ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #676
jackflash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 313
That looks super dangerous. Awesome RR though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymatt43 View Post
At some point, Kristen literally had to slap this piglet out of the way:


*


__________________
"Those who give up liberty to obtain safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
jackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #677
compassexpeditions
Gnarly Adventurer
 
compassexpeditions's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Our Hub is Ballan, Australia
Oddometer: 180
Thumb Amazing!!

What an amazing looking trip guys!!! Nice sidecar modification too! Love the photos and good stuff for going out there and doing it!!
__________________
Compass Expeditions:
Global Adventure Motorcycle Tours www.compassexpeditions.com
London to Magadan Expedition www.londontomagadan.com
compassexpeditions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #678
ooweel
Jobless, Its OK!
 
ooweel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: ShoeMashVille
Oddometer: 769
Down Time

Careful trying to put more funds together for the next great trip.

I ended up with two kids and a different direction for 30 years!
ooweel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #679
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooweel View Post
Careful trying to put more funds together for the next great trip.

I ended up with two kids and a different direction for 30 years!
and are you ever going to finish that ride report?
__________________
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #680
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED
 
mightymatt43's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Texas, USA
Oddometer: 475
replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
What's the word, thunderbird?
Working hard to get back on the road! We are busting it to get financially to the place where we can continue on our journey. It's happening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackflash View Post
That looks super dangerous. Awesome RR though.
[/CENTER]
Thanks! We had a blast.

I feel like it's been a successful trip when you look back at trip photos and say, "holy crap...i can't believe we did that". In fact, I think I'd like to model the rest of my life on that thought....


Quote:
Originally Posted by compassexpeditions View Post
What an amazing looking trip guys!!! Nice sidecar modification too! Love the photos and good stuff for going out there and doing it!!
Thanks very much! Claude and company did a fantastic job. We're hooked now... working towards the next phase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooweel View Post
Careful trying to put more funds together for the next great trip.

I ended up with two kids and a different direction for 30 years!
Hahaha - I can understand how easy it could be for us to go back to the way we used to live. We've been very intentional about how we are moving forward though. Minimal expenses, small apartment downtown, kept the storage unit and are working our butts off to make travel money. A kid would definitely make things a little more complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
and are you ever going to finish that ride report?
That's what I'm thinking...!
mightymatt43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #681
GypsyWriter
Sarah
 
GypsyWriter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Hanford CA
Oddometer: 1,408
So it's been a couple months, any news or travel plans? :)
__________________
2012 R1200GS Rallye - Gypsy
2003 R1150GSA with DMC sidecar
Ask A Self-Publisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #682
Abenteuerfahrer
Deaf on Wheels
 
Abenteuerfahrer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Leland, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 2,280
Have VW will Travel..!

Hi Guys, long time no hear...

Wanna travel a bit more in comfort and be frugal at the same time get a VW Eurovan Camper or equivalent, which we did after our Sidecar Adventures...for us it was more because of our aging bodies!

See here of what we did via VW, you might like it; can bring your Doggie which you so dearly miss!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899281

cheers...
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #683
cmaridersa
Adventurer
 
cmaridersa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Hondo, TX
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenteuerfahrer View Post
Hi Guys, long time no hear...

Wanna travel a bit more in comfort and be frugal at the same time get a VW Eurovan Camper or equivalent, which we did after our Sidecar Adventures...for us it was more because of our aging bodies!

See here of what we did via VW, you might like it; can bring your Doggie which you so dearly miss!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899281

cheers...
I wondered what happened to you two. Started reading about your last adventure; thanks for posting the link here or I would have missed it for sure!
__________________
Earl
1999 Honda NightHawk 750
2000 r1150GS
'04 Ural Patrol - MollyTov
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S w/Texas Sidecar
cmaridersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #684
Whosoever
Adventurer
 
Whosoever's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Among the "colonies" in central North Carolina!
Oddometer: 41
What's happen to these folks...

I've been following this couple since they took off for Alaska on the Ural . Now nothing is heard nor have they updated their website since January. I've tried sending PM's via their email portal but get no replies. Does anyone have any clues....are they ok? Sure hope and pray so!
Whosoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #685
cmaridersa
Adventurer
 
cmaridersa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Hondo, TX
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosoever View Post
I've been following this couple since they took off for Alaska on the Ural . Now nothing is heard nor have they updated their website since January. I've tried sending PM's via their email portal but get no replies. Does anyone have any clues....are they ok? Sure hope and pray so!
Several months ago I sent them photos of repairs on their bmw1200/CSM rig at Sealy Cycle Service and received a thanks but absolutely no contact since then. I guess they're in the incognito/privacy mode for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Earl
1999 Honda NightHawk 750
2000 r1150GS
'04 Ural Patrol - MollyTov
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S w/Texas Sidecar
cmaridersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #686
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED
 
mightymatt43's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Texas, USA
Oddometer: 475
Replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWriter View Post
So it's been a couple months, any news or travel plans? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosoever View Post
I've been following this couple since they took off for Alaska on the Ural . Now nothing is heard nor have they updated their website since January. I've tried sending PM's via their email portal but get no replies. Does anyone have any clues....are they ok? Sure hope and pray so!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaridersa View Post
Several months ago I sent them photos of repairs on their bmw1200/CSM rig at Sealy Cycle Service and received a thanks but absolutely no contact since then. I guess they're in the incognito/privacy mode for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Guys! Sorry we've been a bit out of the AdvRider loop for awhile. Nothing too exciting has been happening, which I suppose is why I haven't posted much. We really have just been working hard and with a purpose - we're pushing ourselves hard so that we can financially continue to travel. Thankfully, business has been good and we're making progress. It's amazing how much easier it is to work when you have a goal...

I will say that Kristen started ordering maps... lots and lots and lots of maps. It's kind of ridiculous actually. Our apartment is flooded with travel research. What we're planning is going to take a ton of preparation so we need this time to get ready as it is. As soon as we have some more concrete things to report, we will definitely be posting...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenteuerfahrer View Post
Hi Guys, long time no hear...

Wanna travel a bit more in comfort and be frugal at the same time get a VW Eurovan Camper or equivalent, which we did after our Sidecar Adventures...for us it was more because of our aging bodies!

See here of what we did via VW, you might like it; can bring your Doggie which you so dearly miss!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899281

cheers...
Hey!

I know for sure that at some point we will do something like that. I know our dog, Bacon, would love for that time to be now. He is absolutely pitiful when we leave...

Looks like you guys are having fun!
mightymatt43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #687
Whosoever
Adventurer
 
Whosoever's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Among the "colonies" in central North Carolina!
Oddometer: 41
Hey....it's great to hear from you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymatt43 View Post
Hey Guys! Sorry we've been a bit out of the AdvRider loop for awhile. Nothing too exciting has been happening, which I suppose is why I haven't posted much. We really have just been working hard and with a purpose - we're pushing ourselves hard so that we can financially continue to travel. Thankfully, business has been good and we're making progress. It's amazing how much easier it is to work when you have a goal...

I will say that Kristen started ordering maps... lots and lots and lots of maps. It's kind of ridiculous actually. Our apartment is flooded with travel research. What we're planning is going to take a ton of preparation so we need this time to get ready as it is. As soon as we have some more concrete things to report, we will definitely be posting...




Hey!

I know for sure that at some point we will do something like that. I know our dog, Bacon, would love for that time to be now. He is absolutely pitiful when we leave...

Looks like you guys are having fun!
Thanks for your reply and update....sure good to know that "alls well" with you all. Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure!
Whosoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #688
Lacedaemon
Studly Adventurer
 
Lacedaemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Oddometer: 562
Thumb Wow.

I've spent the last three days reading this report off and on. Amazing stuff.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Lacedaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #689
GypsyWriter
Sarah
 
GypsyWriter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Hanford CA
Oddometer: 1,408
How goes the planning for the next leg?
__________________
2012 R1200GS Rallye - Gypsy
2003 R1150GSA with DMC sidecar
Ask A Self-Publisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014