Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #76
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,654
Gawd. I almost choked at the cost when I bought my Multitec, but it has turned out to be the most comfortable, quiet, and versatile helmet I've ever had. Maybe Shoei will have them to evaluate at the upcoming IMS shows.

Saving my pennies...
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #77
Ultravoyageant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikki tikki tavi View Post
Just threw the plastic down to pay for a Neotec pre-order through Revzilla.

Boring, solid colors are $584 w/ free shipping. Me, being boring and solid, staked a white XL, discounted a bit through 'Revzilla bucks' from an earlier purchase.

Website says early March 2012 delivery. I really expected the Neo to retail much higher; the Euro sites showed over $700 US, but if Revzilla can make it work for $584, I'm in. Seems like it'll be the lid o' my dreams.

Revzilla:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...&utm_source=CJ
If I'm going to spend that much for a helmet I think I'd just as soon find another $115 and get the Schuberth.

But given how much I like my X-lite 1002 unless the 104 turns out to be a complete piece of crap(which I highly doubt but you never know) spending more than the $350 needed for the Nolan seems like a big bag of diminishing returns.

Oscar Wilde
Ultravoyageant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #78
tojays
Tojays

Oddometer: 1
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
of course Shoei came out with a new helmet, the reason.........3 months ago i bought a new multitech. i also recently bought a new Quest so expect Shoei to come out with another new helmet any day now.
I have been looking at the qwest but like the option of the flip up helmet. of the 2 helmets how do they compare I saw the new neotec this past weekend at a bike show and liked it a lot but I am wandering about the noise level of the flip up vs the fullface. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Thanks Tojays
tojays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #79
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,915
If you wear ear protection it won't make much difference. But as this helmet is so new, I don't think anyone can compare the noise level between the two just yet.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #80
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Quote:
The charge hasn't hit yet, but I only did it online less than 24-hrs ago (it was a PUI purchase at 0100 Sat AM). I did get an email from Revzilla that my order was "received", so maybe come Monday, when they're back at work, they'll hit my card. No sweat though, I've purchased gear from them before and visited their Philadelphia grand opening; it's a good outfit.

I'll update if/when the charges hit...
Did the charge hit? I really want to pre-order but I prefer that my money not be tied up for 10 weeks.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #81
rikki tikki tavi
mongoose is gone

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
Did the charge hit? I really want to pre-order but I prefer that my money not be tied up for 10 weeks.

Yes, it did. I am willing to float the money as I had an unexpected infusion of funds recently.

I also made a quick call to Revzilla for any updates they may have from Shoei regarding US supply, and "Joel" indicated they are still on track for an early March distribution. He also noted that the basic white lid (which I ordered) should be among the first arrivals and I may see it as soon as mid-February (yay!). I'm willing to wait if that doesn't pan out though.

One other thought...while the price of this helmet may seem high, it has features that would cost more to similarly equip my RF1000 and even a Mutlitec. Neo has the built-in shade; it cost me nearly $50 to buy a dark-tint visor. It also appears that the Neo comes with pinlok; it cost me another $50 for a CV-1 pinlok clear shield plus another, say $35 for a tinted insert. So that's about $135 over the initial, what, $450 I plunked down for the RF1000 5 years ago?

That and the multitude of improvements found in the Neotec made me consider this a worthwhile investment. Others may have their own feelings, but Shoei's fit me just right, so it's a done deal for me.

-Don
Old 01-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #82
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Quote:
Yes, it did. I am willing to float the money as I had an unexpected infusion of funds recently.

I also made a quick call to Revzilla for any updates they may have from Shoei regarding US supply, and "Joel" indicated they are still on track for an early March distribution. He also noted that the basic white lid (which I ordered) should be among the first arrivals and I may see it as soon as mid-February (yay!). I'm willing to wait if that doesn't pan out though.

One other thought...while the price of this helmet may seem high, it has features that would cost more to similarly equip my RF1000 and even a Mutlitec. Neo has the built-in shade; it cost me nearly $50 to buy a dark-tint visor. It also appears that the Neo comes with pinlok; it cost me another $50 for a CV-1 pinlok clear shield plus another, say $35 for a tinted insert. So that's about $135 over the initial, what, $450 I plunked down for the RF1000 5 years ago?

That and the multitude of improvements found in the Neotec made me consider this a worthwhile investment. Others may have their own feelings, but Shoei's fit me just right, so it's a done deal for me.

-Don
I agree with everything you said. I am also moving up from an RF1000 that I outfitted with a pinlock and a separate tinted CV-1. I love the fit of my Shoei and really look forward to this new lid.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #83
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultravoyageant View Post
If I'm going to spend that much for a helmet I think I'd just as soon find another $115 and get the Schuberth.

But given how much I like my X-lite 1002 unless the 104 turns out to be a complete piece of crap(which I highly doubt but you never know) spending more than the $350 needed for the Nolan seems like a big bag of diminishing returns.
I'd have to respectfully...go a different direction. I found the Schuberth to be uncomfortable and less plushly put together than the Multitec. Assuming that the Neo is on par with the Multi, I'd go with it, even if it were the same $$ as the Schuberth.

What I'll need to check out first hand is the size of the ear pockets. I've got some ...ample... auditory appendages, so between those and the need to accommodate speakers, I can't have anything that fits flush.

Also, even with the flip down shade (which I'd rather not have, BTW), I'll want a dark smoke shield and a hi-rez shield. With the Neo's shields being more expensive than the Multi's, that runs the tab up for me when I spring for a new lid.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #84
dacrazyrn
ED RN Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Haven't it expicitly written anywhere. Does it COME with the pin lock or is it extra?
'09 BMW F800GS-Fate Honeyed GSabelle
dacrazyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #85
rikki tikki tavi
mongoose is gone

Oddometer: 257
I haven't seen it in writing, but the pics sure look like pinlock is already set up on the shield. You can see the studs and the outline of the insert on some of the photos.

I'll have an answer in a few weeks (hopefully), and will let you know yea or nay...(if nay, I'll be kinda pissed) -Don
Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #86
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrazyrn View Post
Haven't it expicitly written anywhere. Does it COME with the pin lock or is it extra?
In the past, the helmets would come with the Pinlock in Europe, but not when it makes it to the States. Then, it'll be a year or so before the Pinlock sheilds are available in the States unless you want to order them from Europe.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #87
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Revzilla has the pinlock inserts for the Neo shield on their website. Hopefully that means they are immediately available if the helmet only comes with the posts on the shield but NOT the insert. I really hope it comes with the insert.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #88
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,891
I just posted that question on the Q&A over at Revzilla.
Here's what the description states: "New Pinlock-ready CNS-1 faceshield"

That tells me that has the Pinlock ready shield...but not the insert. I'll post up what their answer is.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #89
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,891
Questions asked..and answered by "Chris K" --> staff.

"It looks like it will be only Pinlock-ready."

Q&A here.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #90
univibe88
Slidell4Life

The follow up is: how soon will the inserts be available? Or are the inserts a standard size? I've only purchased one pinlock shield with an insert and didn't notice if the inserts are custom for each type of shield of if they are universal.