ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #16
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazdiver View Post
Yep, might be heading out on Sunday with a mate to Gembrook trails or thereabouts. be leaving Cranbourne area/ Patterson Lakes, nothing too serious as leaving the bush bikes in the garage. just a pleasant ride with Miss Daisy
Would you want to meet at the Servo at Longwarry North on the Princes Hwy and head in from there? Can be there about 9am.

Also, Saturday 5th, I'll be having a look through Toolangi. Meet at Toolangi Tavern car park 9am. Planning an easy ride, to have a look through this area.
Newbies welcome, will be sticking to main tracks, ie nothing gnarly.

View Larger Map
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı

itsgunnahurt screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 02:08 AM
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
Captn Spock
Adventurer
 
Captn Spock's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Reservoir, Victoria, Australia
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgunnahurt View Post
Would you want to meet at the Servo at Longwarry North on the Princes Hwy and head in from there? Can be there about 9am.

Also, Saturday 5th, I'll be having a look through Toolangi. Meet at Toolangi Tavern car park 9am. Planning an easy ride, to have a look through this area.
Newbies welcome, will be sticking to main tracks, ie nothing gnarly.

View Larger Map
Ill be there. 9 am at Toolangi; sheesh that's an early start i
__________________
new to adventure riding...
Captn Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
dirtkiwi
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 46
Laugh Wombat Sat / Sun 5/6th Jan

Hi everyone,

Heading to Wombat either Sat or Sun, (whichever suits whoever might want to come) , for a bit of a loop. Wont get too serious but depends on what you feel like.

Let me know if anyones keen to join. Will be leaving from Essendon at 7.30 ish, down the Calder, should be in the bush by 8.30, ride, coffee, home by 12.30......
dirtkiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Two of us look to be going for a ride next week Mt Dissapointment area , if anyone keen. Will post details closer to the day
640adv & 525
I'm keen, do you know the area?

I would like to come to Toolangi but the code red fire danger at the moment concerns me... I don't want to start a fire nor do I want to find myself near one.

Edit: Wouldn't mind heading up the Great Ocean rd actually, if anyone is keen

Llamaha screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 06:42 PM
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaha View Post
I'm keen, do you know the area?

I would like to come to Toolangi but the code red fire danger at the moment concerns me... I don't want to start a fire nor do I want to find myself near one.

Edit: Wouldn't mind heading up the Great Ocean rd actually, if anyone is keen
I've been keeping my eye on the CFA site... http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-r...and-incidents/
I'll check it again tomorrow before I head out.

Great Ocean rd? Haven't been there for a long time now, too many terrorists and revenue speed safety cameras last time I went.
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
prestonpaul
What?
 
prestonpaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Kennedys Creek
Oddometer: 1,424
Head west. The cool change is coming from that direction, forecast for Cape Otway is 20 degrees tomorrow which beats the 28 degree forecast for Melbourne I'll be out at Kennedys Creek which is on the western edge of the Otways. Not riding unfortunately, but if you get that far out you would be welcome to drop in for a coffee and top up on water or air for tyres or whatever else you might need that I have.
Have fun
__________________
Mostly harmless.
prestonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
Crobar
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Dandenong North
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN Z View Post
Two of us look to be going for a ride next week Mt Dissapointment area , if anyone keen. Will post details closer to the day
640adv & 525
Should be sweet for a Sunday morning ride to Forest closer to the sth east since chances are I'll be heading up from Rye.
Maybe Neerim again?

Edit: Actually, will come home sat night so forest of your choice bud. :)

Crobar screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 10:30 PM
Crobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #23
Jazdiver
Adventurer
 
Jazdiver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 52
Watching the weather but we will heading to Gembrook on Sunday
Jazdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #24
CAPTAIN Z
OZ Mission Master
 
CAPTAIN Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Belgrave,Victoria
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobar View Post
Should be sweet for a Sunday morning ride to Forest closer to the sth east since chances are I'll be heading up from Rye.
Maybe Neerim again?

Edit: Actually, will come home sat night so forest of your choice bud. :)

Yeh Sunday suits me and I'm happy with Neerim
CAPTAIN Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #25
Crobar
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Dandenong North
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazdiver View Post
Watching the weather but we will heading to Gembrook on Sunday
Aren't most if not all of the tracks closed there now?
Crobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobar View Post
Aren't most if not all of the tracks closed there now?
I think a lot of the old tracks were closed years ago, due to the sheer numbers of 4wd and bikes, but you're right, a lot of the harder tracks are gone now.
The main roads through are still open, but Labertouche (along the power lines) is still pretty popular.
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #27
CAPTAIN Z
OZ Mission Master
 
CAPTAIN Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Belgrave,Victoria
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgunnahurt View Post
I think a lot of the old tracks were closed years ago, due to the sheer numbers of 4wd and bikes, but you're right, a lot of the harder tracks are gone now.
The main roads through are still open, but Labertouche (along the power lines) is still pretty popular.
Under the power lines are rutted up steep tracks, if that's what you like riding. We travel a bit further east and ride Nerrim East now, more tracks to choose from.
CAPTAIN Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
Jazdiver
Adventurer
 
Jazdiver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 52
Itsgonahurt, is that the old Caltex or is it a BP super centre, where are you coming from. I'm riding in from Patto,
Jazdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #29
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazdiver View Post
Itsgonahurt, is that the old Caltex or is it a BP super centre, where are you coming from. I'm riding in from Patto,
I'll head to the BP. Black 1200 GSA.
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Spock View Post
Ill be there. 9 am at Toolangi; sheesh that's an early start i
That was a pretty good ride, definitely worked up an appetite for the burger at Buxton... might have to do that one again!
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014