IN
IN
IN
IN
IN
IN
IN!

WHAT'S ALL THIS TALK ABOUT TINCUP?
Anyone wanna do a day trip from Silverton over Tincup on GS bikes? Might be, oh, 150 miles or so.....
Count me in. Gas it and go right?

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure SOLD
'05 Honda XR650R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #168
Tellydoug
Troubador of joy

Oddometer: 6,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
Count me in. Gas it and go right?

I get blamed for every little thing. Jeebus!

Yes, that's the key. Slip your tires since you can't slip your clutch on them Krautwagons. Tourances are sufficient, maybe work on your oxygen deprivation for training.

Oh the fun we will have! Maybe a GS down Engineer to Red Mountain and then on over Black Bear () to Telluride ride for a hardcore experience, but there are so many possibilities for mellow yet keep you on your toes rides for big bikes every direction you might want to go.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde
Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #169
CCRyder
Champ

Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_john View Post
a bit of trivia..... My rmar committee is a very wise bunch of souls......

Actually.....this is what i am getting at......and this is what they pointed out to me......

Rmar is a family type of event. Everyone who has signed up for their third one really likes the environment. It isn't cliquey and everyone is welcome and involved. I love the fact that folks feel safe to bring their spouse and kids.

This isn't the event where half the attendees get rip-snort drunk and race 50cc's around the camp at midnight. We respect our host, we respect our neighbor and we behave ourselves. If you have a desire to "tie one on", howl at the moon and break your big toe on a 50cc bike while racing three other drunks around a campfire.....do it the weekend before you come to rmar.
]

yes
---

I am very strongly thinking about taking all 4 weeks of my vacation time ( together) this year...and coming to ride Colorado for most of it.... I Went to the original "westfest" - -at --Ouray- "OSCAR" in 2004 - back in a "simpler time" in ADV'dom-- I think there were maybe 4,000 total registered users on advrider.com at that time. ...don't ask me how many were at OURAY at the gathering, but it was maybe 100 to 150 or so, and I think every corner of the USA was represented at that first one.....my how the ADV family has grown.........
Anyway, I fell in love with your state on that trip, and then went back the next 2 or 3 consecutive years after that --on my own,-- solo---.......every time I go, I just don't have enough time to do/ride/see/ everything that I want to do/ride/see ??? And I think we can all agree- there is a lot of things to do/ride/see in COLORADO !!! (someone say Amen, please ??? )
I have an idea, that this is a common experience shared by most visitors to Colorado from anywhere " down below" ?
What is that saying ...."never trust anyone below 7000 ft. elevation" ? I saw that painted on the side of an old bread truck/delivery van kind of vehicle parked in a field somewhere near....Fort Collins or Horsetooth Reservoir.....? at least that area...can't remember exactly, but it made a really good photo op........

Maybe a month would be enough, or be close to enough.....hell, I don't even know if it's possible to get "enough" of Colorado ? At least in the summertime and early fall........
So having said all of that, I appreciate the novel idea that a group of motorcycling enthusiasts up to and including the entire family, .... can get together, ride, eat, sleep, repeat...camp, tell lies by a campfire and just chill out.......and enjoy some of lifes finer moments ....and do it all without having to get knee crawling, slip sliding, commode hugging 50cc mini bike racing drunk-- to commemorate all of those other fine things.
Hats off to you, for helping put on such an event, where other things of value in this life are, well..... "valued" ..
Please count me IN---
p.s. I couldn't stop smiling as I typed this.....did anyone notice .............

2002 KTM 520 E/XC
2011 BMW R1200 GSA

CCRyder screwed with this post 11-10-2011 at 02:40 AM Reason: correcting a typo or 3....
CCRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #170
ScramblerDavis
aka DangerDavis

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRyder View Post
yes---

I am very strongly thinking about taking all 4 weeks of my vacation time ( together) this year...and coming to ride Colorado for most of it.... I Went to the original "westfest" - -at --Ouray- "OSCAR" in 2004 - back in a "simpler time" in ADV'dom-- I think there were maybe 4,000 total registered users on advrider.com at that time. ...don't ask me how many were at OURAY at the gathering, but it was maybe 100 to 150 or so, and I think every corner of the USA was represented at that first one.....my how the ADV family has grown.........
Anyway, I fell in love with your state on that trip, and then went back the next 2 or 3 consecutive years after that --on my own,-- solo---.......every time I go, I just don't have enough time to do/ride/see/ everything that I want to do/ride/see ??? And I think we can all agree- there is a lot of things to do/ride/see in COLORADO !!! (someone say Amen, please ??? )
I have an idea, that this is a common experience shared by most visitors to Colorado from anywhere " down below" ?

...."never trust anyone below 7000 ft. elevation" ? I saw that painted on the side of an old bread truck/delivery van kind of vehicle parked in a field somewhere near....Fort Collins or Horsetooth Reservoir.....? at least that area...can't remember exactly, but it made a really good photo op........

Maybe a month would be enough, or be close to enough.....hell, I don't even know if it's possible to get "enough" of Colorado ? At least in the summertime and early fall........
So having said all of that, I appreciate the novel idea that a group of motorcycling enthusiasts up to and including the entire family, .... can get together, ride, eat, sleep, repeat...camp, tell lies by a campfire and just chill out.......and enjoy some of lifes finer moments ....and do it all without having to get knee crawling, slip sliding, commode hugging 50cc mini bike racing drunk-- to commemorate all of those other fine things.
Hats off to you, for helping put on such an event, where other things of value in this life are, well..... "valued" ..
Please count me IN---
p.s. I couldn't stop smiling as I typed this.....did anyone notice .............
Bein' from Texas also...I really love the Rockies and Utah for ridin'! And as for Big John...his concern for providing a FAMILY type of event is greatly appreciated. John and his support people have done a great job the last three years of creating really safe and fun events where wifes and kids can come enjoy a group of respectful people who really appreciate the opportunity to go to these small communities and are wanted back the next year. That says a lot for all involved! Hat's off to a really great organizer and supporters!
'07 Triumph Scrambler,'09 Honda XR650L,'86 Kaw.Concours,'00 BMW K1200LT
Member RMAR, COHVCO, NMOHVA, AMA
ScramblerDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #171
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Oh, I get it now, I've finally seen the pics link to this ride.

You get us n00bs sucked in with this talk of an "EASY Big Bike Ride".........

and then......

BAM !!

I am SO.............

.......................IN !!!!!!!

I am also so........ fucked.

Before everyone gets scared off.....there were some success stories.....riders that know how to properly play in the mud!!!

And then there was a guy and his gal that rode two-up through everything without incident....except muddy boots!! That's everyone's peace of mind when you join me on the Easy Big Bike Ride.....It won't get any tougher than what the wife and I can handle 2-up. (Disclaimer....we have riden some hairy shit together, though.)

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #172
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRyder View Post
Please count me IN---
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScramblerDavis View Post
Bein' from Texas also...I really love the Rockies and Utah for ridin'! And as for Big John...his concern for providing a FAMILY type of event is greatly appreciated. John and his support people have done a great job the last three years of creating really safe and fun events where wifes and kids can come enjoy a group of respectful people who really appreciate the opportunity to go to these small communities and are wanted back the next year. That says a lot for all involved! Hat's off to a really great organizer and supporters!

Appreciate the kind words, fellas. RMAR does have its own flavor....which I think is darn good.

Would August of 2012 get here, already!!!!!

2012 is going to be an awesome year of riding!!!! Between the early April Trip to Moab, tentative June trip to Glacier/Banff, the week of WestFest/RMAR and the CAM1000.....Hooray!!!!

Everyone should make 2012 an EPIC YEAR!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #173
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,324
back away from the expresso, John....you got 9+ months to go.......

_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #174
pkman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Looks like I can finally say...IN!!!!!

DW checked on her vacation availability and she's in too!

Gonna have to start budgeting now. John, are those Distanzias on your Strom? New tires are going to have to be in the budget too.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #175
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
back away from the expresso, John....you got 9+ months to go.......

Nailed!!!! One full pot for me this morning!!!!

But come on, Bro...... You got to understand that winter sadness is coming on.

Did anyone read Clem's recent article in Rider this month? He talks about our bikes having personalities and the feelings we have for them. Really good article. So when I peek out into the garage and see the bikes tucked away, being neglected......I am saddened.

If Mexico wasn't such a sithouse of crime, I would try to ride down there next month. I still have a dream of riding Copper Canyon. Death Valley this winter....anyone?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #176
wyostrom
Better be ready

Oddometer: 34
One way to fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Oh, I get it now, I've finally seen the pics link to this ride.

You get us n00bs sucked in with this talk of an "EASY Big Bike Ride".........

and then......

BAM !!

I am SO.............

.......................IN !!!!!!!

I am also so........ fucked.
It's nice to be the poster child for the "Easy Bike Bike Ride"
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience."

"Life is a limited time offer... Live deliberately. Ride often."

K6 DL650 VStrom
'95 DR350
'72 Norton Commando
'59 Triumph TR6
wyostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #177
BgDadddy
Big Dufus

Oddometer: 1,788
Do any of you guys have snowmobiles that you ride in the winter? Is that even the right part of the country for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
Nailed!!!! One full pot for me this morning!!!!

But come on, Bro...... You got to understand that winter sadness is coming on.

Did anyone read Clem's recent article in Rider this month? He talks about our bikes having personalities and the feelings we have for them. Really good article. So when I peek out into the garage and see the bikes tucked away, being neglected......I am saddened.

If Mexico wasn't such a sithouse of crime, I would try to ride down there next month. I still have a dream of riding Copper Canyon. Death Valley this winter....anyone?
BgDadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #178
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgDadddy View Post
Do any of you guys have snowmobiles that you ride in the winter? Is that even the right part of the country for that?

Funny you should ask that today..... As I am laying around with a nasty head cold and spending way too much time on the internet....

I found two lightly used sleds and the trailer for a steal of a price and was wondering.....would I like riding a snowmobile for 4-5 months?????

Maybe the family needs some new toys.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #179
DertRyde
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
In !
DertRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #180
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 18,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
I found two lightly used sleds and the trailer for a steal of a price and was wondering.....would I like riding a snowmobile for 4-5 months?????

Maybe the family needs some new toys.

But what do I know... not like I can ride or anything.