Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #376
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
not my photo, seems like an appropriate place to post....
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #377
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
No steering or front suspension.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #378
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
have any of you guy's fitted a Scott's damper to your Christini's yet? The reason I ask is I am having some trouble getting the correct SUB mount to position the damper at the steering stem center line. I was told by Ash that they designed the top triple to be the same as the 05-07 EXC cast triple clamp.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #379
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
I have a GPR waiting for a mount, so I'll look into a KTM version.

Haven't been riding since I high sided the Christini and broke my arm on my initial Supermoto test.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #380
Beta450
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
I have a new ktm exc part #u6909815 GPR sub mount for sale if you are interested. PM me if you want it.
Beta450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #381
Bike Nomad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Haven't been riding since I high sided the Christini and broke my arm on my initial Supermoto test.
Sorry to hear that. I hope your arm heals well & quickly.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #382
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
I have a GPR waiting for a mount, so I'll look into a KTM version.

I can tell you so far that the damper mount for the early cast top triple does not fit. I will know more tomorrow after I talk to Jim at BRP. Ash has been super helpful on getting spec's and useful part numbers. Christini's service is hand down the best. I will post pics when I have all the right damper parts.

Sorry to hear bout the arm. Gotta get back on the horse that bucked ya off..
Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #383
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
I can tell you so far that the damper mount for the early cast top triple does not fit. I will know more tomorrow after I talk to Jim at BRP. Ash has been super helpful on getting spec's and useful part numbers. Christini's service is hand down the best. I will post pics when I have all the right damper parts.

Sorry to hear bout the arm. Gotta get back on the horse that bucked ya off..

What do you mean by "early cast mount"?

Look at Dirt Tricks. Their post is a 3 piece design which is a great feature because you don't have to disassemble the top clamp to install it. They used to have a submount but i just checked and it's not there...

Pete, sorry to hear about your fracture. How much was the extra front hub, assuming you built your own supermoto wheel? I need to replace mine to see if it affects how the front end kicks in. I am still getting a bit of torque-steer which may or may not be normal.

did the AWD contribute to your highside?
dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #384
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet View Post
What do you mean by "early cast mount"?

Look at Dirt Tricks. Their post is a 3 piece design which is a great feature because you don't have to disassemble the top clamp to install it. They used to have a submount but i just checked and it's not there...
The Christini's head tube is much larger then the stock KTM so a weld on tower must be used and also I am using a SUB mount. From what have been told by slavens and Christini there are some differences between the early cast and late billet triple clamps(trail/rack and bar mounting holes)
Old 06-15-2013, 05:13 AM   #385
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

I have a ktm billet clamp on a 525 and the xtini top clamp looks like the same handlebar mount. two bar positions available.

Highway dirt bikes sells some great stuff for your bike, including submount for scotts. he's a vendor here.

Are you getting high speed instability to need the damper? i don't get mine to go very fast around here...

dentvet screwed with this post 06-15-2013 at 07:47 AM Reason: i was wrong
Old 06-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #386
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I have a ktm billet clamp on a 525 and the xtini top clamp looks like the same handlebar mount. two bar positions available.

Highway dirt bikes sells some great stuff for your bike, including submount for scotts. he's a vendor here.

Are you getting high speed instability to need the damper? i don't get mine to go very fast around here...
Dimension D is where the problem is. It does not center the Scott's over the center of the steering stem. I talk with Mike at BRP yesterday, they do not make a SUB KTM style mount with 17mm spacing. They do make one ment for their triple clamp that uses that spacing but uses larger 12mm bolt instead of the 10mm bolts.

Stock 2008 KTM 300 XCWe(billet)

2009 Christini(upside down)

I have the KTM 300 Christini so is rides alil different then your thumpers. But yes my bike definitely could benefit from a damper.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #387
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Ahh, i understand the problem now.

this mount has three holes to choose from, maybe one is close to 17mm...
http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...Explode_05.gif

Or you could get 1mm sheet and make sleeves to use the 10mm bolts in the 12mm holes in the available brp clamp

I have the 300, too. if you see a 2 stroke bike in the christini service manual, it's mine when it was more shiny

I was planning to go with the HDB sub mount but you have pointed out some potential snags so thanks for the pics and updates. It does look like it would be easy to modify the actual plate that the scotts attaches to.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #388
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Pete, sorry to hear about your fracture. How much was the extra front hub, assuming you built your own supermoto wheel? I need to replace mine to see if it affects how the front end kicks in. I am still getting a bit of torque-steer which may or may not be normal.

did the AWD contribute to your highside?
Thanks and yes, I built my front wheel from a replacement front hub. It was about $450 complete with one way clutches, if I remember? If you are getting torque steer, check the front driveshafts and linear bearings, if you lose drive to one side it pulls hard. I don't think the AWD contributed to the crash, but it might have saved me if I gassed it hard instead of rolling out of it.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #389
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Ahh, i understand the problem now.

this mount has three holes to choose from, maybe one is close to 17mm...
http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...Explode_05.gif

Or you could get 1mm sheet and make sleeves to use the 10mm bolts in the 12mm holes in the available brp clamp

I have the 300, too. if you see a 2 stroke bike in the christini service manual, it's mine when it was more shiny

I was planning to go with the HDB sub mount but you have pointed out some potential snags so thanks for the pics and updates. It does look like it would be easy to modify the actual plate that the scotts attaches to.
That's pretty cool. I really like that SUB mount system. For right now I am just going to build a mount that I can use til my bank account recovers from my spending spree
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #390
back2tx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
thinking

I was thinking about getting the sm. Any of ya'll have any regrets or problems with the bike. Let me know the good and the bad.
back2tx is offline   Reply With Quote