Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #211
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
ok, im going to the credit union this saturday to get a loan for a bike. im torn. its between 2 bikes. the 2013 husky te310r or the christini 450ds. i do mostly single track riding in the pines. what would you guys perfer to ride and what could be better off. and im still conncerned about that motor on the christini. and does the complete fmf header pipe and muffler bolt right on the christini? out of all the bikes on the market today these or the 2 that have been beating me up.
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #212
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
I can say the complete exhaust for a CRF450X will fit the Christini. As to your choice, it is a tough one. The 310 is surely lighter, but the Christini has some amazing abilities. The motor in mine has run great, even greater with the pipe and FCR carb, but I don't have that many miles on it. And my buddies just blew up a brand new Husky 310 at an ice race a couple weeks ago, so...?

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #213
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsurferlarry View Post
ok, im going to the credit union this saturday to get a loan for a bike. im torn. its between 2 bikes. the 2013 husky te310r or the christini 450ds. i do mostly single track riding in the pines. what would you guys perfer to ride and what could be better off. and im still conncerned about that motor on the christini. and does the complete fmf header pipe and muffler bolt right on the christini? out of all the bikes on the market today these or the 2 that have been beating me up.
If you are only riding single track, I'd pick a 2 stroke. I've ridden a 12' 310 and didn't like the bland feel of the front forks in stock form. any small 4stoke almost always need a rekluse to work in the tight woods, otherwise you will flame out unless you use a lot of clutch. I would love to have a Christini but I would get the 300. That being said a 450 with a rekluse would be nearly unstoppable in the right hands.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #214
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

I would love to have a 2stroker. But none of them are street legal. For riding in the state forest I would rather something with a plate. And blew up the brand new husky? That's not good. It just seems to be a tough call. The te is light. The christini does have some weight. I could live with the weight. I have been riding my klr 650 for 2 years in tight stuff. Cause my 250 blew up again. Just super not sure about the motor. And how reliable is the awd system. I guess I'm gonna have to flip a coin. But I leaning towards that christini. I talked to him briefly at the motorcycle show in NYC. Pretty cool guy.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #215
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Quote:
I would love to have a 2stroker. But none of them are street legal. For riding in the state forest I would rather something with a plate. And blew up the brand new husky? That's not good. It just seems to be a tough call. The te is light. The christini does have some weight. I could live with the weight. I have been riding my klr 650 for 2 years in tight stuff. Cause my 250 blew up again. Just super not sure about the motor. And how reliable is the awd system. I guess I'm gonna have to flip a coin. But I leaning towards that christini. I talked to him briefly at the motorcycle show in NYC. Pretty cool guy.
If you are riding a KLR in the "tight stuff" the Christini will feel like a feather weight. I've seen CJ's 950 up close and from what I see on the website, the Christini is a really well designed and built system, as long as you keep the parts clean and lubed, they should go many years without any need for parts. any machine is only as good as the person maintaining it.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #216
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

maintaining it isnt a problem. kinda do that for a living. and the klr 650 in tight stuff isnt fun. extremely challenging though. when i do switch over to the 250 when it ran it feels like nothing and blow through the single tracks. i think im def going to get the christini now. something new and different. and when i do get one i will post everything i think about it. from now all i see that it looks great. watched just about every video on it. jonesing to ride hoping this sunday is nice day to hit the trails.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #217
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Quote:
maintaining it isnt a problem. kinda do that for a living. and the klr 650 in tight stuff isnt fun. extremely challenging though. when i do switch over to the 250 when it ran it feels like nothing and blow through the single tracks. i think im def going to get the christini now. something new and different. and when i do get one i will post everything i think about it. from now all i see that it looks great. watched just about every video on it. jonesing to ride hoping this sunday is nice day to hit the trails.
Enjoy the new ride! please do keep us informed, I've been lusting after a 2T Christini for a while now but I haven't been able to pull the trigger because I don't typically ride the type of steep terrian where the extra weight wouldn't be too much a negative in tight woods.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #218
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
if its like my awd car the extra performance more than makes up for the extra weight
Old 03-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #219
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
if its like my awd car the extra performance more than makes up for the extra weight
I'm rarely at a lose for traction, 15 pound on a dirt bike is huge in tight singletrack! the all wheel drive bike won't accellerate any faster when you have the front wheel and inch off the gound with the throttle wide open.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #220
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
two wheels spinning is still better than one
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #221
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
I'm finding the advantage is mostly in turning, the front wheel just almost never slips and I'm still running the 50/50 DOT dual sport tires.

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #222
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
different route than buying the Christini bike?

Another option to buying the Christini bike is to get a frame kit from them for either the Honda or the KTM and pick up a used bike for cheap. Only need the swingarm and motor and wheels basically. Just a thought.
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #223
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
The traction in single track gives you so much more control,,,you'd never regret choosing the all-wheel over one wheel. But then I'm used to riding XR600&XR650Ls in the woods so weight means very little, on small bikes, to me.

I do want a newer Christini, so my only decision is 2T or 4T. But I don't believe I'll ever let my current KX Christini go.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #224
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

That is one nice looking kx. Wish I had time and patience to have one made up like that. If I could get christini to make a setup for the klr 650 I would def get it. Just got back from riding. Did some hard singles then went in the pits for some hills. That sand was super soft today. Very tiring on that big tank.Find out Monday what the credit union says. Then off to pick up the christini
Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #225
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 986
So do you have a local dealer or are you headed to PA?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote