Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
You yanks and your circlip transmission issues. I can't for the life of me figure out what you do that the rest of the world doesn't. The only conclusion I can come to is that your too gentle on them.
Boy, so much for being a member of the Commonwealth! I'm now being lumped in with those folks a little bit to the south of here. I don't think that I would be one to send a transmission out specifically for a 'Circlip' mod - I might have it done if the whole gearbox was being re-newed. My machine was of American origin and treated to all the best back in the day. It's dark days came upon it when it crossed the border into Canada and it fell into the hands of some real idiots. Things are fine again since she fell into my caring arms.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,731
Sorry Jack. Selling you short there
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,794
I'm a little bit sensitive about being lumped in with those guys - not that they're all bad. I once had the misfortune of trying to smuggle my bicycle on the London tube out to Heathrow and being caught by the transit police. They took a good round out of me and fined me for my transgression and let it slip that they thought I was a Yank. I slowly turned on them and identified myself as a proud Canadian - I gave them my best withering look. They crawled away apologizing as they went and I gladly paid the small fine.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote