Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #61
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Yo Dirty, are you planning to be at AR500 ? We (my sons and 2 bro-in-laws) are already planning to be there.
Anybody else from BR area going too?
I would like to go. Have ya'll going to ride up or trailer it?

Dirty
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #62
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Going to do some more pre-riding Saturday and check out group area C at Devils Den. I've secured it for April 13 and it is close to the shower! 4 foot fire ring so we can have a barn burner of a campfire. Everything is shaping. I have updated the site some but not quite done yet. I hope to finish by the end of next week. Stay tuned! Looks like we have about thirty riders signed up so far and more inquiries coming in.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #63
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
I would like to go. Have ya'll going to ride up or trailer it?

Dirty
Trailer up, maybe go a day early & get acclimated to the altitude .

Yea-Yea that's a good excuse - heck we may stay a day or 2 after too. Got another Brother-in-law coming over from Colorado on his KLR to join us - gonna be great Just hope the weather obliges.

Now if I can just get some tracks/routes from Scott (hint hint) we can plan our camping sites for the week.
EnduroRdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #64
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
Going to do some more pre-riding Saturday and check out group area C at Devils Den. I've secured it for April 13 and it is close to the shower! 4 foot fire ring so we can have a barn burner of a campfire. Everything is shaping. I have updated the site some but not quite done yet. I hope to finish by the end of next week. Stay tuned! Looks like we have about thirty riders signed up so far and more inquiries coming in.

Yo Scott, Group Area C looks good - when you say you reserved it what exactly does that mean?
Does that mean we have the whole loop for us - like sites 37 thru 45?

Park map brochure:
http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/im...EVILDEN-09.pdf
EnduroRdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #65
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

I took Saturday and rode the first leg of the route and need to 86 some pavement to finish it off. The second day is ready to pre ride which I will do this week. So the routes are coming along great.

I rented the area called Group Area C at Devil's Den. It has plenty room for 50+ tents and has its own bathrooms! Looks good. I will bring plenty fire wood! Check out the last ride report:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...54653&page=317

Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #66
sooner02r1
Wannabe

Oddometer: 311
I'm very interested in this ride. Would be trailering my DRZ up from OKC. My only concern is where I read on the site that passing other riders is not allowed while in motion, even if they slow or stop. Now I'm not trying to win the GNCC or anything but I like to ride at a brisk pace, and was wondering what the general pace will be, I'm not much for putting around in 2nd gear and stopping every 15 minutes for a photo op.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #67
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

If you are familiar with your GPS its fine with me to load the trax and go at your own pace. I encourage everyone to show up early to meet riders with your similar skills. Generally we don't pass too much because the roads are narrow. In a wide spot let r' rip! I hope to see ya here!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #68
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
I'm very interested in this ride. Would be trailering my DRZ up from OKC. My only concern is where I read on the site that passing other riders is not allowed while in motion, even if they slow or stop. Now I'm not trying to win the GNCC or anything but I like to ride at a brisk pace, and was wondering what the general pace will be, I'm not much for putting around in 2nd gear and stopping every 15 minutes for a photo op.
Do not think you will have to worry about puttin around or stopping a lot, last year I rode 650 miles in three days. Was a steady brisk pace the whole time. There was short sections that required slower movement. A very good time was had by all.

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #69
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Scotty, you mentioned a sag wagon to haul our own camping gear from spot to spot, so this will make it easier when the going gets tough.

Everybody has different idea's of what is fun and doable and it's all based on rider skill.

Fun and doable to me was Warloop Rd. two SLAP rides back when the trees were across the road and that old truck was stuck for what looked like for months. Going down Warloop is about a 7 out of 10 on the toughness scale for me

The last I think any of us want to get into is something we can't get out of. Is a Warloop type road going to be on this ride? Or can we expect gravelly, TAT-type roads-most of which could be run in a jeep be on this ride?

Tell us about the water crossings you know about. I know it depends on the rain, but how deep? Small rocks, Big rocks?

Thanks Much!

Dirty
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #70
sooner02r1
Wannabe

Oddometer: 311
Cool, sounds fun. I have been on rides where nobody ever got their butts off the seat and never spun a tire or lifted a tire, and that just ain't dirtbikin' to me and didn't wanna plan a big trip for putting around!

I will start making tentative plans!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #71
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

There are only two tough spots and people can ride around those if they like. As for water crossings, it is too early to tell. Our streams fill up fast with a couple inches rain. Last year we re-routed to avoid too much water. It added distance to the ride but everyone made their own decision and got through. Most of the water crossings are gravel to small rock. I could take a jeep.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #72
DrLewall
Banned

Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
There are only two tough spots and people can ride around those if they like. As for water crossings, it is too early to tell. Our streams fill up fast with a couple inches rain. Last year we re-routed to avoid too much water. It added distance to the ride but everyone made their own decision and got through. Most of the water crossings are gravel to small rock. I could take a jeep.
you talking Warloop and Pannell?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #73
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

I've been down (not up) Warloop on two different trips to AR. It's really not that big of a deal pretty nuts they still call that clapped out piece of tar a road though. That one drop step didn't even make me pinch a hole in my Nauga-covered seat.

I tell you Doc, the Woop Trail you took us down, and then back up was a HOOT! I don't think I marked it, and know I'd never be able to find it again.

Dirty
Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #74
DrLewall
Banned

Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
I've been down (not up) Warloop on two different trips to AR. It's really not that big of a deal pretty nuts they still call that clapped out piece of tar a road though. That one drop step didn't even make me pinch a hole in my Nauga-covered seat.

I tell you Doc, the Woop Trail you took us down, and then back up was a HOOT! I don't think I marked it, and know I'd never be able to find it again.

Dirty
I do have the track to it from WR ...infact, I think its in the SLAP trax thread
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #75
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Yes, if the weather allows for passable conditions on Pannell that is the plan. Leave Devil's Den day two and end up at Byrds. Byrds is the only place that has electricity and falls at a 175-180 mile ride from Devil's Den that I've found anyway.