ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #106
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNBLD View Post
The fire hydrant is in front of an institute, and the higher learning that goes on here helps a gecko decide which cars save you 15% or more.

And there may have been a large cow milking operation on this road at some point. Hell, maybe there still is.
That was more than enough clues for my weak mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff
We will be heading out to ride tomorrow if anyone wants to make a group ride of it. Let me know!
I'd like to get in on some riding in the area soon but unfortunately tomorrow is out for me.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #107
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Gotta say I'm pretty bummed there were no tags to go for today. Nothing close enough or the tag hasnt moved since I placed it.

Family time must rule out this holiday weekend. Still I carved out some Saturday tag time this is going to waste.

"You've got to put your shoulder up against the stone, it don't matter if you ever get it rolling." Band of Heathens - Shine a Light.
FATNBLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #108
Bowtie76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Gotta say I'm pretty bummed there were no tags to go for today. Nothing close enough or the tag hasnt moved since I placed it.

Family time must rule out this holiday weekend. Still I carved out some Saturday tag time this is going to waste.
I'd go for it but I'm stuck in New Zealand, but I'm still going to get out for a ride.
Bowtie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #109
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Stuck in New Zealand, that sounds awful.

Even if you are stuck working in NZ your job would have to shitter cleaner outer for you to actually feel "stuck"

Maybe im just jealous as I take a break from work this beautiful Sunday in Virginia. I can hear motorcycles on airport rd from where I stand.

"You've got to put your shoulder up against the stone, it don't matter if you ever get it rolling." Band of Heathens - Shine a Light.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #110
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
Thanks for the extra clues. We looked a lot of places but the extra clues got us there today.

Here is the grab

See Doo was in the mulch for so long we figured he was ready for a drink yet again. We took him to another creek. He is sitting on a bridge. A few tags earlier a few of us had checked this road already looking for a clue stating another way to say the name of the road would be 8:54. The name of the road could be named after you if you were a marathoner from Wales.

Here are the pictures of See Doo's new location

Have fun!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #111
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dang I'm at work till 6, im on the bike today, that's on my way home, I placed the NWVA tag on that bridge a couple weeks ago, and it'll be dark when I get there. Yeah. I'm all over it. Anybody else going for it?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #112
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,917
Nice grab-n- tag tuffstuff!

Quote:
Dang I'm at work till 6,

Quote:
im on the bike today,

Quote:
that's on my way home,

Quote:
it'll be dark when I get there.
and

Quote:
Yeah. I'm all over it.

Quote:
Anybody else going for it?

Quote:
Yeah. I'm all over it.
Not now...

Nice to see the tag moving!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #113
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Grabbed and tagged. Stay tuned

Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #114
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Grabbed and tagged. Stay tuned
Wow! That was fast!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #115
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

First the Grab

Got SeeDo on Welsh Run Road, Rt 629 in Greene.

"Bright Light, Bright Light"

Old 11-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #116
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And Now The New Tag Location

I knew where I wanted to take SeeDo, and I was hoping the gates would be open, even though I knew this place is closed 1 hour after sunset. And sure enough, Albemarle was true to their word, and the gates were closed and locked.

And it was very dark there:

See the big sign on the other side of my bike in this pic? SeeDo is at the base of the sign. If I had taken a pic of the front of it I wouldn't have to give you any other clues:

SeeDo went from having a whole cement platform with a view of the water on which he could stretch out, to being squished in between to signposts:

And then covered up with a stick and some mulch:

And now for some clues (in addition to the ones already given above)

See Do is no longer in Greene County, and he's no longer on the west side of Rt 29, but he's really not very far away from his last home on Welsh Run Road.

The road he's on has a two word name. The first word shares it's name with a town amidst the pennines. And the second word follows union in Charlottesville, DC, Chicago, LA, KC, St. Louis, Denver, and Ogden.

I think I've given enough here. How long will he be there? That is the question.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #117
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

nice one! i think i figured this one out. i doubt i'll get out for a couple days but if no one else gets over there quick i might try to sneak out of work and get it
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #118
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

So TuffStuff and Bwalsh know where it is. But who's gonna go get it?

It's preddy nice out there today!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #119
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

It sure was a "preddy" nice day today so I was able to get out of work early enough to get home, jump on my bike and head to Preddy Creek Park on Burnley Station Rd. I ride my mountain bike out there so this was an easy tag for me

I rescued little See Do from being all squished up between the Preddy Creek sign posts and placed him comfortably in the little bag on the back of my bike and took him for a short ride back to the West side of 29.

He is now nestled at the foot of a fence post looking at another bridge. Every time I pick up See Do he says he loves bridges ;)

He is at the base of the fence post you see directly behind my bike in this picture/

Here he is:

Here he is all covered up safely:

This bridge is located in a little community that you might be able to find chickens, goats and depending on the direction you enter you might see some cows. My camera isn't great so not sure if you can see a cow in this one:

A few more clues about the community I placed him in:
This community grew up around a family gristmilling operations established on the north fork of the Rivanna River in 1833. The community was known with another name until 1888 when a post office was established at this location and the name changed to the current name. Tradition says the name was proposed by a family member who admired all the "advances" happening in the community.

Should be a good night for a night tag!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #120
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dang, another tag on my way to work. Hmm gonna have to expand our horizons a bit soon.