Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #76
MiteyF OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,957
King - it's 6 volt. You may be able to rewind the stator and change out some of the electrics, but I haven't looked into it and have never heard of it done. These old girls of mine are rarely out at night for just that reason!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #77
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Awesome build!! I loved these old Kaw enduros and as my user name suggests I rode a F7 175 a gazillion miles back in the day. I also had a MC1M 90cc enduro that I put 10K miles on just in the neighborhood and in the fields ect.... I would love to see pics of your MC1M also.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #78
MiteyF OP
Beastly Adventurer

I don't have many pictures of the MC right now, and it's buried behind about 10 other bikes in the shed. It's down a few rungs on the "shit to get done" ladder, but after the F8, ATC70 and my hand healing, she'll get tidied up. Here's how I bought it

And here's about what it looks like now, sans front wheel and a partial (flat track ) seat

Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #79
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Thanks for the pics it brings back memories. Mine had lights, speedo ect... It may have been a Mc1. Mine was blue and a 74 model and yours looks like a 75. I also had a G5 100 once upon a time. I love those old Kaws.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #80
MiteyF OP
Beastly Adventurer

F7, they are indeed great bikes.

My hand is healing, and I had to find something to do in the sun today. Got my exhaust manifold back from the powdercoater and got the exhaust mocked up. Still have to make 1 bushing and get some springs for it to be "installed".

We've apparently got a sheet metal roller at work, so eventually I'll make a custom expansion chamber, but for now it will do.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #81
dooder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
This bike is beautiful!
Inspirational
dooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #82
dooder
Adventurer

MiteyF, what tires did you end up using on this build?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #83
MiteyF OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dooder - I appreciate the kind words! I ended up with Kenda Challengers. I've been impressed by the price/quality of Kendas before, and it's REALLY hard to find street tires that come in an 18" rear and 19" front, especially in the right widths.

I've been working a lot of overtime lately, which means not much time for the build, plus I've been recruited to build a 'fighter TLS for a guy. However, overtime = money, so early next week I hope to have some parts in the mail
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #84
dooder
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply MiteyF.
I recently picked up a complete, non-running 1975 F7 that I hope to get to the point where I can ride it to work everyday.
Still kinda building the thing in my mind as I'm working on obtaining the title. I really like the looks of your F8.
And, like you said, I'm having a hard time finding tires that fit that are more street-biased.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #85
King_Troll68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
i found this pic on the web for an f9. just throwing some ideas in the mix.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...9/IMG_3483.jpg
King_Troll68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #86
SM Crank
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Hi, I don't mean to threadjack, came across this thread while trying to find info on my MC1.
Had it since I was a kid, been about the only thing thats moved around with me and kept for 25 odd years.
Have had plenty of other bikes, 2t and 4t but I have the fondest memories of riding that bike.
She is in a sad state, stood outside in the rain for 2 years while working elswhere 6 years back, never run since.
Stripped 50% of the motor, looks like water got into the crank case, not too happy about that.
Here in South Africa spares are hard to track down for a 70's 2 smoke!

Nice to see yours looking that good, cheers!

SM Crank screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 03:39 AM
SM Crank is offline   Reply With Quote