Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #31
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I've been torn between the Qwest and the N103 (if I'm going heavy, noisy modular, I want the sun visor and ratchet strap).

Now this.

Probably buy the Qwest and ponder this later.
N104 available JANUARY 2012 suppose to fix the 103 shortcomings
showkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #32
Smackit
Life Is Good

Oddometer: 275
Purchased a multitech last year, waiting another 6-12 months to replace it won't be a problem.

FYI... Multitech in Asia has a removable liner.

Cheers!
ChinaV
Smackit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #33
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 760
Love my Multitec but want more...

The removable liner, more venting and built in sunshade are what I asked for.

Keep it light, keep it quiet, do NOT change the shape or size and don't raise the price too much. If it uses the old style shield (which it won't) I'd be even more pumped as I have a bunch of them already.

Shoei, you can pen me in for a Medium next spring
PMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #34
JeffD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaV View Post
Purchased a multitech last year, waiting another 6-12 months to replace it won't be a problem.

FYI... Multitech in Asia has a removable liner.

Cheers!
ChinaV
you should package up retro kits and sell them. I think they would sell well. I wonder how different the inner shell is between the asian helmets and the rest?
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #35
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,452
I'm afraid it will be in the same range. Top of the line products cost top $$.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
Nice.. Let's hope the price won't be similar to the Schuberth C3's $700. I have a Multitec and find it super comfy compared to my C3.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #36
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
I'm curious, why the most versatile ? What features does it have that make it the most versatile ? Just curious...
So, it's not really offering anything new

I'll be in the market for a new helmet next year and my current Caberg seems to have most of what this new helmet has so I was really interested to hear how better the Shoei was....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #37
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,856
Subscribed

Was just looking up reviews on the Schuberth C3 and came across this.
Anyone know when these will be out? I'm ready!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #38
Benjava
?

Oddometer: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Yup, I am a little leary of the ratchet-style retention system. I really like my D-rings.

I've been completely spoiled by the ratchet on the Nolan I'm using now. Always hated D-rings. Leary? seriously? by the time the ratchet fails your neck is probably longer than it should be
Old 11-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #39
justadventuregear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Nolan N-104

I just found this link on Nolan's Facebook -page - Looks like it may be here for 2012 riding season.

Nolan N104 - EN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8ZOGCw9ck
Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Jumpjim
New GS owner!

Oddometer: 7
I've just tried the Neotec on at the NEC bike show here in the UK, and have been a Multitec user for the last 3 years.

Observations:

1) It looks a lot sleeker than the Multitec. I have always been quite shocked how bulky the multitec looks in photos but this looks a lot slimmer, particularly around the jaw line.

2) The sun visor is awesome. I had been looking towards buying a Schuberth but this ticks all the boxes. It comes down enough to block the sunshine without sitting on your nose and the side mounted controls are easy to use. The visor retracts up between the shell and the EPS liner meaning you won;t have it embedded in your head if you have an off.

3) The micro ratchet chin strap looks fine. I'm not sure whether I would say it is a step up, just different.

4) Overall the helmet seemed lighter than my multitec but I didn't have it up there to compare. Noise reduction is 45% over the multitec apparently which is excellent.

5) The chin ventilation bar is a push to activate and MUCH easier than the up/down slider on the multitec. In the same vein, the top ventilation seems well thought out and isn't blocked when you have the visor up.

6) All locking systems to keep the chin bar down are now stainless steel in response to the mixed review that the SHARP people gave the multitec in the UK.

7) Price was quoted at being around 420 in the UK which translates to around $670. SHould be out in the UK around March/April.

8) The pinlock seems to be considerably bigger than the current one. I'm not sure whether the visor itself is larger but the pinlock will be a lot less visible and goes right to the edge virtually.

9) I will be ordering one as soon as they come out!
Jumpjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #41
MikeinSA

Oddometer: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpjim View Post
I've just tried the Neotec on at the NEC bike show here in the UK, and have been a Multitec user for the last 3 years.

Observations:

1) It looks a lot sleeker than the Multitec. I have always been quite shocked how bulky the multitec looks in photos but this looks a lot slimmer, particularly around the jaw line.

2) The sun visor is awesome. I had been looking towards buying a Schuberth but this ticks all the boxes. It comes down enough to block the sunshine without sitting on your nose and the side mounted controls are easy to use. The visor retracts up between the shell and the EPS liner meaning you won;t have it embedded in your head if you have an off.

3) The micro ratchet chin strap looks fine. I'm not sure whether I would say it is a step up, just different.

4) Overall the helmet seemed lighter than my multitec but I didn't have it up there to compare. Noise reduction is 45% over the multitec apparently which is excellent.

5) The chin ventilation bar is a push to activate and MUCH easier than the up/down slider on the multitec. In the same vein, the top ventilation seems well thought out and isn't blocked when you have the visor up.

6) All locking systems to keep the chin bar down are now stainless steel in response to the mixed review that the SHARP people gave the multitec in the UK.

7) Price was quoted at being around 420 in the UK which translates to around $670. SHould be out in the UK around March/April.

8) The pinlock seems to be considerably bigger than the current one. I'm not sure whether the visor itself is larger but the pinlock will be a lot less visible and goes right to the edge virtually.

9) I will be ordering one as soon as they come out!

Good review, thanks! Did you think the sizing and fit were similar to the Multitec?
MikeinSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #42
Jumpjim
New GS owner!

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSA View Post
Good review, thanks! Did you think the sizing and fit were similar to the Multitec?
I thought it was a little loose as a medium although the nice lady said they were the only 3 prototypes in existence at the mo so I'll hold off on a fitting judgement.
Jumpjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #43
TDMTAM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletouch View Post
The New Shoei Neotec Helmet has just been released in Europe.
Thanks for Highlighting this, I was just about replace my trusted Multitec with a Schuberth but was having a few doubts on the C3. I may have to hold off on my decision.
TAM
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #44
lake_harley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Helmet "Holder" for Ratchet Style

The question was raised about safely attaching a helmet to a bike's helmet lock with a "ratchet latch" as opposed to a D-ring type. Below is what I use, after seeing something similar, somewhere. I used stainless steel to make this one and then coated it with multiple coats of "Plasti-Dip" spray from NAPA to keep it from causing scratches and paint dings. I leave it on the bike helmet latch on my bike(s) so it's always there when I need it.

Lynn

lake_harley screwed with this post 11-25-2011 at 04:04 PM
lake_harley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #45
stevedo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpjim View Post

I was also at the NEC and was informed by 2 Shoei staff that the price will be 470 ($730) and in the shops in the UK from the beginning of March. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever the price, 420 or 470, it's bloody expensive.
stevedo is offline   Reply With Quote