User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
custimguitarman OP
noo goozzi dood

Oddometer: 17
KTM LC4 400 Tyres

I know I run the risk of being burned at the stake for even posting this but here goes. I have a 95 LC4 400. I love the hell out of it. Came to me with IRC's on it. The standard issue dual sport tire. the rear is smoked and the front washes instantly on wet trail.

My problem is determining what I am going to put on her next. I cannot decide what percentage I ride. I know that when the urge arises almost everytime I ride, I like to ditch off into the woods around where I live and that is getting very difficult in wet weather. Mud is out of the question and I fall on wet trail often.

I ride a lot of road too but never more than 100 miles at a time and I try to keep to mostly back roads at that. I know if ihad good treads I would offroad even more and use the lights and plate just for to get into the trails and home again.

Been lookin around at the really knarly DOT stuff and it looks like there are lots of options. I am also pretty comfortable that a shake-down by the cops is not an issue where I am and I am open to other suggestions as well. I am no sport bike rider but I love the curves. I don't want to kill myself out there but then again I have yet to drag a peg on any bike I have.

custimguitarman screwed with this post 12-12-2010 at 02:27 PM
custimguitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Lortdadu
Joe Cool

Oddometer: 207
Hmm... I right now have dual sport tyres on my KTM LC4 400.

If you ride off road a lot on wet weather, you could consider soft terrain tyres. Of course the soft terrain tyres wont be great on asphalt roads.

Oh, and I just spotted the "Unicross Motorcycle Tyres" on Bikebandit. The product description says they're good on all terrains. Of course, you shouldn't expect good performance on all surfaces from universal tyres, because they're planned to be decent on all surfaces. They're going to be probably "average" or worse. I don't know, might be a shot worth considering.

Dual sports are also quite good when they're new. They're supposed to be 80% off road and 20% on road.
Lortdadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
If you want cheap, C858 ChengShins have worked quite well for a 50/50 General terrain tire.
I also like the IRC TR-1 DOT Trials Tire.
On a pure dirtbike I like the IRC Volcanduro VE33/VE35 not so much on the roads the knobs are to tall and wallow.

This tire question has been lambasted a 1000 times.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
custimguitarman OP
noo goozzi dood

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post
If you want cheap, C858 ChengShins have worked quite well for a 50/50 General terrain tire.
I also like the IRC TR-1 DOT Trials Tire.
On a pure dirtbike I like the IRC Volcanduro VE33/VE35 not so much on the roads the knobs are to tall and wallow.

This tire question has been lambasted a 1000 times.
I realize that but at least I am not here to argue about what tire to use. Just lookin for some different opinions before I go out blowin money.