Old 04-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #16
akjohn OP
AKjohn

Oddometer: 154
I have been meaning to stop by and ask for a contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARB
Alaska Airlines is 67 cents a pound uncrated from Anch to Seattle. Barb

Hi Barb...I remember you telling me about AK Air. When is the last time you know of AK Air shipping via pallet? This would definitely be the way to go. I figured they stopped shipping from individuals after 9/11. I thought cargo had to go via "Known Shippers".
Joni and the folks at Classic Motion are great. However, Joni gave me an estimate of $1200 round trip (with crating) Ouch! For that price I would rather ride down.
I will also be stopping by to get advice on Laguna Seca...it will definitely be a zoo. Last I heard they are almost sold out for Moto GP.
Thanks again for all your help.
For the rest of you folks who are planning on visiting Anchorage...Make sure and visit Barb's shop (Alaska Leather) and spend some money. She and her crew are the best :-)

jb
akjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #17
BARB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,824
About 2 months ago. You don't have to be a known shipper for cargo only flights. Barb
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:57 AM   #18
AK Bear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,614
I shipped one of my bikes out last fall with a company called Keystone here in Anchorage, and had Jack's Custom Crates make a crate. The whole thing was about $400. They have a wearhouse close to the airport in Seattle and are open by the time you can get there after arriving on , a redeye flight. It was great service but maybe picking it up at the airport would be even better and sounds cheaper. It takes about a week to 10 days to get there and you have to time it with the ship. Bear
AK Bear is offline   Reply With Quote