Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #286
D-RAIL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
actually in 2hrs I am going to the MX track and get to ride some crf450's for a few hrs which will be a rad.
Awesome man.....Brraaaahhpppppp
D-RAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #287
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Laugh Mx day sucre bolivia

THIS PICTURE MADE ME LAUGH, IT'S JAEN PAUL LOOKING ON AS I ACCEPT HIS OFFER TO RIDE HIS 2010 CRF 450.. WHICH IN BOLIVIA THE BIKE IS WORTH 10K DOLLARS USED!!!

I THINK HE WAS SECOND GUESSING HIS OFFER AS HE LOOKED ON.. HAHAHAHAHA
crestedbutte-rtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #288
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Wink Catching up

DAY-254
7/16/2012
I had my first Spanish class this morning and it was nice. She speaks very fast and I have to ask her to slow down but she just laughs and says sorry then 10 minutes later back to 1000 mph hahaha. I finished class and headed to the shop, Nicky was still there. He invited me to his house for lunch and to hang out. It is so nice to be taken in and treated as family; we had a nice lunch and then headed back to the shop. Hung out at the shop for awhile just relaxing and working on my Spanish as well as Nicky’s English.

DAY-255-257
7/17-19/2012
Spanish is going well although still slowly but well. Every time I show up at the shop Nicky couldn’t be nicer and always greets me as if I am a close friend or family. Rorro and I were invited to join Nicky at his house for dinner and to watch the video from the MX race as well as the MX series from the US. We made sandwiches and watched the local video then Rorro had to go into town for a meeting about a possible construction project coming up. He dropped me off near the shop and I walked home for the night. We met up at the shop the next night hung out for a bit, then Nicky, his daughter Rorro, and myself headed for dinner which was deep fried steak and rice. We then headed to Nicky’s house to watch the newest MX race from the US which was nice, although I was very tired and fought off falling asleep on his couch haha. I got dropped off at my hotel and just relaxed. More Spanish then hung out with Nicky and his friends for the day. I met my friend Paul and asked him about what I should do since I most likely will be running over my visa and permit for Bolivia. He gave me advice to go to the Iguana and ask for an extension for my bike and he said I will have to pay 3 bucks every day I pass my visa unless I can get an extension from immigration. I took an easy night and headed to bed.

DAY-258
7/20/2012
I walked to the shop and asked Nicky if he could write a letter explaining the problems with my bike and why I will be over staying my permit and Visa. I called Rorro to see if he could run me out to the Iguana as we had discussed the night before. When talking to him I told him I would love to take him to lunch since he was going to run me around town for a few hours. He laughed and said nonsense and took me to his house where we had cheeseburgers and hung out for awhile. On the way to his house he picked up a kid on the corner with a bucket and took him to his house. The kid washed his car for a buck and then left. We then headed to the shop grabbed the letter and headed for the Iguana (Customs). The guy there was actually really nice, he told us first to go to immigration and see if they would extend my visa for a bit before he gave us an extension. We then headed to the Immigration nope they were not as nice and said they couldn’t do it, being an America I can only get a three month tourist visa for each year. They said when I leave the country I will have to pay 3 bucks for every extra day I stay. We headed back to the Customs and talked with him for awhile, he said he couldn’t give an extension now but on August 2nd if I was still here he would give me an extension without a problem so we headed back to the shop. We ended up hanging out with Nicky for awhile and had dinner again which is just so fucking awesome to be taken in by such an awesome group of close friends who are now becoming good friends of mine. We went to a local bar for happy hour and to meet up with Henry and Robert for while. I headed home by 11 or so, didn’t want to feel like crap for a fun day of hanging out at the MX track.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #289
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,649
Just got caught up again Fletch.

Sounds like an interesting time and you staying in a positive mood would no doubt help the situation. Nice the locals are so friendly but I wouldn't have expected anything different. Can't say the same for here.

I just finished riding the CDT last weekend. Sadly the trip became a bit of a rush because of the guy I was with not listening to me about plans, but we still had a good time. I really wanted to meet up with your buddies and ride though. I loved CO and will be going back again. Telluride, Silverton, Ourey, etc are pretty sweet towns. Touristy, yes, but sweet. Open to outdoor adventures, offroading, etc. Not like here. Everything is locked and huge fines if you go on park or forestry land.

