ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
DougZ73 OP
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
Njorvp

On a crappy day like today, I have been killing time on Utube finding vids of enduros and hare scrambles to pass time.

I came across this vid of NJ off road vehicle park. My first dirt riding ever, was in 2006, at that park. My buddy had sold me his KDX 200, non plated, so I got a membership down there to be able to ride it legally. $300 a year and ride as much as you want..and groomed tracks. It was great. sadly..in July of that year, I broke my right femur at a high side track accident down at VIR.

Just does not make sense...they lose their lease due to pressure from the environmentalist...who then come in and cut down trees to block the track(s) and trails. Does that make any sense at all??

DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
fitz4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
There are many things that are disturbing about the loss of the orv park. First off the trees that are cut down everywhere there were planted by the members the first year the park was open. I remember going to ride there one day in 1997 and was told no riding today, we are planting trees. Part of a deal made with the state I am guessing. If the state is so worried about their precious forest why would they whack all those trees? Great place to ride and legal place to ride. It has been too long since they have closed the orv park and have not held up on their end of the deal to open another park. Typical.
fitz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
DougZ73 OP
Fading off.........

Yeah...at last I heard..they are supposed to open three parks with in the state...not sure if that will ever really happen though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 408
Don't hold your breath waiting for the three ORV parks to open. The movement locally and in Trenton seems to have lost steam. Although I did get an e-mail from the NJ Motorsports Park saying that "The Field Of Dreams" mx track is going to happen next year.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
racer514
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I have no idea how this works but it came to me on the way home from work one day listening to the "Ask the Governor" program on New Jersey 101.5. The governor was quite responsive to a lot of small things that I would have thought he would blow off. An example was someone who was waiting WAY too long for a permit to build a house in Tuckerton. The governor agreed, put the person on hold to take their information with a promise that he would check into it and help get it done. I have no idea if he actually followed through but based on the way he handled it and the stories I have heard about other people actually getting help from him with success, I wouldn't be surprised if he did look into it.

Anyway, here's my though.......

Everyone go to the 101.5/Ask the Governor page.. ( http://millenniumradionj.com/AskTheG...ov-WKXWFM.html ) and ask a question about our missing but promised ORV Park(s).

While we are at it, everyone call in the next time he does the show (November 9) and ask about it.

They always say, stand up and be counted. Maybe we give it a try?

I think Im even gonna re-post this in a new Topic.
racer514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,392
yeah.... that will stop people from riding in the pine barrens
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Kevinhooa
Pitch pine slalom

Oddometer: 420
Does not make sense at all. I saw something similar at the Franklin Parker Preserve near Chatsworth. They hacked a ton of trees and even ripped up the railroad tracks, cut up the rail, and hammered it into the ground at various road crossings to keep people out.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
fitz4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Along the railroad tracks they consider these areas as sensitive areas because of the rattlesnake nesting. It's ok for them to cut down trees and destroy the forest for rattlesnakes and other species that have taken residence there. Go 100 yards down the road and your not allowed to break a branch off a tree.
fitz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinhooa View Post
Does not make sense at all. I saw something similar at the Franklin Parker Preserve near Chatsworth. They hacked a ton of trees and even ripped up the railroad tracks, cut up the rail, and hammered it into the ground at various road crossings to keep people out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz4 View Post
Along the railroad tracks they consider these areas as sensitive areas because of the rattlesnake nesting. It's ok for them to cut down trees and destroy the forest for rattlesnakes and other species that have taken residence there. Go 100 yards down the road and your not allowed to break a branch off a tree.

More eco-nazi-government bullshit. They MAKE us be law-breakers.

Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
enormiss
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Was reading a newspaper article about this at work today...

http://www.njparksandforests.org/par..._ATV_Park.html

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/2013/13_0003.htm
enormiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,450
The beginning of the end. Sad day to be unhappy about a ORV park opening.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
When they cut those trees down like that I said not only was it the wrong way to cut any tree down it was environmental destruction we could of used this against them in itself in a lawsuit like they do to us but no one listened to or heeded my advice now its too late to go back on that. I feel as long as we have all these enviro nuts and trails and rails /open space, agenda 21s and sustainability people on the town planning committees nothing will ever change w these marxists leftists running and ruining everything into the ground.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Im not registering any of my quads or dirtbikes in the peoples republics of nj especially when its not allowed to be ridden on the street or anywhere for that matter.2 the registering of your bike I believe use to be supposedly used for trail upkeep etc,not only did the enviros ruin that w dep etc, the money they took always seems to find other uses for that money like welfare or some other non essential bs that they will waste the money on like rails an trails programs. Which like the rest of there lies doesnt benefit any of us really if ya think about it.I personally Wont give these thieving bastards that run our state another red cent if I can help it:(
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #14
93-610
I'm a tard

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
The beginning of the end. Sad day to be unhappy about a ORV park opening.

care to elaborate ?

oldest crap
crap I almost forgot about

93-610 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
DougZ73 OP
Fading off.........

Holy old thread bump batman.