Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #31
Blackbert OP
Factory Rambler

Oddometer: 1,055

Back at dawn, time for some food. The waitresses didn't look too bad, but they were real blondes, so we had a little issue with the bill. Well sorted by Tom Terminator, so back to the campfire for a beer and a joke.

Crispy Sunday morning, same ritual as yesterday.

Same gang, different route, different pace. After negotiating some groups of MTB guys, the trails were ours, more or less.

Yes, it's 'pavement'. Can be very interesting when wet or covered in mud.

couple of dirty girls in the making

As the weather is very nice, there's other riders out too.

want to save on Smugmug? use this code (VoUO8M1ukmnMY)

Blackbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #32
Blackbert OP
Factory Rambler

With everybody warmed up, it's time for some more interesting passages.
I've never seen anybody lift a bike as fast as this.

The people of Hoegaarden even provided a non-paved section in the town centre.

Back at the campsite we had a bowl of fresh homemade soup (thanks sis ), broke up camp, said our goodbeys and headed home.
Thanks to all for making it what it was, we can't do it without you.
See you on the next one.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #33
laouen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by duibhceK View Post
I think it was more like: why don't you have nice big tits like that GS in front of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbert View Post
couple of dirty girls in the making

Quote:
I've never seen anybody lift a bike as fast as this.
laouen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #34
duibhceK
duibhce Kaelann

Oddometer: 254
ok, so laouen and I had to cut the riding short on Saturday. But in exchange we got a five course meal, a long hot shower and a comfy warm proper bed. So despite the late night out partying we still arrived back at the camp site reasonably fresh the next morning. Another delicious breakfast was whipped up by Tom.
The others seemed to have a bit more trouble getting out of bed this morning, so I can only imaging what sort of debauchery went on here last night . In any case we finally depart for another day of trail riding, albeit a bit later than yesterday. But that's ok, Bert will be leading us over the "lazy sunday" route anyway. The trails today are less technical then yesterday. Loads of fast gravel and hard packed dirt roads. Good fun nevertheless and the big bikes seem to like it better as well.

We arrive at Hoegaarden early but it is an ideal location for a pause, so we take a light lunch of pie, soup and meat balls. After lunch Bert serves up a couple more challenging obstacles, making the Katie and GS in the company clearly suffer.

Windy still has a long ride back to Calais ahead of him so he needs to leave us and return to the camp site to break up his tent.

A bit further apparently one of the DRZs is caught out by a rut in a descent, but I arrive just too late to witness it and apparently even the cameras were out too late.

After a few more lanes we return to the camp site as well. Where Blackleen has prepared a most exquisite soup for us. A few bowls and some Belgian beer degustation by certain unnamed parties later we are ready to pack up and return home near Leuven. We learn that Pumpy, Possu and Matt are spending the night on the camp site and are planning to go to Leuven for some dinner. They don't mind some company so we agree to meet on a parking lot just outside the city later. A short walk along some of the highlights of the city center brings us to the restaurant and the rest... well the rest is pretty obvious.

Anyway, it was a great weekend. Thanks everyone for joining in and especially to Tom, Bert and Kurt for organizing it.
duibhceK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #35
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Looks fabulous! Too bad I couldn't join, allthough I think that my very limited offroad experience coupled with a big 1100Gs on metzeler tourances would be a bad combination... Most of the pictures seem like trails i've done with the GS before, but some really really don't

How many big bikes were there? I've seen one GS and a few KTM adventures, how well did they mix up with the smaller singles?

If only we had such trails in my region (coast)... I literally have to search for a few 100 metres of offroad trail.
Dunewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #36
Tom Diesel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunewar View Post
Looks fabulous! Too bad I couldn't join, allthough I think that my very limited offroad experience coupled with a big 1100Gs on metzeler tourances would be a bad combination... Most of the pictures seem like trails i've done with the GS before, but some really really don't

How many big bikes were there? I've seen one GS and a few KTM adventures, how well did they mix up with the smaller singles?

If only we had such trails in my region (coast)... I literally have to search for a few 100 metres of offroad trail.
The mix of bigger bikes and smaller thumpers went quite good in the "easy compagny" group, that's why it was called the "easy compagny" group. The other groups where mainly bigger thumpers.

On tourances, it would have asked some more experience to ride the tour.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #37
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Next year..... i'll try and get my experience up.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #38
Jomme
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
I think it was more like: why don't you have nice big tits like that GS in front of us?
Please, leave my t... out of this!
Jomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #39
Jomme
Adventurer

Quote:
Next year..... i'll try and get my experience up.
Just go for it. That's exactly what I did!! But best to make sure to have some kind of knobby's fitted.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #40
duibhceK
duibhce Kaelann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomme View Post
Just go for it. That's exactly what I did!! But best to make sure to have some kind of knobby's fitted.
Yes, and preferably something a bit more aggressive than TKC
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #41
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Any tips? Preferably, I would have two sets of wheels, but that gets pricey i presume.

I could allways switch tires when I want to, I like the tourances when doing long tours (600+ km per day).
Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #42
Jomme
Adventurer

Quote:
Any tips? Preferably, I would have two sets of wheels, but that gets pricey i presume.

I could allways switch tires when I want to, I like the tourances when doing long tours (600+ km per day).
Depends on your wheel size. Seems like for the GS, the choice is somewhat limited.
Tourances are very nice tires, on the road ...and a little bit off-road. Definitely not recommended for something like "Bloody Belgium II"
Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #43
Jomme
Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, and preferably something a bit more aggressive than TKC
very true
Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #44
Blackbert OP
Factory Rambler

Besides the TKC, which is pretty worthless in the mud (and on wet tarmac), the only ones I can find in 110/80/19 size are the Metzeler Karoo and Pirelli Scorpion Rally. For the rear: 150/70/17: Karoo, TKC, K60, Scorpion Rally. Get advise from your trusted tyre guy (or on the interwebs/forums) about fitment/performance.

Jomme, what was wrong with 'Tentman'?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #45
duibhceK
duibhce Kaelann

Quote:
Jomme, what was wrong with 'Tentman'?
That's what I told him!