Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #331
jimbo74
Trail Trundler

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzispete View Post

Rekluse clutch kit fits great except the hydraulic slave cylinder is tapped for a 10mm bleed/banjo fitting instead of the factory 8mm hose. Custom hose required. No big deal vs the AWESOMENESS of running a Rekluse
I would be really interested to hear and see more about this Rekluse clutch kit if you could please? Has it robbed any power from the bike? I don't know much about these things is it just like having one big centrifugal clutch? Has it added any weight?
jimbo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #332
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
I would be really interested to hear and see more about this Rekluse clutch kit if you could please? Has it robbed any power from the bike? I don't know much about these things is it just like having one big centrifugal clutch? Has it added any weight?
Same here, give us a rundown...
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #333
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,962
no added weight you could detect. they don't rob power. i installed it on a different bike but the benefits and issues i found with the basic EXP model will be pretty similar to those on any model, read here.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #334
brent j
VMX Tragic

Oddometer: 26
I fitted a heavier rear spring tonight and the bike sag and rider sag are now to KTM specs.

The standard spring SHOULD have suited my weight but was too light. Ride time tomorrow (RDO) so it will be interesting to see how it performs.

I strongly believe suspension is the first and most important thing to set up on any bike
Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #335
brent j
VMX Tragic

The heavier spring works a treat. This bike just keeps getting better!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #336
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
no added weight you could detect. they don't rob power. i installed it on a different bike but the benefits and issues i found with the basic EXP model will be pretty similar to those on any model, read here.
Well written review mr B1. The only thing I would add is the 350 kit comes with a hydraulic slave cylinder which can be adjusted externally, making initial set up a bit easier. It also means the Rekluse can be disengaged and the bike can be bump started.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #337
jimbo74
Trail Trundler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
I rang the dealer the other day to make some enquiries and discuss this and he said that Rekluse has "pulled" the product for the freeride for now and they are going to tweak it/adjust it and bring it out later in the year. I can't quite remember who I spoke to but I think it might have been Suttos?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #338
milzispete
Conquistador

Quote:
I rang the dealer the other day to make some enquiries and discuss this and he said that Rekluse has "pulled" the product for the freeride for now and they are going to tweak it/adjust it and bring it out later in the year. I can't quite remember who I spoke to but I think it might have been Suttos?
Did he say what was wrong with the unit?
apart from the incorrect banjo fitting and an extruded o-ring everything else seemed to fit fine.

a couple of pics installed

Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #339
milzispete
Conquistador

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40 View Post
Care to share a pic of that for us?
Sorry for the later reply. It took me awhile to get around to opening an online photo albums.

A few pics of the sump guard

Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #340
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,792
I recently pulled all the restrictors out if the exhaust and opened up the filter cage.
To get some more fuel down its gut I fitted a bazzaz z-fi fuel controller.

The bikes been geared up 2 teeth on the front and it was a bit dead but now the restrictors are pulled out and the mapping done it goes like stink.

The 12t front sprocket allows the rider to keep up with the big bikes on the transport sections (130kph easily doable) yet it wil still idle along in first gear at walking pace without any threat of stalling.

It's a great motor and gearbox.
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #341
brent j
VMX Tragic

I looked at one of the KTM accessory bash plates as the original is a bit of a joke. The price was a bit much but the shocker was when they told me there were 55 on back order!

I'm in the process of making one to give a bit (lot) more coverage. Mine covers half of the ignition cover on the left and the water pump on the other side.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #342
jimbo74
Trail Trundler

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzispete View Post
Did he say what was wrong with the unit?
No, he didn't. He implied it was being refined and perfected as opposed to anything "wrong" with it. I guess he would need to say that.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #343
jimbo74
Trail Trundler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
I recently pulled all the restrictors out if the exhaust and opened up the filter cage.
Did it go significantly better with just these 2 mods?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 AM   #344
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Did it go significantly better with just these 2 mods?
No it was way to lean I did not try to find out how well it went in fear of cooking something.
I'm not sure what map was in the stock ecu to start with it could have very possibly been the restricted map even though the bike was supplied with the air restrictor/filter cover removed.
The bike felt lean from the day it was delivered.

I used the bazzaz z-fi unit with there self tuner, Its easy to use and works really well.
I set it up with two maps one for power and one for fuel economy.
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #345
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
No it was way to lean I did not try to find out how well it went in fear of cooking something.
I'm not sure what map was in the stock ecu to start with it could have very possibly been the restricted map even though the bike was supplied with the air restrictor/filter cover removed.
The bike felt lean from the day it was delivered.

I used the bazzaz z-fi unit with there self tuner, Its easy to use and works really well.
I set it up with two maps one for power and one for fuel economy.

Are you playing with things made post 1980 Joe ? A bit dangerous dont you think?