Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #91
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
The follow up is: how soon will the inserts be available? Or are the inserts a standard size? I've only purchased one pinlock shield with an insert and didn't notice if the inserts are custom for each type of shield of if they are universal.
I think your (partial) answer is three posts up.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #92
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,875
I just put in an order for the helmet and the insert. On the product page for the insert it says: Pre-Order: Expected to ship late- February

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #93
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Shoei Neotec

Anyone tried one of these yet. They look like what I may look at the next helmet I may try. Are they as noisy as some of the modulars?
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #94
wengland
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
I've crashed a few times in Multitecs. The one particularly nasty one I highsided my bike, Superman'ed it off, faceplanted, and literally watched the asphalt slide by the viewport in my first Multitec. The Multitec never popped open.

Hey! That sounds familiar. That takes a long time for the pavement to stop moving.
wengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #95
wengland
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
ON that note, I am in the market for a new flipfront. Hope to hear from the early adopters if the Neotec is $175 better than a Multitec. I really liked the Multitec - had no complaints at all about it.

Lets hear from the early adopters . . .
wengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #96
Hot Stuff
Road Dragon

Oddometer: 299
That helmet is being discussed HERE
Hot Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #97
rikki tikki tavi
mongoose is gone

Oddometer: 256
Revzilla should be shipping soon. I have a preorder in and am yearning more than a kid on Christmas morning.

While I don't have a Multi to compare it to, I'll psot a review once received and put through its paces.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #98
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,307
The issue I'm most curious about is whether the chin bar will be out far enough. Every other flip-up helmet I've tried, the chin bar is too close to allow a microphone to fit between my mouth and the bar.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #99
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
In-Stock?

Just got an email from a vendor. Looks like the Neotec is now in stock.
Anyone have one yet?

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #100
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little View Post
Just got an email from a vendor. Looks like the Neotec is now in stock.
Anyone have one yet?
A few people have. Check HERE
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #101
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
My Neotec arrived three days ago. I had pre-ordered from Revzilla. I got the same size as the Multitech it is replacing, and it fits well. It presses against my forehead slightly less, which is good. The cheek cushions seem a bit tighter, but I think the Multitech was tighter when it was new also, so I expect it to loosen a bit as it breaks in.

So far I have used it for around 4 hours in temperatures of 35 to 45 degrees (F). With the chin curtain and breath guard in place it is quieter than the Multitech and keeps my chin warmer. The sun shade works well and doesn't interfere with my glasses. There is substantially more room for a microphone, which was one of the weak points of the Multitech. Airflow through the top vent and chin vent are both better than the Multitech, but unlike the Multitech I can feel a bit of air through the top vent even when the vent is closed. Hopefully this won't mean that rain will leak in. Also, I'm hoping that it doesn't become too hot in hot weather, since the padding fits tighter around the neck and under the cheeks, which is no doubt part of the reason it is quieter. I won't be able to answer this question until the weather warms up.

Another thing I like is that the face shield will stay open about a milimeter to let a bit of air in. The Multitech opened too far on the first click, which was a pain when it was raining (when you want a bit of air to keep the screen from fogging but don't want rain to get in). I also think the chin vent, which directs air up along the inside of the face shield, should help avoid fogging in the rain if the Pinlock isn't installed. One more thing is when the clear faceshield is raised, it doesn't seem to catch as much wind as the Multitech, so I expect it will be pleasant to ride with the clear shield up and the sun shield down on hot days.

With the Multitech, there is a lot of wind noise when the face shield is opened one click, but it gets quieter when opened two clicks. Sometimes you don't want it opened two clicks though, so you have to put up with the noisey first click position. The Neotech seems pretty quiet when opened either by one click or two.

In general I'm very pleased with the new helmet. One minor thing that could have been fixed, but wasn't, is that there is only one tab to open the visor, positioned where it can be reached by the left hand, just as was the case with the Multitec. There have been plenty times when sitting at traffic lights with my left hand on the clutch, that I wanted to open the visor to get some air. That requires either putting the bike in neutral, or reaching across to operate the visor with the right hand. Not a big deal, but needlessly inconvenient.
Avocet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #102
univibe88
Slidell4Life

I preordered from Revzilla and mine shipped last Friday. I am traveling for work this week so I won't be home to check it out until Friday. I can't wait!

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #103
univibe88
Slidell4Life

I took mine for a quick spin this weekend. I wore a Large in the RF-1000 and I got a Large for the Neo also. It seems a bit louder than the RF1000, but I wear earplugs so I don't care. It seems that the d rings are smaller, so threading the chin strap is a bit harder.

It was around 40 degrees on my ride this weekend and the shield fogs like a bastard. As noted, it does have a tiny opening for the first click. That is nice. I haven't installed the pinlock insert yet, but it is needed.

I'm very happy with the helmet

univibe88 screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 05:08 PM
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #104
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,573
Mine came in last Thursday, but I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. It still seems incrementally bigger inside and out than the Multitec. Hands on report soon.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #105
dacrazyrn
ED RN Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
It seems that the d rings are smaller, so threading the chin strap is a bit harder.
What D rings?
'09 BMW F800GS-Fate Honeyed GSabelle
dacrazyrn is offline   Reply With Quote