Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #301
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH View Post
... It's a Honda engine, right?
No it is not a Honda engine. The bottom end is a very close copy, maybe interchangeable. But the valve train is different...it's not a UniCam design.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #302
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 986
My KTM 450 has a similar seat height and I have a 30" inseam and can get one foot down OK. The sag should drop the seat a few inches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
bryantjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #303
Matified
been there done that

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
No it is not a Honda engine. The bottom end is a very close copy, maybe interchangeable. But the valve train is different...it's not a UniCam design.

It is a uni cam design, as it has one cam.
Matified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #304
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
I just measured mine at 38". I have a 34" inseam and can flat foot it, just.

The engine is a very close copy of a Honda CRF450X, but there are a few differences. The clutch shaft is 1mm larger and the auto decompression mechanism is built into the cam, not on the end like the Honda. Maybe a few more I haven't found? It is the Unicam design with the forked roller rocker on the exhaust valves, but doesn't have the logo on the valve cover. I am pretty sure a Honda cam will work with the Honda decompression set up?

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #305
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Hey thanks everyone for the input. Guess i am just wary of a 30 day warranty, and for all we know, the engine is made in China, Vietnam, Korea, or Pluto... I am kinda anal about knowing those facts, and I will ask Christini.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #306
Matified
been there done that

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Hey thanks everyone for the input. Guess i am just wary of a 30 day warranty, and for all we know, the engine is made in China, Vietnam, Korea, or Pluto... I am kinda anal about knowing those facts, and I will ask Christini.
The engine is made in China and internally most parts from a 2006 honda engine will interchange, many people that find differences are looking at different year Hondas, as with many Honda 450 engines not all parts interchange year to year.
The bike is an Aisawing with Christiny mods and logos.
I just returned from a 10 day 12 factory tour in China, I have seen plenty of different models with different names or same models with different names.
Matified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #307
rride
Honda NH 750

Oddometer: 133
Why do you want EFI? EFI favors high rpms and carbs favor low-mid rpms. Two independent wheels on unstable ground seems like that could kill you jerking in two different directions.

It appears more like a lower mph trials bike, or like a Jeep. 4WD or all wheel drives for off road uses are not generally high rpm/mph vehicles. Concentrating on one power wheel (or axle) would be hard enough going fast, but cars have the advantage of a plane of support: motorcycles do not.

I must be missing something, but just had that question for safety sake. I'm way too big for off-roading anyway, but I'd rather lean on best use principles if I did go off road. For fast enduro riding, I hope you enjoy wrecking a lot because it seems just too complex to manage the forces balanced on 2 wheels. And maybe enduro tracks are a lot more predictable than enduro off road riding which could be any and every natural obstacle possible.

Sorry for my ignorance
rride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #308
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by rride View Post
Why do you want EFI? EFI favors high rpms and carbs favor low-mid rpms. Two independent wheels on unstable ground seems like that could kill you jerking in two different directions.

It appears more like a lower mph trials bike, or like a Jeep. 4WD or all wheel drives for off road uses are not generally high rpm/mph vehicles. Concentrating on one power wheel (or axle) would be hard enough going fast, but cars have the advantage of a plane of support: motorcycles do not.

I must be missing something, but just had that question for safety sake. I'm way too big for off-roading anyway, but I'd rather lean on best use principles if I did go off road. For fast enduro riding, I hope you enjoy wrecking a lot because it seems just too complex to manage the forces balanced on 2 wheels. And maybe enduro tracks are a lot more predictable than enduro off road riding which could be any and every natural obstacle possible.

Sorry for my ignorance
Wait... What?

If you want to climb the tree you must hang on... or something like that.

I love my EFI little bike... elevation changes, who cares. Grunts and tractors down low and screams on the twisty ribbons of pavement.

I want it all.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #309
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Wait... What?

If you want to climb the tree you must hang on... or something like that.

I love my EFI little bike... elevation changes, who cares. Grunts and tractors down low and screams on the twisty ribbons of pavement.

I want it all.
Tip it over upside-down for 1-5 minutes pick it up not flooded,,,fires right up. I don't believe any carb adjusted right,,, against efi programmed right is better,,, bottom, mid, or top end.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #310
X1Glider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Quote:

Sorry for my ignorance
Way too many incorrect statements in those paragraphs....except the very last one.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #311
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,648
Quote:

Sorry for my ignorance
If you're riding fast, like actually fast, you aren't concentrating on anything. There might be a slight adjustment period but plenty of people ride these bikes faster than you or I will ever go.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #312
X1Glider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
30 days is a standard warranty on all dirt bikes. Sure, the 450DS is plated but it's still a dirt bike with a dirt bike engine which is designed to be light, snappy and reponsive. To give a longer warranty, they would need every component beefed up and thickened, which means a new and different engine. This is beyond their scope of business.

If you want the reliability of a rock, you should look into the XR650L, CRF250L, XT250, DR-Z400...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #313
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
what kind of fuel mileage is everyone getting on the 450 ds. of course my speedo and odometer are quite off. and i do have it on the correct settings. both magnets there. i should be picking up the vapor unit for it today. hoping to get time to put it on this weekend. and this all wheel drive setup is great. i took it to the old landfill near me and did some real crazy hillclimbs on it. real steep angles. hills i would never try. and im getting the fcr carb for it also. so what kind of range with the stock carb are you getting and what kind of range with the fcr? and took it down the highway for the first time. this is so not a dual sport. but so far one of the best dirt bikes i have ridden.
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #314
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
I just got a Trailtech Vapor on mine so I can finally get an idea of mileage, but it seems pretty good, at least 40? I got the Vapor Stealth model, which is all black and looks great on the Christini. Easy install and lots of features for a reasonable price.

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #315
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
that is exactly what i got. the vapor stealth. should look great on the christini. and about 40? that aint bad. im going to be entering some enduros in the east coast enduro ass. and just trying to figure out range. hate to run out of gas before the fuel stop.
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote