Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #5131
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
So what's going to happen, Krop? Do we get two more years of Preziosi smiling and side stepping questions while the Ducs fall further and further down the field?

I've even stopped saying I'm a Ducatista in public, it's that bad....

Bloody Italian, when's he going to move out of his Mamas' house into the real world?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #5132
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Ryder
Nicky Hayden's lap record from 2008 survived Casey's attentions.
I thought this was interesting.
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #5133
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,111
Quote:
So what's going to happen, Krop? Do we get two more years of Preziosi smiling and side stepping questions while the Ducs fall further and further down the field?

I think I read a comment by Vito G. saying they wouldn't have anything radically new to try at the Valencia tests. Meanwhile Honda and Yamaha and Aprilia march forward.
Change is coming, and it has four interlocked rings attached to the front of it. Next year is a wash, but there must be signs of change inside Bologna. If there is no progress, then Marlboro walks and Audi has to decide whether to pick up the tab or not. Audi is going to be more and more actively involved, and Preziosi may be moved sideways or have his responsibilities altered.

The bigger test will come in WSBK. If the Panigale sucks as bad as it looks like it might, then Preziosi is looking for work, or shifted to engine mount design. If the Panigale is competitive, then he may keep his job.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #5134
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by protondecay123 View Post
Also have I got the team standings right in that satellite Yamaha is going to beat Factory Ducati in the final team standings?
Yabbut keep in mind T3 typically finished in front of the "other" factory Yamaha too. The Hondas were clearly putting down lots more power than everybody else - especially in the second half - but there did not appear to be too much daylight between the Yams. Lorenzo's title is more a testament to his powers of consistent concentration than a factory advantage.
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #5135
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
I thought this was interesting.
So did I. Stoner was nervous, he said, he didn't want to take risks and not win the race. I think he sacrificed an attempt at the record for the win.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #5136
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Yabbut keep in mind T3 typically finished in front of the "other" factory Yamaha too. The Hondas were clearly putting down lots more power than everybody else - especially in the second half - but there did not appear to be too much daylight between the Yams. Lorenzo's title is more a testament to his powers of consistent concentration than a factory advantage.
If you add LCR and Gresini together (the two satellite Hondas) they are ahead of the Ducati team as well.

EDIT - wait, that isn't fair, have to subtract Pirro's points. Even then, it's 300 points for the satellite Hondas to 279 for Ducati factory team.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #5137
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Change is coming, and it has four interlocked rings attached to the front of it. Next year is a wash, but there must be signs of change inside Bologna. If there is no progress, then Marlboro walks and Audi has to decide whether to pick up the tab or not. Audi is going to be more and more actively involved, and Preziosi may be moved sideways or have his responsibilities altered.

The bigger test will come in WSBK. If the Panigale sucks as bad as it looks like it might, then Preziosi is looking for work, or shifted to engine mount design. If the Panigale is competitive, then he may keep his job.
Is the Panigale unusably powerful and doesn't turn?

I haven't read much about the bike other than I know Checa didn't like it enough to want to leave Ducati over it.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #5138
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:

Preziosi might want to put tandem axels with dualies on his wheelchair; he's going to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Dagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #5139
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
Preziosi might want to put tandem axels with dualies on his wheelchair; he's going to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.
"going to have"? I think the last 2 years have already been reasonably tough.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #5140
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,361

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #5141
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
"going to have"? I think the last 2 years have already been reasonably tough.
Somewhat true, but the hole has got to be so much deeper now. Now that Ducati have thrown VR, JB, new frames & swing arms, untold versions of ECM software, various aero-bits and BIG truckloads of cash at the problem; yet the fundamental weakness of the bike remains unchanged.

And Preziosi is therefore about the only major variable not changed. To me, that would mean the corporate crosshairs of Ingolstadt are currently focused right between his eyes. If he thought the pressure was heavy before, he is about to experience a whole new level of crushing, this time with his job clearly hanging from the on track results next year.
Dagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #5142
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
Somewhat true, but the hole has got to be so much deeper now. Now that Ducati have thrown VR, JB, new frames & swing arms, untold versions of ECM software, various aero-bits and BIG truckloads of cash at the problem; yet the fundamental weakness of the bike remains unchanged.

And Preziosi is therefore about the only major variable not changed. To me, that would mean the corporate crosshairs of Ingolstadt are currently focused right between his eyes. If he thought the pressure was heavy before, he is about to experience a whole new level of crushing, this time with his job clearly hanging from the on track results next year.

It's really hard to say what's actually going on here. Ducati says that they've changed this and that and Rossi says the bike is fundamentally the same one he tested at Valencia in 2010. Who knows?

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #5143
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Is the Panigale unusably powerful and doesn't turn?

I haven't read much about the bike other than I know Checa didn't like it enough to want to leave Ducati over it.
News today is the Althea Racing has bailed on the 1199 Panigale for WSB. Ducati Corse left holding the bag for Checa. There's a foul air over Bologna.
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #5144
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by protondecay123 View Post
Watch Nicky Hayden's post race interview. He's always nice, but this was about as harsh as I've heard him talk about Ducati.
As close as he could come to saying the bike is a POS I think! He mentioned how in the past, he and Rossi were battling for podiums and now it's for 7th or 8th.

Also I see others here have been complaining that Jorge is too emotional and Stoner to stoic (generously paraphrased). They've earned the right to react however they want IMO. I can't imagine what they have to go through to get to be the champions they are. Good on them.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #5145
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
As close as he could come to saying the bike is a POS I think! He mentioned how in the past, he and Rossi were battling for podiums and now it's for 7th or 8th.

Also I see others here have been complaining that Jorge is too emotional and Stoner to stoic (generously paraphrased). They've earned the right to react however they want IMO. I can't imagine what they have to go through to get to be the champions they are. Good on them.
It would have been 8th and 9th but Pedrosa crashed. So yes, the Ducati really sucks.

Next year will probably be Hayden's final year in MotoGP, as I'm sure he won't do a Colin and ride a CRT. That said, I look for him to be more forthcoming in his commments. Hope he can get another podium or three before he's done, but not looking too likely.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote