGOUT!!!

HUGE SALT PILE IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOWN

SALT BRICK WALLS

RAD OLD TRUCK IN A SMALL TOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLATS

THE START OF THE SALT FLATS

WORKER COLLECTING SALT

MIKEY AND ME HANGING OUT ON THE FLATS

OH YEAH WERE NINJAS!!!

IM ON IN!!!

MY DAD WAS RIGHT!!! IF YOU DRINK TO MUCH REDBULL YOU WILL TURN INTO ONE!!!

MIKEY LIFTING UP THE LARGEST REDBULL EVER!!!!

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME FOR PICS!!!

I TOLD U KNOW MORE MOMMA JOKES HAHA

HAHAHA

HAHA GROSS, THATS ONE GNARLY POOOOOP

OH CRAP

WHAT CAN I SAY I LOVE REDBULL!!!

AND MIKEY LOVES CROWN

MILES AND MILES OF SALT FLATS

JUST FOLLOW THE ROAD

SALT LAKE WE HAVE TO DRIVE THROUGH

MAKING OUR WAY

SALT ANYONE?

FLAT ON THE FLATS

GET N HER DONE

THROUGH THE WATER

HIKING UP

ANYONE WANNA HUG IT FOR 5 BUCKS?

WHERE WE CAME FROM

JUST A COOL SHOT

SUNS SETTING

TOP OF THE WORLD!!!

SO AMAZING

WHAT A DAY!!!!

crestedbutte-rtw screwed with this post 05-25-2012 at 04:58 PM
Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #233
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Talking Last two days of salt flats with tons of pics!!!!

195-196
5/15-16/2012
We woke up early around 6:30 and headed out after a quick small breakfast. Today we changed half way through the day of salt flats to desert with a little bit of mountains. We saw a few lagoons and tons of Flamingos, a few rock fields and volcanoes. We had a lot of fun running around the area just enjoying the day, we came to the last lagoon which was crazy because half of it was glowing neon red from the algae in it. We then headed into the national park to our shack which was very very cold. I slept horrible due to elevation 4800 meters and being sick. (Yeah I got sick in La Paz surprise haven’t partied in months) We woke up early to catch the sunset unfortunately had to back track due to one of the girls forgetting her camera battery and we missed the sunset from the dessert but still saw it as we drove in which was awesome. We got to a hot spring and sat in it which was fun, then headed to the last lagoon and the Chile Border. We headed back with a few stops some of the places reminded me of home Hartman rocks others reminded me of rock formations of Moab on a tiny scale.

ITS AMAZING HOW HUGE THE SALT FLATS GO FOR!!

WHAT CAN I SAY I BLEND IN!!! HAHAHA

MIKEY BLENDS IN TOO!!!!

NO MORE SALT FLATS NOW WERE IN DESERT COUNTRY

HOW THE LANDSCAPE CAN CHANGE SO QUICKLY IS INCREDIBLE!!!

MIKEY IS HOOKED TO TRAVELING NOW!!!

JUST PEAKING OUT TO SAY WHAT UP SUCKAS!!!

THE LANDSCAPE IS INCREDIBLE CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH

OUR RIG RIPPIN HER UP

SO RAD

THEY TAKE THE FUN OUT OF EVERY THING!!!

FLAMINGO'S EVERYWHERE

GOTTA LOVE THE LIFE CHOICES WE MAKE!!!

THEY CALL THIS THE TREE ROCK

SUCH A VIBRANT LAGOON

GOOD MORNING CHASING FOR THE SUNRISE

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL

A GEYSER OF OF FUN

JUST STRAIGHT LOVING LIFE, ROCKIN IT OUT IN THE MORNING!!

MIKEY GETTIN A LIL SMOKED OUT IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING

HIPPY SHOWER ANYONE!!!

YUPPERS

CAN'T GET OVER THE LANSCAPE OUT HERE

OUR CREW

LUNCH SPOT

SUPER RANDOM, NOTHING ELSE AROUND OTHER THEN FLAT DESERT

VERY STURDY ROCK, LOTS OF PEOPLE COME TO BOULDER

MIKEY CHECKING IT OUT FROM UP TOP

HEADED HOME

crestedbutte-rtw screwed with this post 05-25-2012 at 07:12 PM
Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #234
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Making our way to sucre!

DAY-197-198
5/16-17/2012
This entry is called sorry Mike welcome to traveling hahaha..

