Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #31
Boarider
lost

Oddometer: 110
I should be in on this, just need to do a few things to the bike. Its been sitting up, I've been doing the sport bike thing.

Hey Dirty, another Buell would be nice, not many of us around.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Boarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #32
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,736
I'll prod 2EVIL4U on the Uly and see if I can't stir him up.

Dirty
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #33
cwadej
Keeper of the truth

Oddometer: 923
Ever get up to explore Camp Claiborne? I aciidently found it a couple years ago. Sadly I didnt have time to stop and explore much, but it's on my list to go back to.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #34
xcited OP
XRL

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwadej View Post
Ever get up to explore Camp Claiborne? I aciidently found it a couple years ago. Sadly I didnt have time to stop and explore much, but it's on my list to go back to.
Haven't gone there yet but it would be great. I think if people are really intrested we can pull off these trips once a month or so.
xcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #35
Tmfaulk
ReFurbed Rider

Oddometer: 36
local riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcited View Post
I live in Lafayette, it wouldn't be a strech to meet up with you guys for a weekend ride. But I was trying to find more places around here, New Ibera, Henderson, Scott, etc...Something that wouldn't take the whole day to ride to North for an hour and than ride.
i live in Lafayette area and in the last 1 1/2 - 2 months have been to st francisville, cypremort point & lake arthur, la.
these are all fun rides and multiple routes. also in this time span brookhaven, ms (area). really nice ride off the interstates.

some places to go & fun to ride with others. i am on an R1100RT so i enjoy the 1-4 hour rides.
dont know what others would want to do.........
tmfaulk
Tmfaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
I'm in with the sweatervest crew!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #37
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,736
Matt- I have one in grey with a few holes in it from the dog and another with a hounds tooth pattern but it buttons up.

Not sure which one I'll be wearing, but do you want me to bring an extra?

No,

Wait,

You're not making fun of me, eh?

Dirty
Old 12-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #38
duncanbojangles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Hey xcited, it's Duncan on the DR650 from the ride you did with Justin a few weeks ago. Count me in for this ride! I've got a new rear tire coming in soon, debating whether I should put the new one on before the trip or burn out the old one on the trip.
duncanbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #39
xcited OP
XRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanbojangles View Post
Hey xcited, it's Duncan on the DR650 from the ride you did with Justin a few weeks ago. Count me in for this ride! I've got a new rear tire coming in soon, debating whether I should put the new one on before the trip or burn out the old one on the trip.

Hay man! that's great I was hoping Justin got ahold of you. I would put the new one on, after that last one it looked like it could be changed. I just put a new front and rear on, if you need help let me know we could get together and prep / tune up the bikes before the trip.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #40
duncanbojangles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Yeah, I could definitely use your help putting the new rear tire on. I don't have any tire irons or spoons, I've been bringing my wheels to Cycle Gear up until this point.
duncanbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #41
xcited OP
XRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanbojangles View Post
Yeah, I could definitely use your help putting the new rear tire on. I don't have any tire irons or spoons, I've been bringing my wheels to Cycle Gear up until this point.
Trust me I enjoy having someone else with a tire machine put my tires on, the price is well worth it. But every time I do a tire change my self I get a little better at it. I always think to my self "You have to know this incase you get a flat on the trail." Practice makes perfect so I try to use only my bike tools and act like I am in the feild.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #42
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmfaulk View Post
i live in Lafayette area and in the last 1 1/2 - 2 months have been to st francisville, cypremort point & lake arthur, la.
these are all fun rides and multiple routes. also in this time span brookhaven, ms (area). really nice ride off the interstates.

some places to go & fun to ride with others. i am on an R1100RT so i enjoy the 1-4 hour rides.
dont know what others would want to do.........
tmfaulk

Yo Tim, I see you're fairly new to ADV - Welcome aboard (in case no one else already did that). I used to be a Beemer rider several years ago (more like an addiction back then - a garage full of air heads, we used to have a regular riding group in the BR area 20 years ago, I've lost touch with most of that crew since I sold off the boxers so I dont know if there is still a strong following.) Saturday mornings at Hebert Cycles is a good way to hook up for riding buds - but you probably already know that -

Anyway I also wanted to warn you in case you were planning to meet up us with us on Jan 22, that there will be a lot of dirt mixed in on this ride. You are more than welcome to join up but I see you ride an RT so I was not sure if you were comfortable taking it off pavement so I felt obligated to point that out.

Look forward to meeting you in person at a ride in our future!

EnduroRdr screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 08:25 AM
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #43
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcited View Post
January 22nd 2012

Ok, so I got everything pretty much planned out.

For those of you that live around / in the Lafayette area we will be meeting up at the Chevron gas station next to Lowe's in Carencro at 7am.
For those of you that live around / in Baton Rouge you will meet us at the McDonald's / Exxon Gas station in New Roads at 9am.

For those who are coming with me from Lafayette/Carencro, the plan is to fuel up and head North on I-49 and take 190 to New Roads. Once there we will eat, fuel up and meet the other riders. Dirty_Sanchez will be giving us a guided tour that looks something like this....

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=2...52764,0.883026

The ride will be around 200+ miles and will change depending on how everyone is doing. We will be taking breaks. I should be a nice Sunday ride.

Dirty_Sanchez will drop us off at the new bridge in New Roads/St. Francisville. After that the people that came from Lafayette will follow me to Krotz Springs and we will take the Leeve roads to Crawfish Town for dinner (if you want to that is).

Have some questions? Post them here or PM me...

I will have a GPS tracker on my bike and plan on stopping to shoot pictures. Once I get back I will upload a proper map with photos and discriptions on the ride.

I would be nice to get a head count of people that want to come so we don't leave with out you.
Yo Scott, your google map has a meeting place marked for BR folks but it is not the same location Dirty suggests.

Maybe you could add me as a collaborator on your map and I can correct it.

Or maybe better yet just add the marker for Dirty's meeting spot (corner of r-964 & west side of US61) so the BR crews can all meet at a regular familiar spot prior (there is probably a few lurkers that will just show up with out posting ahead of time) then hook up with you guys after we get our shit together at the truck stop since the BR crew assembly point (truck stop) is North of the Thompson creek bridge but south of the Miss river bridge you will be crossing anyway?

Also I see you have the second meeting point estimated for 9am. I'm thinking that is about right if you get the Acadiana side crews rolling by 7:30/7:40

Suggestions? times/spots/whatever? or at the least straighten me out on where/when we will meet the Laf. side guys?

EnduroRdr screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 08:38 AM
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #44
xcited OP
XRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Yo Scott, your google map has a meeting place marked for BR folks but it is not the same location Dirty suggests.

Maybe you could add me as a collaborator on your map and I can correct it.

Or maybe better yet just add the marker for Dirty's meeting spot (corner of r-964 & west side of US61) so the BR crews can all meet at a regular familiar spot prior (there is probably a few lurkers that will just show up with out posting ahead of time) then hook up with you guys after we get our shit together at the truck stop since the BR crew assembly point (truck stop) is North of the Thompson creek bridge but south of the Miss river bridge you will be crossing anyway?

Also I see you have the second meeting point estimated for 9am. I'm thinking that is about right if you get the Acadiana side crews rolling by 7:30/7:40

Suggestions? times/spots/whatever? or at the least straighten me out on where/when we will meet the Laf. side guys?
I was just focused on the Lafayette bunch and Dirty was taking care of the BR crew. Our plan is to meet up in Carencro. If you click on the little yellow gas pump icon it should give some details. After the Lafayette crew meets up at 7am in Carencro we will meet the BR crew in St. Francisville at 9am (look for the gas pump icon). I didn't draw anything on the map for the BR guys but you make a good point about people just following along. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I will add you. I am not sure where Dirty wants to meet you guys up at, I only drive though Baton Rouge so I don't know my way around there very well.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #45
xcited OP
XRL

I just re-read your question again. The marker in St. Francisville is where the Baton Rouge group and Lafayette group will hook up and start the ride. Dirty had a place picked out in Baton Rouge to meet up with the people coming from there, but if you can't make that or don't live in that area you could just meet up in St. Francisville.