Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #226
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
got no dealer around here. but i live about an hour away from philly. so factory pick up isnt a problem
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #227
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
Nice! If they allow it, could you get some pics of their facility? Also, I haven't seen it on here so can you ask if they stock the OEM bike components other than the AWD pieces? That was my biggest concern after having dealt with friends' Chinese scooters that the local dealers sell but then can't get parts for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
bryantjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #228
2trally
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
The 450 has a stator output of around 35 watts. They say they can add a higher output stator with a new flywheel and voltage regulator to bring that number to around 100.

Cjracer, any ideas on how to mount the rally nav tower to the steering head? It looks to me like the head tube cover will get in the way of bolted on or welded mounts. I dont think there is room in the head tube for bolts anyways. I guess you could weld mounts above and below the cover. If you needed to service the main drive shaft you would probably want to remove the tower anyway. Welding that head tube would be a scary proposition for me though.

2trally screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 03:06 PM
2trally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #229
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trally View Post
The 450 has a stator output of around 35 watts. They say they can add a higher output stator with a new flywheel and voltage regulator to bring that number to around 100.

Cjracer, any ideas on how to mount the rally nav tower to the steering head? It looks to me like the head tube cover will get in the way of bolted on or welded mounts. I dont think there is room in the head tube for bolts anyways. I guess you could weld mounts above and below the cover. If you needed to service the main drive shaft you would probably want to remove the tower anyway. Welding that head tube would be a scary proposition for me though.
I bet you could have Christini custom weld some brackets/tabs to the head tube. Shoot em a Email, they have been very helpful for me so far.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #230
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

that would be cool to get some pictures of the facility. just got off the phone with the credit union and christini and the paperwork is on the go. im hoping it gets all done within a day or 2 between the both of them. and if christini is open this saturday im gonna pick it up. should be a great weekend to ride and give it a try.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #231
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Excellent!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #232
2trally
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
I bet you could have Christini custom weld some brackets/tabs to the head tube. Shoot em a Email, they have been very helpful for me so far.
It wold be pretty f**king cool of them to do that kind of work for a customer. It would probably be cheaper to find a local welder to do it though. Just have to find someone with some major talent and knows how to keep that shit from warping.

I'm probably overstating the dangers here, but I don't really know how aluminum reacts to welding. I've only played with a TIG welder a few times and I've never had the opportunity to try welding AL with a MIG welder.
2trally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #233
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trally View Post

This is something I've been playing with as time allows. The next challenge is the clearance for the drive shaft torque tubes from lock to lock. It needs to be a thin setup. Once I finish the larger tank, I'll be back on front end Rally kit. I've got another custom bike build I'm working on right now that will be finished first. April....
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #234
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Just got home from christini. Took the tour of the place. Really cool. Christini and ash were really cool. Went over pretty much everything. So far everything is great. Exhaust and carb tuning will be the first things I do. But for now I'm leaving it stock for a bit. Cant wait for tomorrow to hit the trails. Just riding real quick in the backyard it feels great.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #235
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsurferlarry View Post
Just got home from christini. Took the tour of the place. Really cool. Christini and ash were really cool. Went over pretty much everything. So far everything is great. Exhaust and carb tuning will be the first things I do. But for now I'm leaving it stock for a bit. Cant wait for tomorrow to hit the trails. Just riding real quick in the backyard it feels great.
Pics?

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #236
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Congrats! Looking forward to ride reports.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #237
Bike Nomad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Congrats on your new scooter Larry!
Looking forward to hearing your adventures on your new pride and joy.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #238
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Post up some pis's of that new bike Larry.

Is the tension system on the drive chain still the same on the new bike's? (manual adj.)
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #239
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

According to the manual. Slide the tensioner up until the front of the chain has about 10-15mm or .4-.6in. Of give when pressure applied. Took it right out of the manual. And as for pics. For some reason I have no idea how to do that using this iPad. I must be doing something wrong
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #240
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Hey Contrats Larry! I am very interested in the 450DS and thinging of buying in...
Here in MO, there's lots of stream crossings... (like eslsewhere in the US). Are these bike's elsectrical system up to the task? Im not asking if they can be completely immersed and keep on running, but you know...

Also, if I buy one, I have opportunity to take it to Colorado. What I am NOT happy with the current 450DS is that it's NOT fuel injected. I've asked Christini for a couple years now, and they say "they are working" on that...

Thoughts any one on that?

Finally, I have not yet ridden a 450DS... can they do 70MPH+ without feeling like they are vibating to death?