Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #31
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
Did you forget about me or did I miss something somewhere?.....augh......which usually happens, me missing the point......augh!

My cams have a .410" lift 250degree at .040"
As said before...KLR685, 1 mm larger valves all round, ported and polishedhead and also the rest of the system to the can from air cleaner, stock base gasket to keep compression stock, same for head gasket, better needle klx needle and 145 main, UNI air cleaner, BigGun header, opened up stock can(soon to be aftermarket) FCR-MX slider 39mm carb.

Now it's possible compression time....can't adjust the cam timing at all easily. the sprockets are single dowel located, it really needs 4 degrees added to it. But that is a very complicated deal by repositioning the dowels to get half a tooths distance or slightly more seeing as each tooth results in 7 degrees of timing.

Please advise....?

Still perched on the edge......
What comp are you running?? You may even have to weld the pin hole closed and drill a new one at -4 degrees to accomplish this.

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #32
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewizard View Post
What comp are you running?? You may even have to weld the pin hole closed and drill a new one at -4 degrees to accomplish this.
Slotting the pin hole only works if you are retarding the timing, if you need to advance it you will have to relocate the dowel pin hole in the gear, I would relocate the pin hole even when retarding the cam for safty's sake.

Wizard manufacturing....

cyclewizard screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 07:43 AM
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #33
Wattner OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,685
Quote:
I've tried many of times myself and I gave up....I usualy just listen and not say much but Mike started a post here that people need to read so this is my .02
I hope this is ok... The hours of conversation and philosophy is always answered with knowledge and experience by you, he master.... I was/am hoping the collective masses may gather as much as I have from you.. The information is priceless!!!!

KUDOS Dad!

Wattner screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 08:33 AM
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #34
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
I hope this is ok... The hors of conversation and philosophy is always answered with knowledge and experience by you, he master.... I was/am hoping the collective masses may gather as much as I have from you.. The information is priceless!!!!

KUDOS Dad!
Be back latter son have to go to work..

Wizard manufacturing....
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #35
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,903
Quote:

I'm running just above 9.2, I think whatever stock is on a KLR650 2004....sorry don't know off the top of the old bean....I too am interested in the choice of decking the head or shaving the cylinder....?

Thanks for the cam timing info, already figured that part out as you have suggested. The issue is, by increasing the compression I'm moving the timing a tad aren't I? That is bringing the two systems together, crank and timing sprockets via the chain. It's moving in the wrong direction also isn't it? Which compounds my newly wanted timing ...?
This is the reason I haven't upped my compression up to now......worried about the timing issue as it isn't the easiest thing to adjust. Yes it's just a matter of boring a few new holes etc in laymans terms but it has to be extremely precise!

I'm really enjoying learning all you have to offer...it's great when a knowledgeable person shares what they know instead of hoarding that knowledge and not teaching the other up and coming mechanics so to speak.
Again thanks.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #36
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,903
I have another question if you can help or not I would be very gratefull for you insight.
I have a 39mm FCR-MX carb...I have it in bits at the moment and have taken it totally apart and I mean totally. I have pressed out the accelerator nozzle to clean it when cleaning the rest of it. All gaskets are still 100% intact and everything else is now perfect....BUT...in my haste to get this damned nozzle out I have damaged the slot that is meant to turn it to direct the spray. Do you know of anywhere that I can get a replacement or an aftermarket nozzle for this carb....I've been searching for hours. No my PC searching skills aren't that great as Ifound it a few days ago and now can't repeat that find.
I would be eternally grateful if you did know where....thanks again.....or to anyone else who may know.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #37
GAS GUY
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,567
cycle wizard,
Where are you located in michigan ?? Do you have a shop and/or offer machine shop services such as cylinder boring and cylinder head work ??
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #38
MichiganMachete
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
I have another question if you can help or not I would be very gratefull for you insight.
I have a 39mm FCR-MX carb...I have it in bits at the moment and have taken it totally apart and I mean totally. I have pressed out the accelerator nozzle to clean it when cleaning the rest of it. All gaskets are still 100% intact and everything else is now perfect....BUT...in my haste to get this damned nozzle out I have damaged the slot that is meant to turn it to direct the spray. Do you know of anywhere that I can get a replacement or an aftermarket nozzle for this carb....I've been searching for hours. No my PC searching skills aren't that great as Ifound it a few days ago and now can't repeat that find.
I would be eternally grateful if you did know where....thanks again.....or to anyone else who may know.
have you tried Sudco? I used to get all kinds of parts from them back in the two stroke days. Last time I tried to get something small (fcr fuel screw stuff) from them they kinda got upset because my order wasn't big enough, and at first denied it, sending me to a dealer that purchased from them, but after a couple "nice" emails they said I could place my order if I paid a $5 fee.

So either a dealer that works with them, or direct if you must!

www.sudco.com

http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams323728/expfcrmx.gif
MichiganMachete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #39
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjinscout View Post
cycle wizard,
Where are you located in michigan ?? Do you have a shop and/or offer machine shop services such as cylinder boring and cylinder head work ??
yep sure do I live by Frankenmuth Mi.