Part of me had me wanting to move down there but I'm pretty tied up here with a house. Not sure what the job scene is like in CO, it would probably have to be Denver if I wanted to do anything other then be a lifty. haha.

Keep it up. Look forward to your updates.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #290
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Glad to hear it was still a good trip

[QUOTE=Shibby!;19233114]Just got caught up again Fletch.

I really wanted to meet up with your buddies and ride though. I loved CO and will be going back again. Telluride, Silverton, Ourey, etc are pretty sweet towns.

Well skipping Crested Butte you did miss the best town in Colorado!! haha Glad to hear it was still a good trip, can't wait to see some pics from good Ol' Colorado.. Stay healthy and talk with you soon!!
Fletch
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #291
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Motocross Practice Weekend

DAY-259-260
7/21-22/2012
I met up with Gus at 2pm with all my gear on and jumped on his extra bike which is a XR400 Honda, made in Brazil. We headed to the shop and hung out for awhile while everyone gathere3d and loaded up the bikes. We got out to the track around 3pm and they all took off and I hung out by the bottom of the track taking pictures. Jaen Paul asked me if I wanted to take out his 2010 CRF 450, which in Bolivia it cost 10k used!!!! I said yup and jumped on; I think he was a little nervous letting me take it. Although not as nervous as I was to take his expensive baby out on the rocky track. I took it super easy only hit a few small rollers and skipped the big jumps but was still a lot of fun. When I got back he asked if I liked it and of course I did, he then asked why I didn’t hit the big jumps I laughed and told him I already had one bike in the shop and I didn’t need two of them in the shop hahaha.. He cracked up laughing saying I was a smart kid. I was not about to take the chance of wrecking someone else’s bike for many reasons but mainly because it would of sucked to wreck my new friends bike specially when it is so hard to get parts for it here.. hahaha
Gus borrowed Rorro’s YZ and ended up doing a 20ft wheelie off of a roller and wrecking pretty good, but luckily the bike and he were fine. Nicky’s Bike died after the third lap, Jaen Paul’s fuel pump started too acted up so they called it a day and loaded up the bikes while they waited for their little brother Peter to finish riding. We had a nice little dinner and I headed home for a nap and to mess around on Skype. Ended up talking with my Sister and my Nephew Devun for an hour or so. When I got back to my room saw I had 5 missed calls and two text messages asking where the hell I was. I quickly headed to the bar to meet Nicky, his wife, Gus, Rodrigo, and a few others. We hung out and had drinks until 2am and then tried to find a club to go to but ended up busting out and all headed home.

Woke up feeling good and met up with Gus to catch a ride while grabbing a flat of beer and headed for Nicky’s house for a day of hanging out and BBQing. It was an awesome day there was 13 of us plus kids just hanging out eating awesome Bolivian steaks that were cooked on one of the coolest BBQ’s I have ever seen specially at someone’s house. We just hung out all day and everyone just treated me as if I was a long time friend or family member, so incredible. This past week I have spent a lot of time hanging out at the shopping trying to pitch in and help out as much as I can. It has truly been one of the best experiences of the trip so far this past month of being taken in as a family member and treated so amazing.. They are all becoming truly lifelong friends. I am so stoked that my bike decided to crap out here in Sucre and that I have met so many new awesome friends and family.

14 YEAR OLD SERGIO HEADED FOR BLUE SKIES

I REALLY LIKE THIS PIC OF SERGIO BUSTING OVER THE HILLS

JEAN PAUL HEADED FOR THE SAHDY PART OF THE TRACK

JEAN PAUL LOOKING FOR BLUE SKIES

RORRO COMING OUT OF THE DUSTY BERM

A 11 YEAR OLD ROSSTING AWAY A NICE SATURDAY WITH HIS FAM

ALL DUST FOR OL' RORRO

A LITTLE BIT MORE DUST

PETER CATCHING SOME BOLIVIAN AIR... NICKY'S YOUNGEST BROTHER

MESSING WITH COLOR IN "LIGHTROOM" RIDER PETER

ANOTHER KID ENJOYING A DAY ON THE TRACK WITH FAMILY

CHASING AFTER HIS BROTHER ABOVE

SERGIO GETTING READY FOR NEXT WEEKENDS NATIONAL BOLIVIAN RACE ABOUT 500KM FROM SUCRE

RORRO THROWING DOWN

MESSING WITH COLORS WITH JEAN PAUL

SERGIO COMING IN FOR A LANDING

SOME OF MY NEW MOTO FAMILY!!!

So stoked on my stay in Sucre!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #292
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Eek Tons of catching up sorry everyone been slacking!!

DAY 261-263
7/23-27/2012
I got a call around 12:15pm from Nicky asking me where I was and if I was still coming to dinner!! When they say dinner they mean lunch, I quickly grabbed a cab and made it to the shop by 12:30 and headed for Nicky’s house for lunch with his family. We hung out and had a nice family lunching, then headed back to the shop. “Bolivia Off Road Tours” Which Nicky is apart of, were out for the day with a huge group doing a Quad tour. I headed to Florin where we always meet up just for a few drinks, Henry, Rorro, and friends were meeting up with their tour group for a few happy hour drinks. We had way more than a few and I finally made it home around 5am.
To say the least I had a rough day, mainly very tired all day Tuesday. I spent a lot of time at the shop, I walked into the Express Post Office and the lady looked up from her desk and said “NO!” HAHAHA I walked out head hung…haha I headed to the shop and we all got a laugh out of the lady at the Post Office… I went to Florin bar for some food and internet and fell asleep sitting up hahaha… I quickly paid my bill and headed for bed at 7:30pm and didn’t wake up until 9:30 the next day haha a nice 14hr sleep.
I checked at the post office this time I got a “NO NADA” HAHA… I helped out the shop and Bolivian Off-Road by moving quads and bikes to their practice field for some guest. I then headed for Spanish classes, and wrote my teacher I was on my way. I got their and she was not there, I saw I had a text from her saying have a nice trip…what? I called and she said that she thought I had fixed my bike and just left Sucre; we both had a good laugh and changed classes for the next day.
The rest of the week was awesome, spending my days working on my writing, figuring out Light Room to make my pictures a little better, spending time with my new family/ friends, and just enjoying every minute of my adventure. I hung out at the shop a lot and going to Nicky’s for a few awesome meals with him and his rad family. I am so stoked to be where I am and with the people I am with, but everyday of going to the post office and being told no starts to nag at you, I am defiantly ready to ride again soon!! Haha But don’t get me wrong I am so grateful for this experience it has been incredible and keeps getting better.

Lots of pictures and a month worth of updates coming over the next few days I promise.. haha
Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #293
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Motocross pics bolivia style!!!!

DAY 264-267
7/28-31/2012
Caught a ride out to 7 falls MX track for the first time, it was about 25 minutes away from Sucre and is the original track. There were not a lot of people and it was a lot smoother of a track. At first the weather was perfect blue skies, but as the day went on it got very cloudy. So the pictures in the morning were awesome but in the afternoon I had to figure out different settings which I struggled with a little for taking photo’s (still new to this whole shooting in manual and all).
Rorro offered up his ’03 YZ 250 for me to ride, which I felt much more comfortable on (same bike I had before I left the states) this was the second time ever on a MX track and it was a blast. I was pretty slow and just getting use to the bike and track. My second time on the bike felt a lot better I was hitting all of the jumps and it was a blast so much fun!!! Nicky was riding his brother’s bike all day. Nicky worked with a kid Bryan who is 13 and just stepped up from an 85cc two stroke to a Honda CRF 250 and the kid ripped. He was fast and kept up with all of the other riders. At the end of the day Nicky and him just did a few laps just them and he defiantly was getting more and more comfortable on his new bike. Stephen who is 10 and rides a 65cc Kawi is fast and has tons and tons of style, a very smooth rider, is an awesome kid. It was just a great day riding hard and having a blast. I have been working hard on my photography skills, slow but steady. We headed back to town and unloaded the bikes; we parted ways and headed home.
I kept with my normal routine Coffee, working on my photos in LR, checking post office, hanging out at the shop, lunch with Nicky and his family, checking post office again, dinner, and then a few drinks with friends. I am becoming very close friends with Nicky, Recca, and Rorro; I truly am so stoked that I broke down and am having to wait; I have made friends for life.

DAY-268
8/1/2012
I walked around Sucre looking for a new Hostel with a kitchen and a better bathroom setup for the same or cheaper than I am paying now. I found one place that was recommended to me which was nice, same price but your own bathroom and kitchen. So I am planning on moving on Sunday when they have an opening in that room. I went to the shop around 12pm to meet up with Nicky and go to his house for lunch. It was nice we hung out with his family had lunch and watched some of the Olympics. I headed into town for awhile and worked online sending off a few sponsorship emails. We met back at the shop at 6pm watched the new AMA MX race from Washington and then headed for a motocross association meeting. Unfortunately there were not enough clubs being represented and they changed the meeting to next week. We got back to the shop and left the car and jumped on a scooter, until Sucre I had never ridden on the back of a motorcycle or scooter as an adult haha.. It is such a normal thing here I have done it almost every day, although I still laugh at myself every time. You would never see this or do this in Colorado… haha Gus said he had to take care of a few things but would meet us for dinner at Nicky’s house. We were eating take out Fried Chicken when Gus arrived announcing that I was not moving hostel but instead I was moving into his guest room that he had in his house where he lives with his Mom to take care of her. If you don’t know or have forgotten Gus is my friend who was born and raised in Sucre but moved to Chicago US for 25 years raising his family before moving back to Bolivia recently to take care of his mom. To say the least I was blown away and stoked; now I have a place to sleep and I get to go to Nicky’s house for lunch and dinner every day! I am stoked and lucky to have made such good friends so quickly here in Sucre, I truly will always have a small Sucre Family for the rest of my life and will defiantly come back and visit!!!! I truly don’t know what I would be doing right now or how I would be feeling while being stuck and waiting for parts without my new Sucre family. It has been almost one month since my parts were shipped I am guessing they were lost or stolen so my friend who shipped me the parts Tree has put in a lost claim at the USPS so they will trace the package and determine if it is lost or still on its way. I grabbed a ride back Gus to my hotel to pack up my bags, but when I got back I went to sleep haha. I will go with Rodrigo back to the Customs to hopefully get an extension on my Moto Permit or else I am screwed.

DAY-269
8/2/2012
I woke up around 7:30am and started packing up my mess of a room back into my bags. It took me a little longer than I thought to clean up the room haha and then went and grabbed my bill. I walked into town to get some cash to pay for my month stay. Gus arrived with Nicky’s wife’s car to take me to my new home; I have a nice room, my own Bathroom with hot water and good pressure in the shower, and a big kitchen to play in. I headed to the shop to grab lunch with Nicky and his awesome family. Nicky printed out another official letter explaining why I will need an extension to my bike permit. After two different trips to immigration I have been told both times that they cannot grant me an extension without it costing an arm and a leg but I will just have to pay 3 dollars a day I stay extra so that is the plan as of now. I met up with Rorro around 4pm and headed for the customs, but we got there a little a late and they were closed. So hopefully they will be open tomorrow or else I am screwed because my permit runs out on August 5th Sunday. This weekend is a big celebration because Monday the 6th is Bolivian’s Birthday, so fingers crossed that Friday is not a holiday and they will be open. I met up with Rorro, Hennery, and Robert for dinner. We all headed for the movies and to meet up with Edu and his girlfriend. Edu, his Girlfriend, and I went to Batman while Hennery and Rorro saw Spiderman. It was a little weird to see a movie but was nice change for sure, and the movie was pretty damn good. Gus met me at the house around 12:30am after the movie was over to show me how to get into his house at night.

DAY-270
8/3/2012
I woke up to a nice breakfast of Banana smoothie and some bread. I worked on the internet sending out more emails to a few more Companies. I got picked up by Rorro and his Cousin to go to the Customs. I was getting a little nervous because it was just past 12 and I didn’t know when they closed or if they were even open today. We got to the customs and luckily the same guy was working that was so nice last time. I gave him my title, passport, letter from Nicky, and my original permit. We sat in the hall just talking for awhile, the guy came out and said Senora I started to get up then realized he said Senor-A woops sat down and Rorro just started laughing haha. He called us into his office; I was expecting to have to give him a little cash. Although I had asked for a month without asking for money or me having to ask for more than a month he extended my permit for 7 more weeks. So my bike is legal until September the 19th but I am kind of illegal after Sunday the 5th hahaha. I went to lunch with Nicky at his house and had nice hour with his family eating Picante Chicken and watching the Olympics. I caught a ride back to the center of town with Peter Nicky’s brother. I walked to Florin for Coffee and internet, wrote a lot because I had a lot of catching up to do since I have been kind of slacking on the whole writing thing lately (sorry about that). I met a nice guy Andrew from Texas who lost his job and jumped on a flight to Colombia and has been traveling down from Colombia for the past 6 months and doesn’t know when he will go home. I received an email back without any luck but fingers crossed for the other emails I sent out.

BOLIVIAN RALLY VW!!

RORRO READY TO RIP ON A NICE SATURDAY

RORRO

PETER NICKY'S YOUNGEST BROTHER

STEPHEN 10 YEARS OLD RIPPING A 65CC

EDU HAVING A BLAST

RORRO SHREDDING THE BERMS

TAKING MY FIRST LAP

STEPHEN HAVING A BLAST ON SATURDAY WITH HIS DAD AND FRIENDS

STEPHEN HITTING A STEP-DOWN

FUN FUN FUN ON SATURDAY

PRACTICE RACE

BRYAN AND NICKY RAGING

NICKY SLASHING THROUGH A BERM

MESSING WITH COLORS IN LIGHTROOM, PIC OF NICKY

MEET MY FRIEND STEPHEN, ONE HAPPY KID

NICKY

BRYAN TAKING HIS FIRST SHRED ON HIS NEW 250F HE IS THIRTEEN!!!

NICKY

RORRO

RORRO

RORRO

RORRO

NICKY

NICKY

MESSING WITH COLORS IN "LIGHTROOM" WITH NICKY

BRYAN

NICKY

BRYAN

BOLIVIAN MOTOCROSS A FAMILY AFFAIR

AWESOME!!!!!:freak y
Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #294
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh I love bolivia!!!!!

DAY-275-277
8/4-6/ 2012
Monday the 6th is Bolivians birthday, so I was expecting a massive party. Although instead it was a very nice relaxing time with a lot of small get together's and a huge parade. We went out to the motocross track on Saturday which was a blast I rode an xr400 out to the track and just took pictures all day. We headed back and took showers and got ready for the night, grabbed some dinner with Recca and headed up to Nicky’s house for a small get together. Myself, Recca, Nicky, his wife Patty, Jean Paul, Suzan, Rorro and his friend, and Ramiro and his wife. To say the least it was a blast!! We hung out and drank Scotch on the rocks until 3am just talking and laughing the whole night.
THE 5TH HAPPY 9 MONTHS OF LIVING MY DREAMS, WHAT AN ADVENTURE SO FAR!!!!!
Woke up in the morning took a shower and got a slow move on, headed to Florin for coffee and internet. Recca picked me up around 12:30 to go to Ramiro house for a burger BBQ. It was a blast we just hung out eating good burgers, had a few beers, enjoying the sunshine, and playing some football. What a great day, I headed home around 6pm and was asleep by 7:30pm I think haha was so exhausted from the night before.
Worked on line and my pictures for a bunch of hours on Monday, Nicky and some of his family went to the MX track I just hung out for the day and then headed to his house for pizza and just hang out for a few hours before catching a taxi home around 11pm.

DAY-278
8/7/2012
Walked into the Post Office to find a couple of huge bags full of packages, but they told me to come back later. So I went had coffee and headed back to the post office, all of the packages were gone except one in the back of her office. She looked up and said no, no packages; I pointed at the lone package and said what about that one? No no she said, screw this I have waited too long I walked past her and grabbed the package and read it, YUP!!!! MY PACKAGE ONE MONTH EXACTLY!! She asked for my Passport I didn’t have, BUT I WASN’T LEAVING WITH OUT MY PACKAGE. She was very nice let me just sign and leave with the package, I had to call my friend Jason in Gunnison to make sure he didn’t order new parts since we thought the package was lost. I then grabbed a taxi to the shop and walked in with the package over my head!!! When we opened it there was a short down moment when we realized I had received a piston that was 1mm over sized other than what we had been expecting that was a .050. Although nothing we can do but now it means my cylinder has been bored to its max, so if something goes wrong again I will need a new cylinder, but on a plus side I can do wheelies now hahaha. We jumped into Nicky’s car for lunch with his family, they were sad to here I got my packages and will be leaving soon, which meant a lot to me. It is a bitter sweet I would say I am so relieved that I got my package but very sad to leave my new great friends and family. I am not sure when I will leave.
We got back to the shop and grabbed my cylinder to take it to the machinist to have it Bored out. They bored it for 80 Bolivians, 11 dollars!!! Haha Gotta love Bolivia. We all met at the bar at 9:30pm for happy hour and to celebrate my parts arriving and Rorro graduating university. We hung out for awhile met a nice group of volunteer workers from all over the world.
Good a friend name with held…jumped on his bike and only had two beers and came flying down the road and smashed through a pile of garbage, turn around and came back through the garbage again.. But this time a big bag wrapped around his from tire and he slammed to the ground pretty good, he was okay and the bike, but we sure pissed our pants laughing…

DAY-279
8/8/2012
Ran around taking a care of a few things in the morning then hung out at the shop all day. My cylinder which we were hoping would be done today never got finished so instead I rebuilt my new rack with some help from Nicky and put my new plate on which had snap in half so Nicky had a steel plate welded to it and then lock tighted to the bike, it is not going anywhere now. Rorro and I went to Nuevell Cuisine an awesome cheap steak and chicken restaurant, we both had the chicken and it was huge and awesome!!! Then went out for a few drinks and headed home.

DAY-280
8/9/2012
Got to the shop at 9:15 and we started to work, well mostly Nicky I just watched and tried to learn a little. They had a lot of other projects going on so it was a very busy morning. A lot of our friends were their just hanging out or working on bikes, I love hanging out at the shop reminds me of home. Nicky careful cleaned every single part and then slowly and meticulously started to rebuild the engine. We got half way there and it was lunch time. So we headed to his house for lunch with his family. We got back and I headed to find new oil filter, I have one OEM left but will save that for after the break in period, just because after I ride 500 km around Sucre over the weekend will change the oil, clean air filter, and change oil filter. Nicky told me how much the filter should be and for the gringo it was 2 dollars more hahaha... Nicky just shook his head and then I went back to get a new spark plug and when I got back asked Nicky how much is spark plugs he said no more than 15 Bolivians, why how much did I pay? I laughed and said I got Gringoed Priced again. Haha 20 Bolivians. He got a little frustrated and shook his head “I don’t know why they do that it just isn’t right”. It doesn’t matter where you are from just as long as you ride a motorized vehicle you get charged the same as everyone no matter if you a local MX rider or just a tourist Adventure rider passing through, Nicky is fair to everyone straight across the board. My bike is almost done; Nicky had to take care of a few other problems, like his wife’s car breaking down. We headed to his house after closing up the shop for coffee and snacks, before we headed to Motoclub party for Suzan’s brother who just got back from the Olympics for competing in Skeet shooting event. Although he did not do as well as he expected to he still was in the middle of the pack. They were in a meeting when we arrived we hung out and then Nicky and I was tired so we headed back to his house. We had more coffee and just chatted for an hour or so, before I caught a taxi home. I was exhausted for some reason and passed out very fast.

STEPHAN RIDING HARD

AND THERE HE GOES

SERGIO RIPPING HARD BEFORE HIS THROTTLE BROKE

JEAN PAUL SKYING HIGH

I LIKE THIS PHOTO ALOT OF SERGIO

JEAN PAUL FLYING BY

STARTING THEM YOUNG

RAMIRO STEPHEN'S DAD, TEACHING HIS SON

JEAN PAUL FLYING INTO THE CAMERA

KICKING IT OUT--JEAN PAUL

MATTI JUST TAKING OFF

THREE OF THE YOUNG GUNZ ON 85'S

START EM YOUNG

FULL ON FAMILY AFFAIR OF MX IN BOLIVIA

JEAN PAUL TAKING A DUSTY BERM

HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE MX SHOT I HAVE EVER TAKEN

CAN YOU SEE HIS HELMET ON THIS DUSTY TRACK

STEPHAN POPPING UP TO SAY HI

LOVING HIS SATURDAY MX DAYS

THIS KID HAS SO MUCH STYLE WHEN HE RIDES AND HE IS ONLY 10!

