User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
xcited OP
XRL

Oddometer: 179
New Ride coming up

I have started planning a new ride. I will be gathering some people and heading out from Lafayette and planning on riding around the Tunica area.

Stay tuned for more information as the details get polished. The ride will be around mid January.
xcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
KTMandu
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 328
Xcited
Just found your posting. I live in Lafayette as well. I rode in the Tunica area a couple of years ago with some Tx guys. We left out of St. Francisville and went north into MS, slept in Natchez and were supposed to go all the way to Vicksburg. It didn't quite work out as planned. Its a great area to ride and would love to be involved.
00 300 EXC
KTMandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #18
xcited OP
XRL

No problem, send me your e-mail address and I will add you to the map list!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 592
Suscribed, will be watching for posts for rides - would like to join in the fun. My usual rides go straight north from BR into Homochitto NF roads and around St. Francisville area. But I have been wanting to explore the Achafalaya basin area too. So any chance I get I will be over that way.

From last ride in Homochitto:

Lunch in St. Francisville, saw a couple KLR's pass by us but we couldnt get helmets on etc. and they got away.
Dont see a whole lot of other inmates around - a ton of Harleys on sunny days but slim pickins on other adventure types.

EnduroRdr screwed with this post 12-15-2011 at 10:21 PM
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
xcited OP
XRL

That sounds great. Might need to check out some of your spots, they look like fun. It would be cool to do 1 ride a month.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
xcited OP
XRL

Let's ride!!!

January 22nd 2012

Ok, so I got everything pretty much planned out.

For those of you that live around / in the Lafayette area we will be meeting up at the Chevron gas station next to Lowe's in Carencro at 7am.
For those of you that live around / in Baton Rouge you will meet us at the McDonald's / Exxon Gas station in New Roads at 9am.

For those who are coming with me from Lafayette/Carencro, the plan is to fuel up and head North on I-49 and take 190 to New Roads. Once there we will eat, fuel up and meet the other riders. Dirty_Sanchez will be giving us a guided tour that looks something like this....

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=2...52764,0.883026

The ride will be around 200+ miles and will change depending on how everyone is doing. We will be taking breaks. I should be a nice Sunday ride.

Dirty_Sanchez will drop us off at the new bridge in New Roads/St. Francisville. After that the people that came from Lafayette will follow me to Krotz Springs and we will take the Leeve roads to Crawfish Town for dinner (if you want to that is).

Have some questions? Post them here or PM me...

I will have a GPS tracker on my bike and plan on stopping to shoot pictures. Once I get back I will upload a proper map with photos and discriptions on the ride.

I would be nice to get a head count of people that want to come so we don't leave with out you.

xcited screwed with this post 12-19-2011 at 01:05 PM Reason: hit wrong button
Old 12-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #22
Daddy Long Legs
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Count me in on this........
Daddy Long Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 592
Me too and my son from the BR side. (so I guess that means +2 )
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #24
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,740
Team- for the folks heading to St. Francisville from Baton Rouge the Dual Sport Riders of Louisiana (DSRL) www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com crew usually meet up at the first gas/truck stop heading north on 61 then head out. The Truck Stop is on the left just past the long bridge that goes over the wide creek/sandwash across from Red Stick Armature. It is on the corner of the road that goes to the old Timbec Paper Mill.

Instead of having the BR folks head all the way to New Roads-an hour out of the way from where we're going, why not meet up at the gas station on 61 just south of St. Francisville proper and south of the Sonic and McD's. The gas station shares a Churches Fried Chicken. Everyone can muster there, fuel up and then we'll head out for some fun.

I'm aiming to get the Lafayette crew back to the east bank entrance to the new Audobon Bridge for 3 to 3:30p. This way you'd be able to get home for dark.

Killer dirt and gravel, twisty tar, Civil War era roads, some Moon Pies at the old store in Pond, MS. and a great day will be had by all.

Dirty
Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #25
xcited OP
XRL

That sounds good, I have changed the map so follow the link if you need to see the new meeting place. It's the little yellow gas statioin symbol.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #26
Boarider
lost

Oddometer: 111
How much dirt are you guys going to be doing? I have street tires on my Uly but wouldn't mind taging along.

From New Iberia.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Boarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #27
xcited OP
XRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1125Rebel View Post
How much dirt are you guys going to be doing? I have street tires on my Uly but wouldn't mind taging along.

From New Iberia.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
There will be another bike there with street tires, he has a DR400 supermoto. We have taken 2 rides together in some big rocks, deep gravel, mud and dirt. He dose fine with his.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #28
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Rebel-easy gravel roads, ride at your own comfortable pace kind of day but no one will get left behind,

Once you coon asses get over on this side of the river I'd guestimate the tar to gravel ratio will be 60/40. It would be more gravel, but we have to use tar to connect the fun roads.

Knocking the air pressure down in your tires a bit makes all the difference in the world on knobbies and street oriented tires. Once we get to where the non-tar section, knock them down to 18 to 23 psi and you won't pinch a hole in the seat with every approaching corner.

I'll see about stirring up the DSRL crew-there's usually a Uly or two in the crowd.

Dirty
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
LAYNFRM
slightly tarded

Oddometer: 68
if i'm not at the firehouse that day, you can count me in!

dirty, wear the sweatervest for good luck!

i'll be on the KTM of course. i don't think y'all would want to go quite as slow as i'd have to on the pitbike just to get there!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #30
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYNFRM View Post
if i'm not at the firehouse that day, you can count me in!

dirty, wear the sweatervest for good luck!

i'll be on the KTM of course. i don't think y'all would want to go quite as slow as i'd have to on the pitbike just to get there!
You leave me and my Sweatervest alone-I try my best to play up the appearance of the -fisticated biker. It's not working out quite like I have planned so far, but maybe the jar of Grey Poupon and them thar vocab-u-larrry cassette tapes with the big words might start foolin' 'em.

Hope you and the crew can make it.

Dirty