Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #1696
Glennius
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Wicked

Hi isalas...

I think what you are looking at is the water pump. To be more specific; that is the 'weep hole'.

You may see a drip or two of coolant come out but no more than that.

That is just a passage for coolant that slips by the seals to exit the case.

Hope this helps...

Glenn
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by isalas16 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little help identifying a part, I'm about to purchase a used 2000 miles, 2013 crf250L, however I noticed today while looking at it that there is a piece broken off, I think its the water pump or cover for the pump,

I highlighted the picture below with the scree that has its head broken off, and a piece of the aluminium cover its also broken.

Is that easy to replace? how much do you think it costs?

1980 Honda XL80S
1976 Honda CT70 (First Machine) Nope, didn't get laid! (Fun though!)
Glennius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #1697
Balitarolo
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question crf250l fuel filter

Is there fuel filter in crf250l?
Is there fuel filter kit for crf250l?

I am going to travel with this bike but some country petrol is very dirty. and I tough this item will be help a little avoid the engine or/and fuel pump damaged. http://youtu.be/CIi1Ratt5Is?t=3m19s
Attached Images

Balitarolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #1698
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,486
see fuel filter info here http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oempa...212a/fuel-tank

Requires removal of the fuel pump from a large hole in the base of the fuel tank...a real pain in the ass.....plan on carrying a filter sock or something to filter the fuel as it's poured into the tank. I've seen somewhere...can't remember where at the moment...a top-hat shaped filter sock to put into the top of the tank to filter fuel as it's poured in...but it won't work for the honda because of the bars across the inside of the tank to keep from damaging the pump assembly with the filler pipe at the gas station.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #1699
Sierra_Lima_Hotel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Keep both! You won't regret it - two totally different bikes. Plus, you'll never be without a ride :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sierra_Lima_Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #1700
KxRuss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Hi all I think im going to buy a crf250l tomorrow. Is there anything that needs doing before taking it on a several thousand mile trip other than first service and how do you run it in fast or slow?
KxRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:54 AM   #1701
KxRuss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Now bought it and pick it up on Monday
KxRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #1702
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KxRuss View Post
Hi all I think im going to buy a crf250l tomorrow. Is there anything that needs doing before taking it on a several thousand mile trip other than first service and how do you run it in fast or slow?
I ran mine in hard without issues. By the book, the first 600 miles should be easy, low-revs, low-speed, with highly varying speed and RPM.

Just ride it. It'll be fine.
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #1703
rallyeman
Dakarboy -

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvega View Post
I think this bike is all that I want.

I want to test ride it first but isn't easy around here.

Do you think it will be available for this CRF250L a customised front fairing look alike the new CRF 450 Dakar :

About this one
Attached Images

rallyeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #1704
JettPilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
The exhaust is nice and has a nice sound but then again I never road the bike stock. I am running the 13t/42t so it does get loud if running WOT at 65mph. I think it will make a very nice trail exhaust.

I am used to much bigger bikes so I probably won't do any long distance touring on this. Touring at 55 or 60mph would make traveling across Kansas even more mind numbing if that is possible.
Your results are very predictable... You RUIN this bike by lowering the gearing, and putting a loud muffler on it. I mean Duhhhhh, you do everything in the world to increase its noise and vibration, and then complain about it on a long ride. AND Lowered your top speed in the process REAL SMART

The CRF250L is perfect with stock gearing, at 60 MPH the vibration is barely perceptible vibration and the bike is so quiet you have to concentrate to hear the muffler noise... I ride CRF250L for 8 hours straight with no problem at all, and I am not some super tough young guy... I have tried riding my CRF250L at 65 and 70 in 5 th gear, which is about same as the doing the sprocket change, and it SUCKS. Vibration increases a lot, as does noise... Honda definitely got it right when they gave this bike 6 speeds. Changing to a 13 Tooth front sprocket is like eliminating the 6th gear, the one I use most.

MONKEY SEE - MONKEY DO: People started putting smaller sprockets on this bike thinking it was a good idea, and once it started, others like you copy it without every trying it stock, or even knowing the consequences of what they are doing...

Mike
JettPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #1705
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Your results are very predictable... You RUIN this bike by lowering the gearing, and putting a loud muffler on it. I mean Duhhhhh, you do everything in the world to increase its noise and vibration, and then complain about it on a long ride. AND Lowered your top speed in the process REAL SMART

The CRF250L is perfect with stock gearing, at 60 MPH the vibration is barely perceptible vibration and the bike is so quiet you have to concentrate to hear the muffler noise... I ride CRF250L for 8 hours straight with no problem at all, and I am not some super tough young guy... I have tried riding my CRF250L at 65 and 70 in 5 th gear, which is about same as the doing the sprocket change, and it SUCKS. Vibration increases a lot, as does noise... Honda definitely got it right when they gave this bike 6 speeds. Changing to a 13 Tooth front sprocket is like eliminating the 6th gear, the one I use most.

MONKEY SEE - MONKEY DO: People started putting smaller sprockets on this bike thinking it was a good idea, and once it started, others like you copy it without every trying it stock, or even knowing the consequences of what they are doing...

Mike
I saw something like this you must have cross posted in another thread. but it still deserves a reply.

That is YOU, not others. It is perfect for YOU, not everyone else. Of course we have no idea where you are to remotely equate where this gearing is perfect. If you rode more serious trails in the foothills and mountains of the Appalachian or get into some tight single track trails in the sand in Michigan and places like that you'd understand. Some feel it is more important to be able to run those trails without frying a clutch than to have smooth cruising at 60-65. I'd rather make it out of the woods in which I rode, gladly trading off a bit of the top speed and smoothness to do so if that was my goal.

It may be monkey see - monkey do for some, but for others, myself included with my KLX250, we either rode and found stock was geared too high or, by experience, could tell the instant we rode it, as I did, that it was geared too high for serious off roading.

I had my 250 geared down from a 14/45 to a 13/47 and found it was no big deal to run 55-60 and I'm betting the CRF is about the same. I guarantee you that the 14/45 would have had me slipping the clutch way too much on that same trip since it was riding some Michigan trails and the roads between. Seems the single track trails had 8-10" deep sand and wound through the woods so tight that it made second gear hard to use even geared as low as I was.

So as you see, if the rider has an idea of where they may ride or the kind of riding they may do... monkey see monkey do, monkey doesn't bog down, get stuck, and burn up clutch.

By the way, the beauty of the chain is the ability to swap out sprockets rather quickly. I am running a 15/39 on my 250 and can cruise fairly well at 70-75 mph unless pushing a serious head wind. It's too high gearing, but they were laying around so I figured what the heck! I won't be off road again until spring and this area in west central Ohio is flat and paved everywhere.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550

markk53 screwed with this post 12-12-2014 at 06:36 AM
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #1706
lmavin
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Jettpilot,
i have over 10k kilometers on my bike but only 100 or so of those are over 100 kph (60 mph).
So honda gave it 6 gears, but for me and others who ride like me 6th is never used with stock gearing.
lmavin is offline   Reply With Quote