SERGIO TESTING OUT HIS UNCLES BIKE

SOME OF MY FAMILY

MATTI SERGIO'S LITTLE BROTHER HITTING THE BIG TABLE TOP ON HIS CR 85

JEAN PAUL LOVES THIS BERM

JUST A LITTLE DUST ON THIS TRACK

JEAN PAUL

THE YOUNG GUNZ SHREDDING HARD ALL DAY TILL THE SUN GOES HOME AND THEIR DADS MAKE THEM LOAD THE BIKES UP UNTIL NEXT SATURDAY

crestedbutte-rtw screwed with this post 08-12-2012 at 04:15 PM
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #295
D-RAIL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Moto

Awesome Moto-X pics. Never knew Bolivia had such a sweet moto scene.
D-RAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #296
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Thanks bub

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-RAIL View Post
Awesome Moto-X pics. Never knew Bolivia had such a sweet moto scene.
Thanks man!!! Yeah who knew how big and such a family scene MX is here in Bolivia, every big city/town has at least one track!!

Thanks for following D-Rail
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #297
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh The day has arrived!!!

DAY-281
8/10/2012
The big day has arrived!!!! I had a slow morning today, drank some coffee and wrote some more. I headed to the shop and Nicky was stoked he had just started up the bike, we did a few last minute things started it up and I rode around the block to test her out. I then followed Nicky home for lunch and the bike felt really good, although when I got to his house it was making a small ticking noise. He listened and said it would go away and was normal when you do a bore. I hung out at the shop for a little bit longer until Recca showed up on his KLR and we went for a quick ride. I told him I didn’t have a license so no check points, we headed off. The bike felt great all I want to do is open her up and haul ass, but was told to keep it under 4k RMP’s for the next 4-500 km’s at least. We hit a check point and they wanted to see my license, well like I had to told Recca no license. So he argued with the cops and they let us through. We put around 50km’s on it and headed back to the shop, so he could go pick up his tourist and take them to Potosi. I hung out at the shop helping out where I could and just enjoying my friends. I headed back to town and went to Florin for a cup of coffee and check my emails, Henry was there and invited me to dinner with him and Robert. We went to our favorite restaurant Nuevell Cuisine, I have eaten way to much red meat since I have been here so I opted for Chicken; a huge plate of chicken fries, rice, and a salad bar for $2.30 so awesome!!! I went home dropped my computer off and met up with Robert, Rorro, and Henry for a few happy hour drinks. They wanted to show me a high end bar called Mooey, it was a roof top bar that was dead at 12:30am we hung out and more and more people started showing up, by 1:30 it was half full and people were still pouring end. Right before 2am I was exhausted and people were still pouring in, but I was exhausted and headed home.

DAY-282
8/11/2012
I woke up and headed to the shop, Nicky was very busy for the day he is only opened from 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. There is another motocross race tomorrow so there was a lot of racers their getting their bikes ready. We drove a couple of quads out to the practice area so Rorro and Henry could teach them how to ride and then take them out on a 6hr tour. Nicky asked if I could help me out and we jumped on my bike I let him drive so he could feel the bike and see how it was doing. We rode out to his brother’s brother in-laws house to pick up his wr450 to take it back to the shop and work on it for him. It was about 12km’s each way. The bike is feeling really good and I couldn’t be happier so is Nicky, he is very happy with how it is sounding and feeling as of now. We ran around all day doing small tasks. He got his wife’s parts for her car and replaced a few worn out parts. We were planning on going to the motocross track at 2:30pm but he was so busy he didn’t finish up at the shop until a little after 2pm and we headed for his house for lunch. We walked up stairs trying to decide to go or not and was watching the Olympics when he remembered he had to be back at the shop at 4:30pm for the tour to return the quads. I fell asleep watching the Olympics, now it is a big joke with Nicky because every time I eat and then sit to watch the Olympics and fall asleep. We headed into town I was following them through town as he dropped one of his daughters off at a birthday party. Then he took me to an old ice cream shop that had been in this tiny little building near the park since the 80’s, and it was SO GOOD!! Although I do love my sugar, ice cream, and coffee; and the ice-cream dish he ordered me had all three!!!! So yummy!!
I went and worked on my writing and pics for the rest of the day and headed home. Recca pulled up to me at a stoplight and we headed to his house to park my bike. We went out to dinner for some Calzones and pizza which was good and cheap. I was exhausted so I went into my room and messed around on the internet. Nicky called around 10:30pm asking if I wanted to join them for some drinks I declined since I was exhausted, already in bed, and have been drinking a little too often lately hahaha.

