User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Ply318ci OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Yucaipa to Ouray and back.

Hello my name is Ethan and I have been a member on here for sometime. I have only posted a few times but now I have a reason to, I am doing my first adventure ride from here in Yucaipa CA to Ouray CO. I am part of a 8 man team riding out for a Men's Retreat at Dark Timber in Ouray with Wildwood Calvary Chapel. There will be 6 of us riding at one time and two in a chase vehicle with a four bike enclosed trailer just incase. There is me on my 2014 Green Triumph Tiger 800XC, Scott Wright men's pastor and owner of IMS Products on a 2014 BMW 1200GSA, Chris Hardin Manager of IMS Products who is mainly a driver since his 2009 Husky TE310 probably wouldn't be to comfortable for 850 miles. Mark Schlichter on his personal 2010 BMW800, Jeremy Fogle 2014 1200GSA, and possibly another guy from church Keith Morabito on a 2014 BMW 800GSA. These last two bikes are on loan from BMW Motorcycle of Escondido. Chris Hardin and Tim Fogle will be driving Chase Vehicle, with Chris taking sections of the ride trading off with Jeremy that way if any of us get tired we can park it in the truck.
Our plan of attack is to leave Sunday the 15 at around 2pm and then hit Vegas for some IMS promotional shots and videos. Then bomb out to Saint George Utah for the night. The next day we will be hitting Moab and Zion on the way to Ouray. Once at the camp we plan on going over Engineer Pass and a few other yet to be determined rides. We will be there from the 17-21 when we leave to ride the full 850 miles back in one day.
As we prepare I will post more pics and info but now for what you all really want to see the bikes, or at least one of them my personal Tiger 800XC.
I have added a RS4 Yoshimura exhaust, Alt Rider guards, Precision Concepts redone front suspension and Touratech rear shock, TKC80 front and rear tires, Renthal Twinwall Handlebars, Cycra Hand guards, and a very comfy Seat Concepts seat. I will be wearing KLIM Overland Pants and Jacket and a KLIM Helmet.
On top of all of this IMS has loaned me a set of their Rally Adventure bike foot pegs. I will get some pics when they arrive but let me say I have ridden with them on this bike before and they are great, big, lots of grip, and easy on the eyes. Scott Wright will have a set of the new Adventure Pegs on his 1200GSA as soon as they are finished. He told me they should be really cool with a special shape just for big ADV bikes. I will keep this updated as things develop.

Ply318ci screwed with this post 05-28-2014 at 07:46 PM
Ply318ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Ply318ci OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Gear

Everyone loves new gear. Nothing beats opening that box from the mail, or picking up that perfect helmet or jacket from the dealer and putting it on and thinking, "Oh yeah, that works." That is how we feel about the awesome KLIM gear that we have for this ride. We are all outfitted with KLIM F4 ECE Helmets, they offer great protection, do not interfere with your peripheral vision, and looks the part. The Jacket and Pants are all KLIM Overland series. They offer great ventilation from the multiple zippers that open up and allow great air flow, with out compromising safety, a theme you will notice about KLIM gear throughout this post. The arms can get a little hot but by simply undoing the velcro straps at the wrist and forearm opens up the jacket to amazing airflow with out compromising your safety (again). Inside the jacket on the right hand side is a zippered mesh pocket with a small hole on the top. It quickly become apparent that KLIM has not forgot that for many of us our ADV bikes do not have speakers to allow us to listen to our favorite music. But you can easily fit a iPod, iPhone, Android, or whatever electronic device you have in the pocket, zip it up, and have a place for the headphone wires to come out of, with out (once again) compromising your safety. This is a great option to have on long rides with open face helmets, since the wind noise can become tedious after a while. I will up date this post with more pictures as I get them, until then enjoy the few pics of one of the Helmets we will be wearing.

*Taken from the IMS Products Blog Click to see pictures.

http://imsoffroad.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/gear-part-1/

I will update this page as more things develop.

Ply318ci screwed with this post 06-04-2014 at 05:35 PM
Ply318ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
Carmell269
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Ethan the bike looks great. Im in Yucaipa myself, small world. Oddly enough, Im traveling with a two other riders to the same region and well beyond, around the same time. Our ride is mapped at around 4500 miles, will take us north out of CO into WY, and then across ID, OR, and all the way down the coast back home. Have a safe trip, maybe we'll see you on the road.
Carmell269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Michaelfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
How'd the trip go?

Haven't heard. Hope all went well.
Ridgecrest, Kahliffoanya
Michaelfish is offline   Reply With Quote