Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #1501
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
Seems like a few of Casey's mates have taken over this thread. Cannot give up on Rossi yet, look how most wrote off Schumacher, In a competitive car he is up there at the pointy end now after all the critics said he was finished.
Rossi WILL get back to the pointy end again, red bike or not.
Just a thought, maybe they should let him drive that Ferrari until the Ducati is fixed.

Boy, viewership would jump through the roof.

It would be like the Coliseum.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #1502
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrasser View Post
Duz he drive duh NAPA Cup car?? I gotta' get sum Miller High Life.

Ya know I just discovered Miller High Life in the last couple years. My youngest son introduced it to me at Loudon when we stayed at the Red Roof on race weekends. I like it! The strange thing is it's not in every store...What's up with that?

Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #1503
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Seems like a few of Casey's mates have taken over this thread. Cannot give up on Rossi yet, look how most wrote off Schumacher, In a competitive car he is up there at the pointy end now after all the critics said he was finished.
Rossi WILL get back to the pointy end again, red bike or not.

Don't you worry mate, one of the things my Dad said has always been in my head;" NEVER write off a CHAMPION!" And Valentino Rossi is one of the greatest, no matter the sport.

But it's just the Aussie way, to have a bit of a 'dig'....
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #1504
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,969
Yeah, he is very similar to Schumacher, they both can win multiple titles on far superior equipment.

craigincali screwed with this post 04-15-2012 at 05:25 PM Reason: i kant spll
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #1505
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Ya know I just discovered Miller High Life in the last couple years. My youngest son introduced it to me at Loudon when we stayed at the Red Roof on race weekends. I like it! The strange thing is it's not in every store...What's up with that?

You just have to live in redneck land to experience "Miller Time"

If you run head first into a brick wall a few times it will taste even better.

Next time you are at NHIS, lemme' know- I am less than an hour north. I could show you what beer SHOULD taste like...

BTW, I have done a couple of track days at Loudon. Not too bad. You should have seen the old track which was known as Briar Motorsports Park(?). Not too good....
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #1506
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Dunno.
but I would like to point out to you that young Josh Day is doing a bit of moonlighting in the British Supers, in his quest to better Jed Metcher in WSS...Not doin' too bad either. Still got a bunch of Aussies in front tho ! (Jason O'halloran, David Johnson, Pat Medcalfe). We had a win in Supers and Supersport as well..
Wonder where Jed's getting in a bit of extra track time?

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/media/634293/race.pdf
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #1507
Old fart
Keen AG100 rider

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
But it's just the Aussie way, to have a bit of a 'dig'....
It is but usually we complain about the spoiled whiners and give credit where it's due!
Stoner has been compared to Mick and Vale, when he gets another 4 titles and comes back from major injury he mebe could be compared to Mick. Mentally nobody would compare Casey to Mick. Another 7 titles he can then be compared to Rossi, anybody here recon he has what it takes for another 7 years in the game? Even yoo one eyed Stoner crawlers would admit that's not going to happen.
Old fart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #1508
cyclop
"Sideways!"

Oddometer: 190
Ha Ha, he need not win 9 though as he has already beaten one with 9 on inferior equipment. As for Jorge, he has also beaten one with 9 on the same equipment. And Nicky, KRJR.....

They are all great riders. Just enjoy the show.

IMHO, of course

Quote:
It is but usually we complain about the spoiled whiners and give credit where it's due!
Stoner has been compared to Mick and Vale, when he gets another 4 titles and comes back from major injury he mebe could be compared to Mick. Mentally nobody would compare Casey to Mick. Another 7 titles he can then be compared to Rossi, anybody here recon he has what it takes for another 7 years in the game? Even yoo one eyed Stoner crawlers would admit that's not going to happen.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #1509
Old fart
Keen AG100 rider

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclop View Post
They are all great riders. Just enjoy the show.

IMHO, of course
You are right and if the first race is anything to go by then it'll be a good year. You do begin to wonder what relevance the top class of bikes has if only two companies can field competitive bikes. The lower classes show what good racing can be with the best racing being over before the big boys line up.
Old fart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #1510
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
from www.crash.net:

Valentino Rossi has played down rumours he is considering walking away from Ducati in the wake of the scathing comments he made about his GP12 machine after the Qatar Grand Prix.

The Italian endured a dismal opening weekend at Losail on the way to a lowly tenth place finish at the chequered flag, the former champion venting his frustration in post-race comments by declaring 'the problems with the bike haven't changed, and neither have my requests. It's unrideable, and it doesn't make much difference what track we are on.

Such comments have raised speculation that Rossi is considering leaving Ducati, but the man himself has now moved to quell such rumours, even if he reiterates his unhappiness with the current situation.

Speaking after receiving the infamous Tapiro d'Oro, a prize handed out to Italian celebrities who have endured 'a week to forget', Rossi insists he will continue to work on finding a solution.

"This is one of the most deserving of these prizes given history, Rossi told Italian television station Canale 5, who gave him the dubious 'accolade'. I am very 'attapirato' [I have a long face] because I am not competitive. I cannot ride at 100 per cent, while the others are stronger. I want to win and I suffer when we are so far behind.

"I will stay with Ducati. We will do everything we can to make Rossi-Ducati work. We'll try for every race and never give up.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #1511
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
i bet the interest in Ducati/Rossi is sky high.There is no such thing as bad publicity.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #1512
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
..."I will stay with Ducati. We will do everything we can to make Rossi-Ducati work....

It's over-- he's starting to talk about himself in the 3rd person.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #1513
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
It's over-- he's starting to talk about himself in the 3rd person.
Yeah, subtle sign there..and he also puts himself first in the "co-equal partnership" of "Rossi-Ducati"

Rossi is now trhe underdog so I can officially pull for him, particularly since Ducati has been so arrogant towards the riders and development for years.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #1514
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Dunno.
but I would like to point out to you that young Josh Day is doing a bit of moonlighting in the British Supers, in his quest to better Jed Metcher in WSS...Not doin' too bad either. Still got a bunch of Aussies in front tho ! (Jason O'halloran, David Johnson, Pat Medcalfe). We had a win in Supers and Supersport as well..
Wonder where Jed's getting in a bit of extra track time?

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/media/634293/race.pdf
Hey thanks for that. I wonder what is going on? Seems puzzling for him to race a CBR in the British Superstock series and race a Kawasaki 600 in World Supers.

Both Day and Metcher were pretty far off the pace in SS, though. The bike's might not be full spec machines.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #1515
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrasser View Post
You just have to live in redneck land to experience "Miller Time"

If you run head first into a brick wall a few times it will taste even better.

Next time you are at NHIS, lemme' know- I am less than an hour north. I could show you what beer SHOULD taste like...

BTW, I have done a couple of track days at Loudon. Not too bad. You should have seen the old track which was known as Briar Motorsports Park(?). Not too good....

On Briar, the old coots in the paddock seem to remember it fondly. Some of them stopped mid race to enjoy a swim in the pond...