8/12/2012

I woke up and headed to the shop to meet Nicky to go to the MX race. Although I got there and the shop was closed up tight and no Nicky, he had ended up going very early to help out. So I headed to Florin and worked on my writing, pics, blog, and my RR on advrider for 7hrs haha.
I was walking home when I talked with Recca and he told me he had a dead battery and needed help pushing his bike into his house. We then went for a walking just talking, I had him dying laughing telling him different stories of my travels, some good wrecks, others about amazing places, and a lot about different people’s reactions over my beard haha; like getting called Santa Clause, asking if I was a UFC fighter, people just telling me they felt safe when they walked with me because I am so scary looking haha, and others of kids walking up and just reaching up and tugging on it.
There is one story I was telling him that I realized was not told to you guys; Nick, Ian and myself were riding toward Sucre when we came upon a town to get gas. We headed up a very steep and slick cobble stone street I was in the middle, nick stopped at the top for a car and I stopped. Well with it being so steep and slick I start to slide backwards picking up speed with locals watching, I had a choice keep sliding backwards picking up speed and crash into Ian or lean to my right and crash into a wall. I chose the wall; I leaned in and wedge myself and the bike into the wall stopping myself. A local came running laughing but running to help, I was dying laughing as we un wedged myself from the wall and bike and got the bike straight… haha we all had a good laugh about it after I made it to the square.
We sat at this fountain watching water show linked to music which was entertaining, the fountains soaked the crowd haha... We walked to the square so I could get dinner (Ice-cream) haha and then headed back home; I went to my room and passed out.

MY OLD OEM RACK

MY NEW RACK

BEFORE THE NEW RACK

NICKY DOING A QUICK WELD ON ONE OF MY BROKEN RACK WELDS

THE SHOP WHERE MY BORE WAS DONE

HANGING OUT AT THE SHOP

MY CYLINDER AFTER THE BORE

MY NEW PISTON

MY BOX OF PARTS

NICKY WORKING AWAY, WHILE MY FRIENDS HANGOUT CHATTING AWAY

MYSELF, NICKY, RORRO, AND RECCA

RORRO

NICKY MAKING IT HAPPEN

LUNCH BREAK, NICKYS BBQ SETUP AT HIS HOUSE

ADJUSTABLE GRILL, THIS THING IS AWESOME

THIS IS WHERE I HAVE LUNCH EVERYDAY WITH NICKY'S AWESOME FAMILY!!!

NICKY FINISHING IT UP

NERVOUS BEFORE THE FIRST RIDE!!!

SO STOKED AFTER THE FIRST RIDE!!!!!

MEET THE NEW, APPROVED, AND READY TO SHRED SHIT UP "ANIMAL"!!!!!!

Thanks for following along for my adventure of my LIFE!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #298
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Awesome to see it all back together and running!

When do you plan on getting back on the road?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #299
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
Awesome to see it all back together and running!

When do you plan on getting back on the road?
Whats up man how is your summer? Not sure looks like I will be leaving next week, so I can ride with a local friend here who needs to leave the country to check his new bike back in under his name. No rush just enjoying every minute.. Hope all is well back in Canada for you, talk with you soon!!
Fletch
Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #300
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
Whats up man how is your summer? Not sure looks like I will be leaving next week, so I can ride with a local friend here who needs to leave the country to check his new bike back in under his name. No rush just enjoying every minute.. Hope all is well back in Canada for you, talk with you soon!!
Fletch

It's going... Would rather be in S.A =) Even with a bummed cylinder.

I've been meaning to check in and see where Nick is. Also David (KLR & Fiddle/Violin).

I'm starting to think if I don't find a good job I might save up some pesso's and see about heading off again... maybe... Might have to do it on 4 wheels though and bring my pooch.