We got back to Uyuni after being in the back of a trooper for 3 days and were ready to get on the road to our next destination around 6:30pm. I got Mike to decide where he wanted to go because he is the one with a time restraint. So it was set we would head for the city of Sucre on an overnight bus. We did not do too much research just met up with two Germans that were also on our last trip and were also headed for Sucre. We booked our ticket and knew we had to switch buses at 1am in Potosi (The claimed highest city in the world, at 4,300 meters). We ran around getting dinner and a few other things. Traveling is all new to Mike so after a week I think he was a little worn down and it didnít help that we hadnít really slept much in the past three nights.

We get on the bus around 8:30pm and head off; it is freezing no heat just one blanket each. I also have an awesome cold so being sick and freezing was pretty funny. We arrive in Potosi at 12:55am after a little confusion we are told the bus will be here at 2am so we get back onto the parked bus no heat and they also have taken all of the Blankets back. So we sit the four of us trying to sleep but also not wanting to miss our other bus. Well 2am came and went they just kept telling us 30 more minutes, and then 3am came and went. By 3:45am a local and I went to find out what the heck was going on. We have now sat for 3hrs in a bus with no heat trying to sleep and not freeze and temps hitting -10f, it was hilarious one that none of us will ever forget. Then we find out that there is a road block and there will not be a bus until 6:30am!!! Okay letís go, we can just grab a bus. Luckily for us the Local guy was pissed and talked to the bus driver into giving us back half of our bus fare. We followed him over a couple of blocks and after a little run around we grab taxis for a little bit more then what we got back from the bus driver. We all pass out in the taxi for 2.5hrs as we get stopped 3 different times bike police check points. We finally arrive at 6am everyone exhausted and drained from a hell of a night and not much sleep the past 3 nights. We find a hostel but they want way too much, then after trying a few others with no luck go back and I am able to talk him down to a reasonable Price. Three of us take hot showers and Mike goes right to bed, after shower I went straight to bed exhausted woke around 11am to start the day.
We hiked all around Sucre checked out a few museums and went out to dinner. I ate Llama jerky was good but weird at the same time. We all were pretty knackered so we all passed out early.

DAY-199-200
5/18-19/2012

I was still sick and feeling really cruddy so at breakfast Mike found a cool Mtn Biking tour that he wanted to do. I told him to go for it and I would take an easy day work on some blog/RR and catch up with him when he got back. At first he was surprised and did not know if it was cool to go without me. I told him it was awesome he wanted to go biking I wasnít feeling great and thatís what's the best about traveling just go do your own thing no guilt and not a big deal if we split up for a bit were not married! Haha
So he left and went shredding and it ended up being one of his highlights of his 2 week trip to Bolivia. He got back from his trip with a little blood on his arm and a huge smile laughing telling me some great stories of meeting locals and wrecking out on single track. We headed out for a few drinks and a nice evening just hanging out.
We woke up and headed for the bus station to get tickets back to La Paz then onward to Copacabana. We got our tickets for a night bus and headed back into town. We came upon the start of a two day rally race in Sucre, There were the funniest crappiest rally cars you have ever seen, but then there was also a few brand new ktmís, Yamahas, and Kawasaki. We hang out walking around taking pictures watching the dirt bikes take off through town a lot of two strokes and I love the smell of two strokes in the morning!!! We drank coffee and watched them rip by. We walked around sightseeing one last time, then caught a night bus to La Paz.

WELCOME TO SUCRE

THE MARKET

PERFECT FOR SOME CHICKEN STOCK I THINK, HAHAHA

PUT THAT ON THE FRONT OF THE BIKE AND NOBODY WILL MESS WITH ME, WELL MAYBE ALL THE ANIMALS BUT NOT THE POLICE !!

GOOD LUCK I HEAR, WAY BETTER THAN RABBIT FEET

HAHAHA, HE LOVES MORNINGS AFTER BEING STRANDED ON A BUS

COMMING AROUND THE CORNER TO THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!!!

HAHA THESE WERE THE "RALLY CARS"

COFFEE AND TWO STROKE IN THE MORNING MAKES ME A HAPPY KID!!!

SECOND LAP
Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #235
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Talking Copacabana, isle del sol, mikey goes home

DAY-201-202
5/20-22/2012
We arrived at the bus station in La Paz at 7am and then caught another 3.5hr bus to Copacabana. Mikey was pumped to see Lake Titicaca as we drove in. We grabbed a cheap place to stay and headed into town for lunch. We ate lunch and walked around for awhile but were still exhausted from the 16hrs of buses so we passed out for a few hrs and then went out for dinner. Woke up early ran around to the pharmacy we are both sick now and bought tickets for the boat ride to Del Sol. We jumped on the boat and headed out to the island which takes one and a half hours. We got to the South part of the island and hiked up to the top of the hill and found a hostel for super cheap like 4 bucks each. Amazing views of the lake and the Andes right from out window. We hiked about 14 miles there and back to the north end of the island. We had a good day just hiking and enjoying the last few days of traveling together taking in the incredible views. We got back to the south right before sunset had a few beers but I must of ate something because I did the mad dash through the small town back to our hostel just in time. We woke up- early like 5:30am to catch the sunrise I couldnít sleep afterwards and walked around got breakfast and coffee met up with mike and headed down to catch the boat. As we were waiting for the boat before we could leave we all helped the locals tug a boat up onto shore using ropes and logs. We landed in Copacabana and jumped onto a bus back to La Paz; we arrived back at the Wild Rover Hostel and checked in. Mike took me out to a nice Argentina Steak house for our last night. We decided we would have one more good night out. We ran into my friend Patrick from BC who is riding a DR 650. Mikey had to catch a taxi at 4am for the airport to catch a 6am flight home, weak sauce.
So we decided to not go to bed instead we went to the hostel bar then to a local college bar. We got back to the hostel at 3:30am he grabbed his gear and jumped in the taxi it was def sad to see Mikey leave but was so so happy that he came and it was very well needed. Although I wonít lie I am so happy and stoked that Mikey was the one going back to the states not me.

DAY-203-204
5/23-24/2012
I felt horrible all day from being sick still so I took it very easy and slept most of the day. I woke up determined to find parts and oil , took a thirty minute taxi just in time to get to the shop as they closed I begged and they let me in but to my dismay not the oil I needed, so I sat in a coffee shop for hours working on my writing and uploading all my photos. I will head out of La Paz on Sunday just have to figure out what I want to do and go next, having hard time figuring it out.

LOVING THE NEW CAMERA, TAKES AMAZING PHOTOS, SUNSET LAKE TITICACA

LAST MINUTES OF THE SUNRISE

WAKING UP TO CATCH A BOAT TO THE ISLAND

OUR HOSTEL VIEW

HIKING TOWARD THE NORTH OF THE ISLAND

ME AND MY DANG OL' BEST BUD

HE WANTED WINE I WANTED BEER, HAHA

SHEEP EVERYWHERE JUST GRTAZING AWAY

COOL SHOT FROM A RUN DOWN SHACK

POOR GUY, DON'T WORRY THE REST ENVY YOU

LAKE TITICACA

MADE IT TO THE NORTH

DAY BY DAY

HAHA THEY ASKED MIKEY TO TAKE A PICTURE THEN DEMANDED MONEY

WELL DESERVED AFTER 14 MILES OF WALKING

SUNSET ON THE ISLAND

5:30AM SUNRISE

ANOTHER MORNING SHOT

AND ONE MORE BEFORE WE HEAD OUT

BAHAHAHA MIKES READY FOR THE 5:30AM SUNRISE

PULLING THE BOATS OUT OF THE WATER

THIS IS HOW HE DROVE THE BAOT BACK ALL THE WAY, I THINK HE HAS DONE THIS ONCE OR TWICE..

Well thanks for following, I am all caught up after lots of hours. Sorry for slacking for two weeks..

Old 05-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #236
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Finally found the shop.......but....

I found the shop that I have been looking for; for a few parts and oil the right weight.... But to my dismay I found it at 4pm Saturday and they were closed so I have to wait till Monday morning and then get on my way Tuesday. Not a big deal at all, just ready to move on from La Paz. Although now looks like I will get to meet back up with Nick and ride with hime through Bolivia which will be awesome!!! (where u at shibby lets all go shredding!! haha) So ready to get back on the bike since I haven't rode for two weeks, since my buddy was in visiting with out a bike.. Let the shredtastic adventures continue!!!! Thanks for following along!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #237
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,552
Hey bud. Nice pics!

I'm also on a RTW. When do you think you will be getting to Europe? I plan on shipping to Europe end of July and starting across Russia May of 2013. I will make an effort to meet up if you are on the same continent.

Ride safe!

Noah
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #238
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Hey bud. Nice pics!

I'm also on a RTW. When do you think you will be getting to Europe? I plan on shipping to Europe end of July and starting across Russia May of 2013. I will make an effort to meet up if you are on the same continent.

Ride safe!

Noah
Same here, would be awesome to meet up with another rider when I make it to Europe. I have learned to stop planning because my plans are always changing haha. But it looks like I will be getting to Italy around Febuary or March of 2013. I will keep my eye on your RR and we will hopefully meet up for a little dirt and beer!!

Enjoy your trip,
Fletch
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #239
Old_Crow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #240
GirlieS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Great pics!

And loving the story but I need some time to start from the beginning.

The scenery at the saltflats is superb!
GirlieS is offline   Reply With Quote